return of the king

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i was wondering what everyone thinks of matt king..imo ,i think he is an excellent player and should have a good future with the storm.
what do u think? :D
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

stormer2004 wrote:i was wondering what everyone thinks of matt king..imo ,i think he is an excellent player and should have a good future with the storm.
what do u think? :D
From what I have seen he is a fantastic young player with heaps of potential. He handled himself very well in Wollongong and Melbourne. He played well in Canberra but he seemed a tad overawed playing against the Bulldogs.

Given some more match experience I think he would make a fantastic winger. He is similar to Semi Tadulala in speed, agility and size but better in his defence. Just what we need on the wing.

I would put him in the starting line up on the wing if I was choosing the team.

Surandy

PS: He is also a great guy to talk to, as are most of the Storm players, even when you are stirring him about his 'fro, or lack thereof.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

"Sideshow Bob"
I didnt think King was as big as Semi, King looked a lot smaller in size.
Semi was a big bloke, about 95kg's.
He played great in those games that he played, scored a try or two,
I remember thinking he needs to bulk up a little, which might help his D.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Okay, I've watched a replay of the final against the Bulldogs, and I take back what I said about Matt King. He actually didn't look overawed at all. In fact he had a pretty good game, his defence was quite good.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I take back what I said about him playing great, he played better then
just great. He could be a dark horse for starting on a wing.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Surandy wrote:Okay, I've watched a replay of the final against the Bulldogs, and I take back what I said about Matt King. He actually didn't look overawed at all. In fact he had a pretty good game, his defence was quite good.
EEEEEEEWWWWWW!

How can you watch a replay of That match??????

Speak on that match He tried right till the end which is tha most important.

GO Storm !!!!! Image
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I don't think I've seen a photo of it yet - but he's done the opposite of bulking up, and cut the hair!

Maybe it was the boofy hairstyle that was making his body look small. Cut the hair and make the body look bigger!

I've been very impressed with his abilities and performances to date! Go the King (doesn't quite work that same as go the fro!).
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ok, Mike first. Umm, watching *THAT* match? Well, it has taken me until now to watch it again.

I actually wanted to refresh my memory of just how the boys played and who played well and who didn't, etc. And to be honest I wanted to see if I made it onto the TV. :wink: At the Canberra game the TV camera crew showed shots of the people immediately beside me, both sides at different times, and people in front of me. But nothing of me. Am I *that* ugly???? Please no-one answer that question, it was purely rhetorical.

Matt King played a very good match, only really one mistake, if you could call it that. He had the ball stolen from him in a one-on-one tackle right at the end of the game which led to a Bulldogs try. But to be fair on Matt I can't really call that a mistake.

From what I saw the whole squad played reasonably well, but quite a bit of bad luck, a couple of stupid mistakes from players that should play better, and quite a few from a nervous Billy Slater (I think I would rate that game as his worst), some dubious decisions by the refs, and a Bulldogs side that just didn't give up meant that the scoreline looked a lot worse than the Storm played.

Buzz, I haven't seen a photo of Matt King minus the fro but it was definitely gone when I saw him last, about 6 weeks ago. A few people didn't recognise him without the fro.

Surandy
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Kingy is predominantly a winger, so the sooner he gets more starting spots on the wing, I think you'll see better results. I'd also give him a bit of time to settle in and get a combination going with his centre partner and our five eighth.

He was a try scoring freak up here. Hopefully it won't take too long to replicate that in the NRL.
*Champagne football*
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dam! I cant call him sideshow bob any more without that fro.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

yeah king is awesome...and he actually jumps up for balls!
king played great all last year{well at least the games he played}and the quicker he gets a startin spot the better he will become

Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Perhaps with King being a winger, that could explain why Storm didn't do all they could to keep Marcus? Storm have a history of letting players go with a good year or two left in them in preference for longer term players! Pity they don't enforce the same on persistently injured players! ;)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote:Perhaps with King being a winger, that could explain why Storm didn't do all they could to keep Marcus? Storm have a history of letting players go with a good year or two left in them in preference for longer term players! Pity they don't enforce the same on persistently injured players! ;)
Hmm, what possible players could you be talking about Buzz? According to the Storm we currently have NO injured players at the moment.

8) :wink: 8)

Here's to keeping things that way.

Whilst King played as a centre in the Bulldogs final and played pretty well his normal and favoured position is the wing and I would definitely want to see him own a regular starting position given his performance in his few games with the Storm so far.

Surandy
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Actually i would like King to be on the Wing and slater in centre with him because i think they would make a brillant Wing Centre partnership!!!
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

umm.the storm do have some injuie concerns!our injury toll is far better then last year:slater has ostritis pubis and may need surgery to correct the prombem..and is un likely to play in the 7;s.
kearney,hoffman and orford are also troubled by groin injuries but once again they are not seroius injuries. :D