Sounds like Bellamy has already made up his mind....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bellamy warns players of offer
Storm coach Craig Bellamy informed his players at a recent training session there was no guarantee he would be at the helm beyond next season. "I'm here for the next two years," he told them. "But I'm like any of you: if a better offer comes along, I would have to take it." That better offer, of course, is at the Broncos.

There was a firm belief in league circles this week that Bellamy would head to Brisbane a year before his contract expires, especially with Storm centre Israel Folau signing a four-year deal with them last week. Sin Bin was told it was being kept on the quiet because Bellamy - a man of strict principle - did not want rival clubs to pick the eyes out of the team he built. Several players, including captain Cam Smith, five-eighth Greg Inglis and prop Brett White, have get-out clauses if Bellamy departs. Surprisingly, the Storm had considered releasing him a season early because they believed they had a ready-made replacement in assistant coach Stephen Kearney. Now we're told Storm chief executive Brian Waldron is edgy about letting Bellamy go early. He's not alone in reaching for the Bex powders. Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen has became uncharacteristically guarded about the Broncos coaching gig with those he is close to, and Bellamy has become jittery because he hasn't heard from Cullen for weeks. We're assured the plan remains for assistant coach Ivan Henjak to warm the head coach's seat at the Broncos next season before Bellamy takes charge in 2010. Then again, as Raiders coach Neil Henry has demonstrated, nothing's set in stone in this game any longer.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/sinbin/archives ... offer.html
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

routy21 wrote: Bellamy warns players of offer
Storm coach Craig Bellamy informed his players at a recent training session there was no guarantee he would be at the helm beyond next season. "I'm here for the next two years," he told them. "But I'm like any of you: if a better offer comes along, I would have to take it." That better offer, of course, is at the Broncos.
There was a firm belief in league circles this week that Bellamy would head to Brisbane a year before his contract expires, especially with Storm centre Israel Folau signing a four-year deal with them last week. Sin Bin was told it was being kept on the quiet because Bellamy - a man of strict principle - did not want rival clubs to pick the eyes out of the team he built. Several players, including captain Cam Smith, five-eighth Greg Inglis and prop Brett White, have get-out clauses if Bellamy departs. Surprisingly, the Storm had considered releasing him a season early because they believed they had a ready-made replacement in assistant coach Stephen Kearney. Now we're told Storm chief executive Brian Waldron is edgy about letting Bellamy go early. He's not alone in reaching for the Bex powders. Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen has became uncharacteristically guarded about the Broncos coaching gig with those he is close to, and Bellamy has become jittery because he hasn't heard from Cullen for weeks. We're assured the plan remains for assistant coach Ivan Henjak to warm the head coach's seat at the Broncos next season before Bellamy takes charge in 2010. Then again, as Raiders coach Neil Henry has demonstrated, nothing's set in stone in this game any longer.

Maybe ..... Maybe not.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Crooner
Squall
Squall

Firstly there is nothing saying that our offer is any better or any worse for Craig. So providing he see's out his current contract as he himself has stated he will then we cant all bitch about it. He is at least up front about where he stands on this issue.
We need to remember that we live in Melboure all our playing group and footbal department are from interstate. We will always be up against that and will never get another Boofa again. Players, Football managers, Coaches and the likes will come and go. This is a fact of life for every club
Lets make League viable in Melbourne.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

still nothing but inuendo... we'll deal with whatever happens when it happens
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

googly wrote: bellamy is a *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* traitor
yeah its a shame he left brisbane but what you gonna do
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know why you're even bothering to respond to that twit, nacho - that's what the IGNORE button is for.
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kearney seems pretty popular with the players.With Bellamy going why not release him from his 2009 obligations &  enable Kearney to set up the side for his reign.Broncos can't afford Smith so he'll stay,Titans wouldn't be able to fit Inglis in the cap in 2009 so hopefully he'll stay.So maybe things won't be as bad as what people think if Bellamy leaves.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

mb09 wrote: Kearney seems pretty popular with the players.With Bellamy going why not release him from his 2009 obligations &  enable Kearney to set up the side for his reign.Broncos can't afford Smith so he'll stay,Titans wouldn't be able to fit Inglis in the cap in 2009 so hopefully he'll stay.So maybe things won't be as bad as what people think if Bellamy leaves.
Nar stuff the Broncos..... Keep Belamy for another year......

Just to spite 'em :evil:
Last edited by Mike_The_Undertaker on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: I don't know why you're even bothering to respond to that twit, nacho - that's what the IGNORE button is for.
why do some people respond to me sometimes ? :lol:

i get enjoyment out of it
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
erpel9999
Squall
Squall

routy21 wrote: Bellamy warns players of offer

at least it's a credible source
how big is my weekend going to be? again....
[url=http://userbars.org][img]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4459/stormfanbf6.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://userbarmaker.com/][img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6094/751172770404iy8.png[/img][/url]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

will suck if he leaves but what can you do....i just hope it gets sorted out at the right time and until then he and everyone else at the club gives 110%.

Wouldnt mind seeing mooks as head coach tho  ;D
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

Are coaches included in the salary cap? couldnt we offer him infinite money?
VIC
Squall
Squall

Unless it's for family or personal reasons, there is no was Bellamy will leave the Storm for Brisbane.

Both the Storm and the Broncos are News Corp owned clubs. NewsCorp being co-owner of the NRL has a massive agenda for Melbourne. They know that the popularity of the code in Melbourne hinges on the Storm's on-field performance, and Bellamy is obviously a very big part of this "success".  So behind boardroom closed doors, NewsCorp will ensure that Bellamy stays in Melbourne.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

VIC wrote: Unless it's for family or personal reasons, there is no was Bellamy will leave the Storm for Brisbane.

Both the Storm and the Broncos are News Corp owned clubs. NewsCorp being co-owner of the NRL has a massive agenda for Melbourne. They know that the popularity of the code in Melbourne hinges on the Storm's on-field performance, and Bellamy is obviously a very big part of this "success".  So behind boardroom closed doors, NewsCorp will ensure that Bellamy stays in Melbourne.
A successful Broncos outfit will pull in more money for News Corp = Bellamy's gone.

Not my opinion just offering an alternative argument.
Don't rely on New Ltd's good will. There is none.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si