Izzy a Rooster?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Issy is Australian!!

He eats Kiwi's for breakfast.

Never works out when players leave, they will get injured or forget how to play. Or both.

Wish we still had Reyno though :(
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

looks like a duck, is a duck. or something like that.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote:
chrismeister wrote: he will leave - they always do.....we've seen it happen too many times before
Yeah i can remember atleast 5 other times the storm have had young kiwi wingers, who have had a superb first year, and then go on to sign with the roosters. ALLLLWAYS happens.
if your implying izzy a kiwi, u are mistaken he is tongan
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

KimmorleyKiller wrote: Never works out when players leave, they will get injured or forget how to play. Or both.
Am I correct in saying Paul Marquet was the only one so far to dodge the former stormer curse  ???
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
lotti

ok I was about half an hour late to see them train (went to the Aquarium and Bourke Street Mall) but I did catch up with Izzy outside the sheds(that boy looks mighty fine in a towel, better than Kearney but I don't see them that way anymore), he wants to stay at the Storm, his teammates want him to stay well the ones I talked to do and I talked to a few like Hoff, Mick well not about Izzy, Cam, Billy, Zappa, Boofa.  The thing I talked to Mick about was the trial game, I had asked if he was gonna play in it and he said he's looking to be back around round 3 or 4.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote:
Super Cronk wrote:
chrismeister wrote: he will leave - they always do.....we've seen it happen too many times before
Yeah i can remember atleast 5 other times the storm have had young kiwi wingers, who have had a superb first year, and then go on to sign with the roosters. ALLLLWAYS happens.
if your implying izzy a kiwi, u are mistaken he is tongan
oh is that correct is it, sir? well thank you for pointing out my mistake....i shall be very careful in the past about implying where people are from.

KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KimmorleyKiller wrote: Do you have too?

Leave the kid alone.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Izzy could probably earn 5 times what he would be at the Storm he he swaped clubs.

With the current player roster we've got were eventually going to lose some top notch players, we simply can't afford them all.

In saying that though I hope he does stay.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Earl wrote: Izzy could probably earn 5 times what he would be at the Storm he he swaped clubs.

With the current player roster we've got were eventually going to lose some top notch players, we simply can't afford them all.

In saying that though I hope he does stay.
Going by todays Sydney paper $450,000
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very encouraging signs if this article in todays Herald Sun is anything to go by. Instead of the usual bullshit Sydney based rumors and speculation this is straight from the horses mouth so hopefully they can work out a deal very soon:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 23,00.html

Folau vows to stick with Craig Bellamy's Storm

MELBOURNE teen sensation Israel Folau has pledged his allegiance to the Storm, saying he has no plans to quit the club despite keen interest from NRL rivals.

Australia's youngest international said he wanted to continue his development under NSW Origin coach Craig Bellamy.

Off-contract at season's end, Folau is set to be bombarded with offers - with Gold Coast and Brisbane leading the way - after a magnificent 2007 that included a premiership, Australian selection and 21 NRL tries - a record for a debut season.

Folau, 18, could command about $350,000 a season.

"I'd like to stay - 100 per cent," Folau said. "There's a really good culture here. With the players and coaches here at Melbourne, why would I want to play anywhere else?

"It would be very tough to leave Melbourne. I've learnt most of my football under Craig and from the great players here.

"But at this stage of my career, I've got a lot of learning to do. There's nowhere I'd rather do that than here under Craig."

In a further bonus for the Storm, the deeply religious Folau revealed he was more likely to serve two years as a Mormon missionary after his NRL career, rather than interrupt his playing days to do so.

Folau dismissed thoughts of defecting to rugby union this season, although he said playing the 15-a-side game remained a possibility.

"There may come a time when rugby is appealing to me, but right now all I'm doing is concentrating on playing league for the Storm," he said.

Folau has packed on 10kg and grown 4cm in the past 11 months. Despite his growing strength, he is staying level-headed and says he doesn't expect to play State of Origin this season.

"I'd love to play Origin some time in the future, but it's not my goal this year," he said.

Folau's agent, Isaac Moses, has held informal talks with the Storm and says his client is happy in Melbourne.

"If everything across the board is satisfactory, including the terms of a new deal, I'm pretty sure Izzy will stay," he said. "He's a big fan of Craig and likes the Melbourne guys, so we'll step up talks in the next few weeks."
lotti

I believe I posted something simular on Thursday and I spoke to Izzy just before he went to a team function.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KimmorleyKiller wrote:
KimmorleyKiller wrote: Do you have too?

Leave the kid alone.
true we should go easy on him but this is what happens when you are the hottest young talent in the league
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
lotti

I think the boys would love for the fans to let Izzy know we WANT him they encouraged me on Thursday to tell him that and I did I told him I didn't want him to go to the Roosters.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

the fans show izzy plenty of love. if he doesnt know how much we want him to stay and how much we love him then he is a silly billy.

perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

lotti wrote: Izzy won't leave, I think he's too attached to the Storm.
but its in the media
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg