Fax vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
HaliStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

It's a dream come true for a fax fan who loves the mighty Storm. Please Storm boys go easy on Fax.  :D :D :D :D :D

By James Roberts
HALIFAX will host Australian champions Melbourne Storm in a pre World Club Challenge blockbuster at the Shay on Friday, February 22.

The match will serve as a warm up for the NRL title holders clash with Leeds Rhinos at Elland Road on Friday, February 29.

Courier Sport understands that Fax officials have been in discussions with both Melbourne and the Rugby Football League for several months about staging arguably the club's most prestigious fixture since they entertained the 1994 Kangaroos at Thrum Hall.

Chairman Michael Steele finally got the call he had been waiting for early on Wednesday morning, confirming Fax had seen off competition from Salford and an unnamed National League Two side - believed to be Doncaster - to secure the fixture.

"As a club, we are delighted to have secured this game," said a delighted Steele.

"We are also very grateful to the RFL for their help over the last few weeks.

"It's promi
ses to be a hugely exciting occasion and I am sure the people of Halifax will have an absolute rugby league ball that night."

Melbourne's playing roster reads like a who's who of the NRL's star names, with captain Cameron Smith, the Queensland and Australia hooker, the reigning holder of the Golden Boot as the best player in the world.

They also boast teenage centre sensation Israel Folau, widely regarded as the hottest young talent in Australia, who scored two tries on his Kangaroo debut against New Zealand in the autumn and a host of State of Origin stars, including Queensland's brilliant full back Billy Slater.

Even without another Australian representative, injured stand off Greg Inglis, Fax are likely to have their hands full.

Fax's Northern Rail Cup clash with Keighley, originally scheduled for Sunday, February 24, is now likely to be played on Tuesday, February 26.

The full article contains 308 words and appears in Evening Courier newspaper.
Last Updated: 12 December 2007 9:33 AM
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This could get ugly lol...if the storm can get used to the 15 degree incline in the pitch from end to end and the soggy bits when the rain pools they should put a fair few point on in second gear, actually i have had been to a few good games at Thrum hall and i would expect a massive crowd by fax standards
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

When was the last time you went to watch Fax they have been at the Shay for 10 years Thrum Hall is now Asda shopping centre for the local asylum seekers and many gainers.This is great news for Fax this is a game anybody would want with it been in the pre season stage ableit the Arriva cup comp they will be playing in.This game will be one of the biggest down the shay for many years
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Disappointed that it couldn't have been Robins, but obviously we were never going to be allowed to play another SL side.
Fax are a good side with plenty of history.  :D
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

last time i saw Fax play at home was probably around 1994-5 - once they got relegated noone could be stuffed going to watch them play hunslet and featherstone lol
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
HaliStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

There are many reasons why attendances have dwindled over the past 10-15 years. Things started to go down hill a year or so before we left Thrum Hall.

1998 was our final year of "glory" when we finished 3rd in the Super League.

Since then we've been broke on a couple of occassions, played in a half completed stadium whilst the local council twiddled their thumbs. We've seen lots of average coaches and some less than average players playing at the Shay (and that doesn't even include the Soccer team).

Things are on the up though. We are improving on the playing field and have a good back room setup. The stadium should be completed in the next year (fingers crossed) and the match against the Storm will hopefully see some of the old fans return.

I would like to say a BIG THANKS to all involved at the Storm who've given this great opportunity to Fax. It means a lot to the town.

Cheers
mrshoff
Squall
Squall

why couldnt they play at the bulls ground...fax is so dissapointing...the venue isnt all up to scratch although it was 5 years ago i was actually there! has it been redone up at all? does anyone know!!

halifax used to be my home town.... local little pom! :lol:
[img]http://i3.tinypic.com/66ow5z8.jpg[/img]

ITS MRS HOFF! NOT MR SHOFF...
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

Get a grip Mr Shoff why would they play at the Odsal tip its where half of the old Fax supporters went when they was looking for glory instead of sticking with the FAX .Anyway tickets for game at THE SHAY are on sale today

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/local/M ... 3599017.jp
mrshoff
Squall
Squall

what did u call me....  ??? :'( :x

HaliStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Have to agree with ChittyChargo Mrs Hoff.

The Shay will be a nice little ground once completed (hopefully next year). Odsal will always be a dump.

I presume Mrs Hoff you weren't a Fax fan when you lived in Halifax otherwise you would have realised the pain and anguish that a suggestion like that would cause us.

It's like suggesting Storm should move to Brisbane to play there games. Horific, I know.

Anyway Mrs Hoff - glad to here other Halifax folk are fans of the Storm. Maybe we should start up our own chapter of the Storm supporters club!

Merry Xmas to all.

Here's to losing to fax (by a narrow margin). Then bouncing back by giving those Whinos a right royal stuffing :) - then doing the double.

We can dream.....
mrshoff
Squall
Squall

yeah when u put it that way.... it makes sense..... was a halifax supporter when i was like 10yrs old...

moved on with the times eventually had my dad (my role model) in the sporting years introduced me to storm and yeah....took it on straight ahead...
:D awesome team! awesome supporters! Lovely Country! What is there not to like

nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mrshoff wrote: What is there not to like
bronco/manly supporters
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

Is it going for a sell out i know 6000 is not a big crowd but for Halifax this will be fantastic lets hope the management use the money that is made and put it to good source and not back pockets like previous management

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/local/T ... 3624964.jp