IZZY'S DECISION??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote:
Tempest wrote:
Insomniac wrote: Thought the same re: Newton...  :x
How long did he sign up for over there ... ?
I thought it was just for 2 years - I also recall him saying he'd like to come back and play for us if we can afford him in 2 years... does that ring a bell with anyone else?
Yes it does and with Izzy going don't be suprised if he is playing for us next year.  In relation to Izzy going, I am sad but I have faith in the staff and know that some of our young guns will be given a chance to step up same as Izzy was and we will have all but forgotten him next year like those two half backs, Um Brett what's his name and Matt, oh you know the little jockey bloke, his name eludes me now...... So look to the future of this great club and support any player wearing our colours because i believe that all players are professional and that they give their heart and soles to the colours that they are wearing on the day not in a years time......
I am back again.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

some might get a kick out of this but its just a joke relax.

sorry for the shit photoshop work thou

[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yes it does and with Izzy going don't be suprised if he is playing for us next year.  In relation to Izzy going, I am sad but I have faith in the staff and know that some of our young guns will be given a chance to step up same as Izzy was and we will have all but forgotten him next year
Forgotten who - ?

I'd love to have Newton back next year. And hey, if he re-signs with Storm he'd be closer to his family ........ >.>
Last edited by Tempest on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

/begin rant

nacho, saying it's 'just a joke' and then putting it out there reeks of 'I know it's stupid and in bad taste and some people won't like it but if I get in the apology first it'll all be good'   - you're making your excuse cos you know some people won't like it - can't have your cake and eat it too.

Frankly I think your little picture is a childish attempt at humour - not funny in the least, but then that's your choice. 
Another point is that whilst Storm supporters for the most part are not too happy with Izzy's decision and as many posts here have stated they are not going to start giving him shite for it - most of the Bai Standers are grown-up's who can deal with disappointment and do not need to resort to immature jokes.

/rant over  :P
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeah i said its just a joke so i wont have 10 people writing the same stuff you are,  life goes on i guess
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

nacho wrote: yeah i said its just a joke so i wont have 10 people writing the same stuff you are,  life goes on i guess
And that's the point - it's a cop out!  You need to grow up a tad young man.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

and whilst he 'knew some people wouldn't like it', he probably took the punt that some people would like it.  Not an issue at all IMO, but each to their own!  ;-)
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought it was pretty funny :D
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought it was pretty good. Get over it for goodness sake.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

tugga wrote: I thought it was pretty good. Get over it for goodness sake.
I didn't think it was too bad either and did not take offense but I'm sick to death of farkin kiddies trying to play grown-up!
Some people need to think before thay act and using the excuse 'it's only a joke' is a childish cop out!
The picture clearly is a religious reference and as has been said in other parts of this site - why bag Izzy while he's still a Storm player? 
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigger wrote:
I didn't think it was too bad either and did not take offense but I'm sick to death of farkin kiddies trying to play grown-up!
Some people need to think before thay act and using the excuse 'it's only a joke' is a childish cop out!
The picture clearly is a religious reference and as has been said in other parts of this site - why bag Izzy while he's still a Storm player? 
Fair enough. Maybe Storm and Tiges losing last weekend has made you a bit grumpy? I know it made me a little testy.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

tugga wrote:
Tigger wrote:
Fair enough. Maybe Storm and Tiges losing last weekend has made you a bit grumpy? I know it made me a little testy.
You're kidding yeah??  If you're like me and have been a Tiges supporter for soooo many years then losing is just another day at the farm  ;-)  Storm losing on the other hand is an unusual thing but I'll get over that too  :lol:

Anyone who know's me - know's that I'm never grumpy.....I'm a little ray of sunshine  :P  ;-)
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm 38 years old today Tigger and have been supporting Richmond for 32 of those years. Another loss? Meh. Used to it.
But it is actually one of the reasons why I have started following rugby league so passionately in the past two years.
Would prefer to go to a Storm game nowadays then an AFL game. I love the solidarity of walking into Olympic Park, standing on the north terrace, drinking a bloody heavy beer and being among 13,000 fans who are supporting the same team as me.
Anyway, I'm off topic.
PS: ironic, that this weekend we play our hated rivals in the Broncos and the Magpies? I'll be there for both games.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote: PS: ironic, that this weekend we play our hated rivals in the Broncos and the Magpies? I'll be there for both games.

I'm in th same boat. This weekend my teams play their hated rivals the Bronco's and the Tigers  ;-)
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Richmond play the Collywobbles this week???  Show's how much I take notice of our games these days  :lol:
Bad karma in our household then this week......girls are Tigers and boys are black & white muppets ;-)