Storm vs Warriors March 17th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Teams have been announced, interestingly Sika Manu will start on the bench and Kaufusi and Crocker have missed out.

MELBOURNE STORM v WARRIORS at Olympic Park, 7pm
STORM: Billy Slater, Steve Turner, Will Chambers, Israel Folau, Anthony Quinn, Russ Aitken, Cooper Cronk, Jeff Lima, Cameron Smith (capt), Brett White, Jeremy Smith, Ryan Hoffman, Dallas Johnson. Interchange: Matt Geyer, Adam Blair, Sika Manu, Sam Tagataese.

WARRIORS: Aidan Kirk, Patrick Ah Van, Brent Tate, Jerome Ropati, Manu Vatuvei, Michael Witt, Grant Rovelli, Sam Rapira, Nathan Fien, Steve Price (capt), Simon Mannering, Logan Swann, Micheal Luck. Interchange: Lance Hohaia, Evarn Tuimavave, Epalahame Lauaki, Ruben Wiki.

Referee: Ben Cummins
No mention of which blind mice will be assisting Ben.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

read in an article today that lima will lead the forwards with kaufusi still recovering from his knee and he will start on the bench :S

warriors are going to be missing one of their most valuble players but will still be a tough challenge with players like; price, tate, wiki, vatuvei and good youngster Lauaki
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm not surprised Crocker's not there.  I didn't think he was expected back until Round 4/5 anyway.  I am surprised about Kaufusi being left out though.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeah, Crock was never going to play.  Thought Fus would be on the bench, but I guess Blair and Manu have done enough to keep him out in the pre-season!
Bring it on
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

not surprised fusi is resting, the physical size of the kiwi's is going to stress his leg more than a lot of other sides and i think  he may get played week on / off for a few games
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote: Referee: Ben Cummins
No mention of which blind mice will be assisting Ben.
Match officials: Referee – Ben Cummins; Sideline Officials – Steve Carrall & Rod Lawrence; Video ref – Chris Ward.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Surprised that we are overwhelming favorites. ???????

This one seems like a danger game to me.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

The margins are quite surprisingly very strong in our favour, taking a line bet on the Warriors looks like a very good bet.

On the Crock, I was a bit surprised as I hadn't kept up to date on his recovery. Good to see Blair back in the side, I hope he can live up to the promise he showed in 2006.

It'll be interesting to see how Aitken goes in the number 6, I thought we played best with him on the field during the WCC.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This will be closer than most people think as we are going to miss the go forward with a few out, that being said the warriors have a few out also.  Its one of the few teams Izzy cant really out muscle in the air , perhaps it will come dow to speed and endurance, especialy as the days going to be mid to high 30's on the long range forecast, tire the old kiwi's out in the form of Price and Wiki - the interchange reduction will hurt them. Interesting to see Bellyaches interview on fox tonight, he correctly pointed out our average age is still something like 23 still one of the youngest sides in the comp and if you take Boofa out that drops even more...good signs for long term stability long as we can hang on to them
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The magic phrase "long as we can hang on to them"

For all the talk 'North of the border" about them ALL having good junior bases & Melbourne,(Victoria) not having one,why is it that Storm trained juniors are offered silly money by those same clubs  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm_rhinos wrote: Its one of the few teams Izzy cant really out muscle in the air
There isn't a team on earth Issy can't out muscle, we saw that when the Kiwis took on Melbourne in the post-season test last year ;)

All we need to do is kick it to Vatuvai and we'll win the game.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Anyone know if they plan on having the roof open or closed at Docklands Stadium tomorrow?
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i hope its open, gonna  be a hot one tomorow aswel!

chances are that it wil be open as it was open all night for the victory game on wednesday
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i'm assuming open due to the fireworks and things they are talking about pre-match
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Previous times we have played have been under the NRL rules of a closed roof. Not sure if that policy exists. Guess we'll find out in 17 hours time!