Izzy a Rooster?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As per todays Sydney Sun-Herald 03/02/08 - This is the 2nd week running on this topic in the "Last Word" Section of the paper - no link available - or at least cant find.

Here is at appears in the paper:

"The player-manager rumour mill suggests that Israel Folau will sign with the Roosters for 2009.  The Bulldogs and Broncos will have a serious crack at signing the Storm sensation, but there is plenty of appeal in heading to Bondi Junction.  His brothers, Eni and Tevita, are already there and the Kangaroos back has a strong relationship with Roosters recruitment boss Peter O'Sullivan, who made the move north from Melbourne.  "We've put out some feelers but you think he'd be out of our price range," O'Sullivan said.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think he'll be the sort of bloke to show loyalty and stay with the club that gave him a chance!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote: I think he'll be the sort of bloke to show loyalty and stay with the club that gave him a chance!
for some reason i think he will do the opposite.  ??? hope some of the senior players give him some advice about this situation
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well if its in the sun it must be true.......

The fast Peter O sullivan said they probably cant afford him gives you a pretty good idea that he is more likely to stay  especially after he has said he likes Melbourne and and not said anything about wanting to move on, brothers or not.

Then again given Tomane has been promoted to the full time squad appears we have plenty of talent to come through
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sydney Sun-Herald - manager rumour mill - Peter O'Sullivan

The three,(3) key parts of the title post.Let me translate for you.

We should be able to spin this for a couple of days - Think I'll stir the pot & see what sort of sink rises - This will rattle a few cages in Melbourne

Relocating Melbourne is no longer a viable topic,so relocating key players IS  #-o
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

hopfully izzy stays. But if he wants to chase the really big bucks, then so be it, he will end up like the majority of other players who have left the storm for the big bucks...the shit hole. If its for personal reasons like family etc, then i could understand....but whatever, we got plenty of juniors ready to have a crack.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've got a bad feeling about this. Something deep in my bones says he won't be with us for much longer.
2012 premiers. Legit.
chrismeister
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

he will leave - they always do. I hope I'm wrong but we've seen it happen too many times before
lotti

Izzy won't leave, I think he's too attached to the Storm.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think Izzy has any idea what he's going to do.

I personally think next season will see Folau establish himself as the most destructive player Rugby League has ever seen. Now, i don't know the in's and end's of Melbourne's salary cap but i'd imagine we'd be hard-pressed to offer a contract large enough for a player of his calibre, whilst trying to resign a coach & maintain current rosters.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if it comes to izzy and dallas, i say keep dallas
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Monsoon
Monsoon

dalls already affirmed his intention to remain at the storm, and i believe issy will stay at the club, he wont sell out, he'll stay true much like his mates inu and hayne did, money isnt everything, especially to some boys who grew up with nothing. he loves playing for the storm, anyone can see that
lotti

I'll see if I can get wheather or not he's thinking of joining his brothers at the Roosters either tomorrow or Friday if I go to training which depends on if I can find Rugby Fever to get the membership hats.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do you have too?

Leave the kid alone.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

chrismeister wrote: he will leave - they always do.....we've seen it happen too many times before
Yeah i can remember atleast 5 other times the storm have had young kiwi wingers, who have had a superb first year, and then go on to sign with the roosters. ALLLLWAYS happens.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]