Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

There is no way there were this many people in attendance. I saw the Victory play Wellington at the Dome with 20k and the bottom level was packed, 2nd level 1/2-3/4 full and the dop deck was open with the wings reasonably populated. Tonight, level 1 was chockers but level 2 virtually empty on the medallion side, about 1/10th full behind the goals although it was packed on the footbridge side. Not to mention the fact that level 3 wasn't even open :o . If I could be bothered, I would post pics comparing the two but a quick visit to Getty Images will do the job. Although the result looks terrific for the Storm on paper, there were definately not 20k in the house!
Last edited by storm_man on Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Yes there was.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm_man wrote: There is no way there were this many people in attendance. I saw the Victory play Wellington at the Dome with 20k and the bottom level was packed, 2nd level 1/2-3/4 full and the dop deck was open with the wings reasonably populated. Tonight, level 1 was chockers but level 2 virtually empty on the medallion side, about 1/10th full behind the goals although it was packed on the footbridge side. Not to mention the fact that level 3 wasn't even open :o . If I could be bothered, I would post pics comparing the two but a quick visit to Getty Images will do the job. Although the result looks terrific for the Storm on paper, there were definately not 20k in the house!
"Yo mama so fat it took 5000 revolutions to make it through the Telstra Dome turnstyles"
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: Yes there was.
Thanks for that useful insight. I happen to attend Telstra Dome nearly every 2nd week due to my various sporting teams so I'm a decent judge. There was not 20k.
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

KimmorleyKiller wrote:
storm_man wrote: There is no way there were this many people in attendance. I saw the Victory play Wellington at the Dome with 20k and the bottom level was packed, 2nd level 1/2-3/4 full and the dop deck was open with the wings reasonably populated. Tonight, level 1 was chockers but level 2 virtually empty on the medallion side, about 1/10th full behind the goals although it was packed on the footbridge side. Not to mention the fact that level 3 wasn't even open :o . If I could be bothered, I would post pics comparing the two but a quick visit to Getty Images will do the job. Although the result looks terrific for the Storm on paper, there were definately not 20k in the house!
"Yo mama so fat it took 5000 revolutions to make it through the Telstra Dome turnstyles"
wtf is this?? Not sure why I'm wasting my energy responding...  :?
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I attend Telstra Dome all the time too for my AFL team and I reckon they're right with the 20,000 crowd.  Who am I to argue anyway, it's an official figure (who knows if they include staff and people in the boxes up on level 2)
VIC
Squall
Squall

I too go to the Teltra Dome every week, and I reckon there was ACTUALLY more than 20,000 people!!!

And besides WHY would they want to inflate their crowd figures???????????? To pay more tax on revenue and more royalties to the NRL???????????????? Work it out dude!!!!!
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Definitely 20,000 there
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

KimmorleyKiller wrote:

KK, Uncalled for mate. Keep the personal attack aimed at Lotti or Brisbane Storm please.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Definitely 20k there. I attend AFL games and Melb Victory games and in my opinion the crowd was spot on.
I also went to the Wellington game that you refer to, but the crowd was more dispersed then than it was last night. Level 3 was completely closed last night. Level 1 was pretty chockers if you ask me.
Also WTF was going with those damn fire machines shooting fire up into the air!!!!!!!!!!! It was damn hot enough without having that. Poor Vanessa having to cop that.
2012 premiers. Legit.
erpel9999
Squall
Squall

Now i'm pissed off

quote page 88 herald sun 18/3/08 - no link

"But the figure finally gave an answer to a question as old as Storm itself.

Given their moment in the sun, could the men in in purple generate a crowd the nation's best league team deserves?

Even with the planets aligning - an AFL-free weekend, a brilliant night with an open roof and the premiership trophy doing a pre-match lap of honour - the short answer, finally, is no"

FFS - it was a MONDAY night which sucks for attendances - and always will.
It was not a brilliant night, it was 35degrees at kick off, thats just f*---- hot.
It was our 3rd best home and away attendance EVER

It is throwaway comments like this that are read by non league fans, that will stick in their minds if they are thinking of attending a game.
"should i go? no i wont bother because they cant pull a crowd"

thanks muppet

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
how big is my weekend going to be? again....
[url=http://userbars.org][img]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4459/stormfanbf6.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://userbarmaker.com/][img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6094/751172770404iy8.png[/img][/url]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was pissed with that article too.  Clown
As for the crowd figures - I was very surprised when we arrived, as I said in the other thread - there was no reserved area seating avail - sold out!  Not sure what that area holds numbers wise, but throw that with the GA area and of course the premium and corporate seats and was a good effort!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
VIC
Squall
Squall

Don't worry about what that cyncical lima lima lima duck wrote. He's just a narrow-minded arsehole - that has no idea of the FACTS!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we can't continue to be compared with AFL crowds - not going to happen!  Compare apples with apples, being other NRL crowds and we're ok! - still a lot of room to improve, but ok
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
VIC
Squall
Squall

Of course we can't be compared to AFL crowds!!! Just like you can't compare tennis crowds to neither AFL nor the NRL!

The game of rugby league is played on a rectangular field and so stadiums can only accomodate so many people. And further rugby league is actually better viewed on television. Hence, the reason why the NRL gets superior TV ratings to the AFL, AND why rugby league was the subject to the Super League debacle 10+ years ago. The war was all over TV rights.

In AFL, because the field is oval-shaped and because of the nature of the game, it is to be  only expected to attract greater numbers.....that's the nature of the beast!