IZZY'S DECISION??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
googly
Squall
Squall

Folau is a fake.

What a lima lima lima duck jerkoff.

Sack the bastard now!!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Brownzay wrote: afew positives from this situation (if you could call them that)
Broncos salary cap will be in a bit of trouble. Our salary cap will be slightly eased, we can concentrate on signing a COMMITTED player (dallas) and whoever else is out of contract at the end of year. Also Israel can concentrate on his footy and maybe put in a good game for the first time in awhile.

I doubt the Broncos paid top dollar for him :(
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

He's going, it's a fact but he's still a Storm player in 2008. I will be cheering him on. Sport is a business, that's just the way it is. Hopefully now that he's made this decision he can put it out of his mind and focus on the here and now.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm as pissed off as the next guy about him leaving, and will be reserved in my cheering on Friday for him I guess, but as for calling for him to be sacked now... who are people kidding?  This is the system the game works with, so as fans we have to learn to deal with it too I guess.
Also, why sack one of your most important players and give up on the current season?  In the back office they need to start planning for next year and beyond, but on the field, we still have a premiership to defend and try to win back, so of course you play your best players avail for the current match.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote: Also, why sack one of your most important players and give up on the current season?  In the back office they need to start planning for next year and beyond, but on the field, we still have a premiership to defend and try to win back, so of course you play your best players avail for the current match.
I'd be concerned that all this is going to mess with team cohesion. *Shrug* I hope I'm wrong.

It also occurred to me today that if we'd known this last year we might've been able to keep Newton. Que sera.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought the same re: Newton...  :x
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brisbane_storm wrote: He was always going to leave, just a matter of time really . . .
Yes it is a shame about BENNETT deserting to the Lizards isn't it  ;-) Wonder if the next coach will be a tea totaller or will they go back to the bar swill days of old,will go down REALLY well with "Young Mr Religion"  :twisted:

Was interesting to read about the "two year" deal,(so as not to snap the salary cap) ? Are we telling more porky pies Mr Cullen  :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sad that Israel has chosen to head North.
Sad that the training discipline he's received 'down here' will be wasted in Brisbane.
Sad that just as he is starting what should be a stellar career he will now be shafted & back stabbed by the likes of Hunt the %#@! and company.

I bear him no ill will & whilst he wears the lightning bolt he has my total support Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Insomniac wrote: Thought the same re: Newton...  :x
How long did he sign up for over there ... ?
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

Bit harsh Pal go take a cold shower and cool down
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm tipping somebody has some serious issues.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Brisbane_storm wrote:
Surandy wrote: He's going, it's a fact but he's still a Storm player in 2008. I will be cheering him on. Sport is a business, that's just the way it is. Hopefully now that he's made this decision he can put it out of his mind and focus on the here and now.
That's the smartest thing i've heard you say.
You should read more of what he says then ;-)
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

players come and go, its something weve got to learn to deal with, not wish death apon them
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tempest wrote:
Insomniac wrote: Thought the same re: Newton...  :x
How long did he sign up for over there ... ?
I thought it was just for 2 years - I also recall him saying he'd like to come back and play for us if we can afford him in 2 years... does that ring a bell with anyone else?