Storm 2008

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
ramsayjstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

How will the stormers go at defending their title next year? Will we miss MAtty King? Who else is not playing? 
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we will of course miss matty king but we have will chambers who we can mould in to the next superstar.
i think the club have to look at signing up a first grade forward preferably front row because with cross leaving and most likely crossman too we only have lima, kaufusi, white, blair and sika manu (but sika can play centers) that have played a first grade game.
the club should also think about life after geyer, he can play anywhere from fullback to lock (besides prop and 2nd row lol ) when he goes who do we have that has that match experience?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote:when he goes who do we have that has that match experience?
When '08 rolls around, the likes of Cam Smith, Slater, DJ & Hoffy, even though they are still incredibly young, would have 3-4 years match experience under their belt.

In regards to talent coming through, we have the likes of Tagataese, Will Chambers, Pale Ale, Liam Foran & Scott Anderson coming through (also we have Sam Joe but not sure when he will be ready)
The Purple Reign to continue in 2008

Footnote: Whoever made that "Purple Reign" banner, congratulations on a high quality banner!  Looked brilliant in the Prelim and Grand Finals
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
chrismeister
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The side will still be good next year with a line up of Billy, Zappa, Issy, Chambers/Geyer, Qunny, GI, Coop, Kaufusi, Cam Smith, Whitey, Newton (assuming he stays and Jermey Smith goes), Hoffy, DJ as our likely starting line up with Lima, Geyer/Chambers, Crock and Blair on the bench. On top of that we would have Manu, Anderson, Tagatese, Pale Ale and Aitken (if those are all staying) as back up. We will be a little bit more caught out by injuries and origin unavailabilty than this year but overall a pretty good squad.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

chrismeister wrote: We will be a little bit more caught out by injuries and origin unavailabilty than this year but overall a pretty good squad.

Completely agree with this. I wouldn't expect the same sort of win/loss ratio that we had this season. We will finish top four, but if we are to go back-to-back we will have to do it the hard way.
2012 premiers. Legit.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:
chrismeister wrote: We will be a little bit more caught out by injuries and origin unavailabilty than this year but overall a pretty good squad.

Completely agree with this. I wouldn't expect the same sort of win/loss ratio that we had this season. We will finish top four, but if we are to go back-to-back we will have to do it the hard way.
i dont think we will go thru the same injury toll as we did this year

we will be successfull for many years to come, victorian juniors that are comming through the ranks will be noticed by our recruitment officers and just like many qld youngsters dont want to leave there home state it will be the same with our young breed of victorian born players
Last edited by nacho on Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
ramsayjstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Speaking of banners at the grand final - Who made the 'We're gonna party likes its 1999' - That was great - And we partyiung even harder now!!!!!!!!

Go stormers!!!
googly
Squall
Squall

ramsayjstorm wrote: Speaking of banners at the grand final - Who made the 'We're gonna party likes its 1999' - That was great - And we partyiung even harder now!!!!!!!!

Go stormers!!!
Agree, that banner gave me a real thrill. Good work guys!!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

is joel thompson still with us?

he had big wraps on him a few years ago, o'sullivan said he was still young so wasnt ready for first grade yet...anything changed with that? hows he been in lower grades?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

googly wrote:
ramsayjstorm wrote: Speaking of banners at the grand final - Who made the 'We're gonna party likes its 1999' - That was great - And we partyiung even harder now!!!!!!!!

Go stormers!!!
Agree, that banner gave me a real thrill. Good work guys!!
We had a good "Lets Party Like its 1999" at last years Grand Final which Stormfront got printed but i don't believe it make the trek up north this year...  They bloody stole our idea...