Away game v roosters March 29

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormfan69
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi guys just making plans to travel to Sydney for our first awy game of the season against the Roosters on March 29. I was wondering if you guys knew of anyone who I could contact about getting seats at the game with a group of our supporters. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
GO STORMERS 2008
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We will be there ie Rose and I ( Stormboy has V Festival close by with Smashing Pumpkins etc)

I imagine there will be quite a few travelling up from Melbourne, Aussie Stadium aka SFS does not have a bad seat, we usually get GA, but will know closer to the game!

I help organise the Sydney Stormtroopers, so keep an eye on "the Bai Stand" here and I will keep you informed. :D

Cheers
Bunnies :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
stormfan69
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

ty 4 that
VIC
Squall
Squall

Yes - would be good for Storm supporters to sit together. Being a Melbournian living in Sydney gets quite lonely sitting alone at away games.......
Danica Jane
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

bunnies wrote: We will be there ie Rose and I ( Stormboy has V Festival close by with Smashing Pumpkins etc)

I imagine there will be quite a few travelling up from Melbourne, Aussie Stadium aka SFS does not have a bad seat, we usually get GA, but will know closer to the game!

I help organise the Sydney Stormtroopers, so keep an eye on "the Bai Stand" here and I will keep you informed. :D

Cheers
Bunnies :D :D :D
I'll be there too!
You've got to quit your little charade and JOIN THE FREAK PARADE!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm also heading up for the Roosters game. And Also the Titans game
Went to Suncorp and Dairy Farmers last year. Was nice to see the Queenslanders so quiet for a change  :D
2012 premiers. Legit.
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

there is 4 of us going up to the roosters game and at least 2 going to the titans game
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm flying up for this as well.  Dirt cheap flights on Virgin Blue heading up on the Saturday lunchtime (arriving 1:35pm) and returning just in time for work on the Monday morning:-)

My mother, who has never been to a footy game in her life, will be driving us in, and has showed an interest in coming along too.  It helps that she has a disability sticker for free parking :-)

Ticketek told me there is no away supporters bay but that GA should be fine and having read the previous posts here, it sounds like she gave good advice.  The tickets said to enter by Gate C.  Is there a bay near Gate C where any other storm fans plan to congregate?  She can't walk very far.  Bay 16 perhaps?

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/images ... TERS08.gif
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I just got a reply from a receptionist at the SCG trust, which also manages the SFS.  They said the GA areas are entirely first come best dressed.  There is no away supporters bay.  Away supporters usually end up scattered around Bays 33 and 37 but there's no rule to that effect.

I'm sticking to my original plan to be very early to the game.  Travelling with mobility impaired people at the last minute isn't fun.  Personally I think bays 33 and 37, and indeed anything on the eastern side of the field, will be a bit uncomfortable during the afternoon, and possibly for the first half of the game as well, with the sun in your eyes.  I'll aim to sit in Bay 16, near the disabled parking.  The view from there is pretty much the same as 33/37, minus the afternoon sun.

Does anyone want me to try and print up some "Away Supporters GA this row" place cards and blu-tac them to the first seat in a couple of unoccupied rows when I arrive, and then head back to Gate C (GA Entrance) to try to greet anyone in storm colours, and suggest that bay?  Or would that honk off security?

Also, does anyone know if there is a curtain raiser that afternoon?  Under 20s?
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Where have you been informed the disabled parking is? My memory tells me there is isn't any close by, and the parking next to the SFS is reserved for Gold Members only, so you will not be allowed access to any of that parking.

The closest parking is over the road in the paddock at $15 plus depending on how many people you have in the car and the multi story carpark at Fox Studios, which is a good 10 minute walk away from SFS for able bodied persons! There is zero parking in the surrounding streets.

We usually sit in Bays 10 up, or the southern concourse, which is all general admission. As I have stated before, there are no bad seats there, plus remember if you purchase your tix on the day at the venue and are a Storm member( show your membership card) you receive a 40% discount on the price of GA tix.

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Sydney Stormtroopers :D :D :D
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

http://www.scgt.nsw.gov.au/Transport.html

Disabled parking sections are available int he Moore Park Car park, Fox Studios Car Park and the Gold Members Car Park.
Not very clear, is it?  They can't even spell the words in or the.
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

MRPC,

It has been a long day, but as I live in Sydney and have been to SFS many times I believe I have a very good idea of the parking available! With spelling mistakes, my info is still very clear!

Bunnies
Sydney Stormtroopers :D
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The text (and typo) that I quoted were from that website, not from yourself.
bunnies wrote: Where have you been informed the disabled parking is?
Last edited by mrpc on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StormVicky
Squall
Squall

See you there Heather, Bec and I will definately be there.  Can't wait.  Go Stoooooooorm.