Storm fined for cap breach

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Six clubs were fined a total of $237,155 following an audit of all club's books from the 2007 season, down from the $464,849 in fines stemming from the 2006 season.

Souths were the hardest hit with a fine of $70,625, with Wests Tigers ($46,800), Canberra ($45,813), the Bulldogs ($25,000 with a further $25,000 suspended), premiers Melbourne ($13,917) and Brisbane ($10,000) also ordered to cough up.
foxsports.com.au
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Super Cronk wrote:
Six clubs were fined a total of $237,155 following an audit of all club's books from the 2007 season, down from the $464,849 in fines stemming from the 2006 season.

Souths were the hardest hit with a fine of $70,625, with Wests Tigers ($46,800), Canberra ($45,813), the Bulldogs ($25,000 with a further $25,000 suspended), premiers Melbourne ($13,917) and Brisbane ($10,000) also ordered to cough up.
foxsports.com.au
Strip 'em of the Premiership!!

Sorry, wanted to get that in before the LU lynch mob starts it
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Breaching the cap is part of our culture. I'd be disapointed if we didn't get fined!

Also massive LOL @ souths.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
samo
Squall
Squall

a fine that small will have something to do with payin a player to do a school visit or regional tour at the start of the season and by the end of the season they were a top 25 player therefore that payment was included

or they didnt think that all the guys they offered rep bonuses too if they made certain teams would. i.e. players playing for nsw/qld or oz.

samo
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

While details of the breaches were not released by the NRL, the governing body claimed most of the fines were related to payments that had been disclosed but were accompanied by incorrect classifications.
Being that the NRL clears & qualifies 99.9% of those 'classifications' I find the above statement seriously ambiguous  :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

The money will just go back into the NRL and will most likely get back to us at some point anyway.
It's like paying a tax bill with money from Centrelink lol
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm still stumped as to how you get a suspended salary cap fine? What is it pending on? How long does the suspension last?
Either you have a amount "classified incorrectly" which you have to pay up for or you don't.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

normally means its suspended for a period of year (s) and if you dont commit another offence in that time you dont have to pay, but if you do then you pay both the old fine and the new one
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
cougar
Squall
Squall

IMAGINE HOW POOR SOUTHS WOULD BE IF THEY STAYED UNDER THE CAP!!!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

cougar wrote: IMAGINE HOW POOR SOUTHS WOULD BE IF THEY STAYED UNDER THE CAP!!!
Six teams fined:

4 for "technical breaches" - incorrect labeling of third party sponsorships. (Includes Melbourne)

1 for failing to reveal player personnel file - Dogs. (I suspect that the dogs are in the right over this one, I doubt that the NRL request would actually stand up to a suit under current workplace and privacy laws).

1 for deliberately hiding player payments. 5 of the 6 teams deny it was them, the 6th club (Bunnies) issued a "no comment". Guess who was intentionally cheating?????

How sad is that?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote:
1 for failing to reveal player personnel file - Dogs. (I suspect that the dogs are in the right over this one, I doubt that the NRL request would actually stand up to a suit under current workplace and privacy laws).
Now it makes even less sense to have a suspended fine ... unless they are planning on reading SBW's file this year in order to get him over the Roosters too.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]