Quinn wants more

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

HE was a NSW hero allowed to walk out on Newcastle, but today Anthony Quinn will start negotiating a new deal worth up to $1 million.

Player manager Darryl Mather will this morning meet with Storm officials to upgrade Quinn's deal for 2009, and then push for a new contract from 2010-12.

The Daily Telegraph understands Mather may push Storm football officer Frank Ponissi for a deal worth around $300,000 a season - which would make Quinn rugby league's latest millionaire........

"He has had a fabulous 12 months - a premiership and now State of Origin. We couldn't have predicted how well he's done..........

"Anthony can be so uncompromising. .............

"When he hits someone, they stay hit:? That hit on (Queensland halfback) Johnathan Thurston - I thought he was going to end up in China."
Tell me this is a wind up, Quinn isn't in the league to be getting that sort of money from anywhere in the comp, is he, in fact has he really provided us with anything apart from being on the end of great work and play before he gets the ball to cross the line?

The only reason why he was in the NSW squad was due to what he has learnt down here and I hope that he doesn't let the door hit him in the arse has he is shown it if this story is real.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

was actually just discussing this with my older brother. we both agreed that he isnt worth that sort of money. he has good hard defence at times...but also likes to rush in and misses a few tackles and lets in tries. if he didnt let any tries in and stilled scored the same amount then maybe he could get a bit of a pay rise. but not $300k a year.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Quinn is worth it but I hope he signs with the Storm for much less..

His hit up work as well as the extra dimension to his game in the Second Row testifies that.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

He isnt worth that much.Who knows how much we've got left in the cap anyway?
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd rather 2 Quinn's than 2 Falous.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: I'd rather 2 Quinn's than 2 Falous.
I have to ask,why?!?!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In Quinn you can see that he dose all the tough stuff and the comes back asking for more team oriented 1%ers. Kind of like a 2007-8 version of our favorite winger Marcus Bai.

Falou does some magical things but I hardly ever see him showing the type of grit that Dj, Cam Smith, Slater, Steve Turner, Cronky ect put in.

In the game last night Turner made 3 hit ups in the same set when no-one else put there hand up for it.
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good point.Didn't think of it from that angle.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not knocking anyone.

I'm just a HUGE fan of players that come from nothing give it a red hot go and get to the top.
And most of all do the team things when at times it is a determent to there own precevied accumulation of accolades.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

but hey folau is a young guy...relatively new to first grade, quinny has been around for awhile...so he is a little more experinced in that area. I think with time it will come for izzy. Also maybe he doesnt have that "grit" that Dj and some others have, but thats just him, thats just how he plays. Just because someone doenst have the same "grit" has DJ doesnt mean he dont put in 110% for the club. i think he puts in as much as everyone else.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's a tough one.  If he was worth 220k when we first signed him, then he's prob getting close to 300k going on his improvement.  Having said that, i'd have thought about 260kish would see us out
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think Quinn is only going to get better so i'd like to see him get an extension.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Is it just me or do player's managers get their name in the media more often then the actual players who take the hits, run the yards, get the battered and bruised :x.
It seems that the managers want their 15 minutes of fame so offer/make up/exagerate some demands from the 'clients'.
I know it is there job to get the best for the players but please stick to the contract talks and lets have the news and views from the players please. I dont want the managers to tell me what Quinn or Cam Smith or Folau want or will do i want to here it from them.

If a player is having serious talks with a rival club let us know. It seems at the momment that every player at the storm has generated 'interest from Bisbane' I have an 'interest' in buying a Farrari, doesn't mean I'll get one (.... must check that lotto ticket!!!! :lol:)
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

coupy73 wrote: Is it just me or do player's managers get their name in the media more often then the actual players who take the hits, run the yards, get the battered and bruised :x.
It seems that the managers want their 15 minutes of fame so offer/make up/exagerate some demands from the 'clients'.
I know it is there job to get the best for the players but please stick to the contract talks and lets have the news and views from the players please. I dont want the managers to tell me what Quinn or Cam Smith or Folau want or will do i want to here it from them.

If a player is having serious talks with a rival club let us know. It seems at the momment that every player at the storm has generated 'interest from Bisbane' I have an 'interest' in buying a Farrari, doesn't mean I'll get one (.... must check that lotto ticket!!!! :lol:)

Was thinking something similiar to this.  Its an interesting time for player managers and the Melbourne Storm at the moment.  The role of the player's manager has traditionally been to get the very best deal for their player(s) and in turn increase their own earning capacity.  This is often done by working the media, pressuring the clubs, creating interest with other suitors and finally getting the best financial deal. With the Storm at the moment you have the players openly talking about and taking lesser deals to stay at the club.  This scenario flys in the face of what the player manager is trying to achieve. 

I don't think it is any coincidence the only ones to talk up big deals and needing to get paid at the Storm are the player managers (which is their jobs).  If the players themselves started taking like this I'd be more worried.  I have great confidence in this playing group that they will be happy to get paid of fair amount for their services but are happy to forego the premium deal to keep the playing list intact.  How'd you like to be a player manager dealing with the Storm at the moment.
Last edited by bootsie16 on Sun May 25, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....