Important q regarding post match function

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
king_couttsy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

We left as soon as they presented the trophy and rings to the players, before the players did their victory lap, as we wanted to ensure we got into the after match. A very much different feeling to last year, though very disappointing to see that the players were only there for about 20 minutes, before they had to bail to go to another function with corporates. Managed to get a couple of autographs on my new jersey, but disappointed that the players couldn't stick around - I wanted to get everyone to sign it, so I could frame it!

All in all, a fantastic evening. Nice to catch up with some of the members who stand around us at the Yarra End too, just sharing the love! We're going to put some photos and videos up shortly, so will ensure I post them here, or at least provide some links!
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand...
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

First time poster.
I got into the after-match easily. Stayed at the ground for the whole shebang and then showed my membership card at the door and went straight in.
I have two gripes with the after-match function though. The room was too small. Plenty of people (obviously) missed out.
Two people behind me who didn't have memberships went straight in. The bouncer asked them for it but then let them through anyway. Die hards missed out because of this sort of stuff.
2012 premiers. Legit.
mrshoff

tugga...some manly supporters managed to get into the event....im not sure how but it seems the bouncer was letting anyone he thought was worth letting in... :x :x aswell i saw numerous people entering without passes bands etc....they should of had a bigger room and i think the storm corportes and people who organised the who shebang should of realised that no matter what alot of storm supporters will of been there whether we win or not....
its a shame really....i got in but because i was so small i cud hardly see anything
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was pretty much up the front and got to touch the premiership trophy but was dirty that real fans missed out and reading some posts on here it makes me even more angry.
I was just happy to get in, but in hindsight I should have said something to the bandwagoners behind me.
2012 premiers. Legit.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Footage I saw, the venue looked like it was in a shoebox.
Maybe next time, they should book another venue.  Plenty of venues around, like the Acer Arena is within walking distance.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yes, Stormboy, Rabble 1 and I eventually got in and it is true that persons who travelled on the buses were given armbands to allow entry! :o

The majority of the banner crew who week in week out meet to make the Banner that the boys run through did not gain entry as they were told the venue was filled to capacity, they were so upset they promptly left! They had to strip the banner down after the game, so were not in the position of fleeing the stadium during  the presentation and victory lap to gain entry to the After Party!

I was determined to get in, and became very vocal ( not abusive) about non members gaining entry as it was very clearly stated that it was a members only function and that proof of membership had to be shown!

After about 15 minutes of persistence, a decision was made by security to allow about 50 more people in, this time only those with membership cards gained entry!

I agree with you Tigger, the majority of people who were in the venue I have never ever seen either here in Sydney at a game or when we travel to Melbourne! ??? ???

We pushed our way through to the side of the stage where the boys walk up and Waldron made space for us to hold our banner up!

Dallas came me a hug that I thought was going to break my ribs, He was just soooo happy!

They were there for about 30 minutes before leaving for the next party, but they were pumped and really thanked everyone in the best way possible under the circumstances of it being time controlled.

I caught up with Danny Williams, "Apples", Molly and Stormboy spoke to "T". There were heaps more ex players and officials there but it was near impossible to see them all!

At least the verandah offered respite with the cool breeze and away fro the stifling conditions inside.

Next year, I reckon Acer Stadium should be the venue, it holds 12,000 and then everyone, most importantly the supporters who week in week out support  the boys will be able to soak up the atmosphere and not be denied entry because of inept security and a decision by the club to issue armbands to those who only decided at the very last minute to travel to Sydney.

The majority of other Storm supporters spent hundreds of dollars in airfares and for accommodation weeks before, knowing that our boys had a real chance of being there and not waiting until it was actually confirmed.

It was just not good enough, reward the loyal supporters not the bandwaggoners!!

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormBec wrote:
Andy wrote: I will share some of my photos, but I'm afraid most of them are 'bum' shots of the players as I was behind the stage.
Nothing wrong with "bum" shots  ;-) I got plenty of those too. We were behind the stage as well. Which side of the stage were you? the side that the players entered the stage or opposite?
On the other side to where they entered the room.

Near the lady with the crazy purple hair attached to her hat.  :)
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bunnies wrote: I was determined to get in, and became very vocal ( not abusive) about non members gaining entry as it was very clearly stated that it was a members only function and that proof of membership had to be shown!

After about 15 minutes of persistence, a decision was made by security to allow about 50 more people in, this time only those with membership cards gained entry!

I agree with you Tigger, the majority of people who were in the venue I have never ever seen either here in Sydney at a game or when we travel to Melbourne! ??? ???
Hey bunnies & stormboy - you'd definitely not have recognized me, but I was the one shouting things like "Bring out Waldron" or "Rip off the armbands, make them wait in line with the rest of us". 

I rarely venture into the social club after the games in Melbourne, it seems like such a sterile event, particularly when going to the games alone and not knowing/being in a clique of supporters afterwards.  Doesn't mean I'm not there cheering the boys on during the games.  Heck, when I woke up on Monday, I found I had lost my voice and still haven't got it back again.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

We Arrived to late to get into party,stayed downstairs on the lawn and had  a great time.Me and two son's have been members since first year but I am amazed at how many storm supporters there I had never seen before.This has to be a good thing (apart from one bloke who had all his storm gear on but thought our home ground was MCG ?)
What we do today will echo in eternity
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

u all just had to find a hotel guest and ask to be there one guest to get into the foyer of the hotel

THEN! u catch the lift to floor 1 and ur in with out dealing with security
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
mrshoff

stormy bill wrote: We Arrived to late to get into party,stayed downstairs on the lawn and had  a great time.Me and two son's have been members since first year but I am amazed at how many storm supporters there I had never seen before.This has to be a good thing (apart from one bloke who had all his storm gear on but thought our home ground was MCG ?)
roflmfao...wat a loser!!! was he pissed??!?!?! hahahahaha
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

I've already messaged Tigger but I'd just like to apologise to all the others who missed out ... I wouldn't even consider myself a bandwagoner ... I was an intruder on Sunday night.

I don't support the Storm, it doesn't matter what anyone says, I didn't feel the same way on Sunday as I did three years ago. Yes I had a Storm membership to get in but it doesn't really make that much difference.

The thing is I know exactly how those who missed out feel because the same thing happened to me three years ago. When you have been at the ground cheering your side on to win a premiership you want to see them afterwards and let them know how proud you are and when you are denied the chance to do this it quickly brings you back from the massive high experienced when your team lifts the trophy ... although really it's nothing a few drinks can fix later that night especially knowing you will be able to see them with the trophy over the next few days.

The reason why I made sure I was there in the place of a true fan was knowing this feeling I didn't want Thinga to have the same experience. Unlike many of you he had only a small window of opportunity to celebrate as he had to fly to Qld for work at 7am the next day. No one could ever doubt his passion for the Storm (you only need to hear the story of what he did the week before) but he is not going to get a chance to get back to Victoria to see the trophy until next year.

I'm really sorry to those who missed out ... next time I'm sure the club will find a better place to accommodate you all.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i feel for the sydney based fans that missed out. a rare chance to see the players and they miss out. the storm should have tryed to find a bigger venue to fit members and supporters not first in best dressed
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

It's usually not too difficult to see the players when in Sydney, for most away venues you just need to wait near the bus or just follow Bunnies' voice :lol:

They are all most obliging to fans who come and support them at away venues, certain players are renowned for holding the bus up to have a chat.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Christa, I know you'll hate this - but you're more a Storm fan than some of those that corporatised their way in on Sunday night! :)