mark geyer scoop on "talkin Sport"

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

While I won't be surprised if this is indeed true, I'll be disappointed because Bellamy seemed adamant that he would not break his contract with Storm and therefore wouldn't be going anywhere until end 2009.
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

jellyhead wrote: While I won't be surprised if this is indeed true, I'll be disappointed because Bellamy seemed adamant that he would not break his contract with Storm and therefore wouldn't be going anywhere until end 2009.
If Bellamy isn't coaching the Storm next year I'd believe it would be more a decision from the Storm board.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

if this was true their is no way Mark Geyer would announce this and the media not be all over it, would be headline news and nowhere has it been mentioned..
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah,  i'd be surprised, especially after Bellamy has said time after time in interviews,

That he is staying,  to see out his contract, and he does seem a man of his word,

Would'nt do alot for his credibility if he went against that.

Like has been mentioned, unless the board have moved him on, unlikely as well,

Mark Geyer is a bit of a tool anyway, anyone ever heard his commentary on MMM, I would'nt take him too seriously.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 23,00.html

MELBOURNE'S Craig Bellamy is poised to become the second highest paid coach in rugby league.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Bellamy has been offered $2.2 million to remain at the Storm until 2012.

The offer, which includes the final year of his current deal that expires at the end of next season, would put him behind only Wayne Bennett on the coaching pay scale.

The $550,000-a-year deal would also reflect his current standing in the game.

Bennett, who will leave Brisbane for St George Illawarra at the end of the season, is believed to have landed a $750,000- a-year deal at the Dragons.

His departure from the Broncos has opened the door for the Queensland powerhouse to lure Bellamy away from the club he helped turn into a premiership force.

Bellamy, a two-time Dally M Coach Of The Year, claimed his first premiership as head coach last year and has helped turn a host of players from discards at other clubs into representative stars.

He will also coach NSW at State of Origin level for the first time this year.

Melbourne had previously offered Bellamy only a one-year extension.

But, with Brisbane officials having met Bellamy's manager John Fordham twice in the past fortnight, Storm were forced to increase their offer.

Bellamy has already vowed not to walk out on his current contract early - meaning Brisbane would need to install an interim coach for 2009, unless the Melbourne board decided to let him go early.

Brisbane managing director Bruno Cullen and club chairman Darryl Somerville met with Fordham at his Sydney offices on Monday.

Storm CEO Brian Waldron has a meeting scheduled with Fordham on Friday.

It is understood the Broncos would have to better Melbourne's offer to lure Bellamy from the club he helped build.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And this bit,

'Waldron said Bellamy was "very angry" over rumours circulating yesterday that had him all but signed, sealed and delivered to the Broncos. '

As we suspected , a crock of shit.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Does the coaches salary come under the salary cap? If not, heck, pay him whatever he wants to stay in Melbourne. He'd be worth every cent to the club I reckon. Players we already have will stay to play under him and players we don't have will want to play here under him.

Storm are only just starting to make a small dent in the sporting landscape down here. We need to remain successful to keep moving forward and having Craig down here would go a long way in continuing the momentum. As i said, pay him whatever it takes to keep him in Storm colours...
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Play the ball wrote: And this bit,

'Waldron said Bellamy was "very angry" over rumours circulating yesterday that had him all but signed, sealed and delivered to the Broncos. '

As we suspected , a crock of shit.
I'm not so sure it is shit.There were rumours Izzy had agreed to a4 year deal with Broncos & all parties denied this & a couple of weeks later guess what Izzy signed with the Broncos for 4 years.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If Bellyache re-signs with the Storm, will Mooks stick around? I hope we'll be able to keep them both.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
VIC
Squall
Squall

Bellamy will stay with the Storm - $2.2 milliion is an excellent deal! For the interest of the NRL developing further in Melbourne, NewsCorp will make sure he stays in Melbourne.....
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

VIC wrote: Bellamy will stay with the Storm - $2.2 milliion is an excellent deal! For the interest of the NRL developing further in Melbourne, NewsCorp will make sure he stays in Melbourne.....
NewsCorp will make sure Brisbane will remian profitable.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well it's already past 5pm 'tomorrow' and no word.
All over the TV and radio this morning were reports that Melbourne have offered Bellamy a $2.2mill contract extension for three years.
Good to see the club is playing hardball. it's not over until it's over.
2012 premiers. Legit.
VIC
Squall
Squall

Brisbane will remain profitable whether they come first or last! Let's be honest it's a one-team NRL town......they will always good crowds and support no matter what...
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I wouldn't mind betting that the 2.2mil offer is just a 'starting' figure.  Just a thought....I think Storm would be stupid to put all their cards on the table in one hit, if the Broncos offer more I'd like to think Storm would make a counter offer.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

MENACING*STORM wrote: If Bellyache re-signs with the Storm, will Mooks stick around? I hope we'll be able to keep them both.
That is the catch 22,

I doubt it, there will come a time when Mooks feels he is ready to run his own ship, he wont want to be the deputy for ever.