News on Hoffman?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Anyone heard his results from whatever type of scan he had today?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

watched NRL teams to see if they had anything to say about his injury but no news as of yet.

i dont no what rib cartlidge damage would feel like but cayless said "its not just a 1 week injury"
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: watched NRL teams to see if they had anything to say about his injury but no news as of yet.

i dont no what rib cartlidge damage would feel like but cayless said "its not just a 1 week injury"
Imagine having razor wire wrapped around your chest,or a meat skewer stuck between your ribs & having to take deep breathes.

It's VERY painful  :x
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bourbon_rat wrote:
nacho wrote: watched NRL teams to see if they had anything to say about his injury but no news as of yet.

Imagine having razor wire wrapped around your chest,or a meat skewer stuck between your ribs & having to take deep breathes.

god!, lucky hoffy is a tough nut
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

bourbon_rat wrote:

Ah, you've had one too then.  :(
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

All bets are Hoff

Dave Donaghy | March 19, 2008 12:00am

MELBOURNE Storm forward Ryan Hoffman could be a shock starter for the premiers this weekend after scans yesterday cleared him of serious injury.

It was initially feared Hoffman had suffered rib cartilage damage in Monday night's 32-18 win against New Zealand Warriors, potentially keeping him out for weeks, but scans showed only bruising to the area where his rib cage met his abdominals.

Hoffman was yesterday named in an unchanged squad to face Cronulla at Olympic Park on Sunday, but will still need to prove his fitness.

"It's really positive news which is good," the New South Wales and Australian forward said last night.

"Hopefully I'm on track for Sunday. Where (the injury) is, every single movement I did last night affected it, but I stayed up late last night icing it and doing all the right things and it has come good."

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy conceded Hoffman's selection for the Sharks' clash was optimistic.

"I hope he can play," Bellamy said. "He's only got bruising but it is a painful injury."

Hoffman left the field at Telstra Dome in the 17th minute after a crunching tackle from Warriors captain Steve Price.

But Price joined him in the casualty ward three minutes later with a high hamstring strain. He had scans yesterday, but is expected to receive the results later this week.

Asked if he could remember suffering the injury, Hoffman said: "Bloody oath I can.

"I took up a hit-up and was tackled by (Nathan) Fien and Steve Price came over the top. I had my ribs open and he didn't miss me."

Sam Tagataese is likely to come into the starting line-up should Hoffman not play.

Melbourne also has judiciary concerns with skipper Cameron Smith charged over a grapple tackle.

Storm officials will today meet leading Sydney barrister Geoff Bellew, SC, to see if they should contest the grade one contrary conduct charge.

Smith would escape a ban with an early guilty plea but, if he was to contest the charge and lose, he would miss one week.

Smith was the third player to be charged with a grapple tackle from Round 1.

Melbourne has until midday to decide whether to contest the charge.

Parramatta's Feleti Mateo and Wests Tigers' Todd Payten were also charged.

Mateo has entered an early guilty plea and is free to play against the Warriors on Sunday, but Payten will contest the charge.

Storm fullback Billy Slater yesterday said he had no concerns over a nasty hit from Epalahame Lauaki.

Slater was lying on the ground after a race for the ball in the second half when Lauaki crashed into him at full speed.

"I didn't think much of that," Slater said.

"I was on the ground and I hadn't been tackled. The whistle had been blown and I wasn't aware of that so he probably wasn't either. I was fair game."

Bellamy will be in Sydney today for the launch of the representative season. Bellamy has taken over as New South Wales coach from Graham Murray.

Meanwhile, Israel Folau remains unsigned for next season, despite Bellamy suggesting a decision was very close after the Warriors match.

Folau, 18, was back to his best at Telstra Dome after a quiet pre-season.

Slater said it was testament to just how good a player Folau is given the distractions surrounding him.

"He's maturing each week," he said. "He's going to be a better player this year than he was last year."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 23,00.html
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Folau, 18, was back to his best at Telstra Dome after a quiet pre-season.

Interesting article. I thought Folau was anything but impressive, apart the one piece of play that set up the Tagatese try.
2012 premiers. Legit.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yeah wasnt as involed as usual...but watching the game agian on Tv I didnt think they moved the ball to him much either..
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think everyone is just playing nice in regards to Folau in the hope that his mind isn't made up as yet... personally, I feel his one or two good runs only offset his defensive lapses that can and have led to tries.  He is clearly distracted no matter what anyone else says - he should just announce his intention and get on with his game. (probably wrong thread for Folau discussion though)

As for Hoffman, being cleared of serious injury is great news, whether he plays this week or not! :D