WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not getting ahead of myself but when will it be?
:P
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote: Not getting ahead of myself but when will it be?
:P
Normally late January - early February - They've always played it in the UK citing the hot n humid conditions in NSW/QLD

It's time to bring it HOME  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i read somewhere that it is in doubt.

they changed the date of the game and it just so happens to be on the same date we have a trial game here in australia with an nrl side.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

That was last year,(Feb 23rd 2007) because the Broncos had a cry about their "Tri Series commitment"

A late January/early February date would coincide with the time when most Super League teams had to overseas for "warm weather training"  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Oh, for the love of $DEITY, just stick em under the roof at the dome.  It should be quite pleasant/cool under there.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It is scheduled to occur on the 18 February here in Australia!! :D :D :D

Yes, a trial game against Manly at  Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford was scheduled for the same date, BUT you know which game will happen, and it won't be that one!

When I find out more I will let you all know!!

Cheers
Bunnies :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM! :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
mrshoff

ok...so im a bit slow...too much alcohol killing my brain cells.....can someone explain the challenge cup to me...
please!

are storm involved?? or wat not? i thought storm played a team in england, like the team in england won the premiership and then storm has to play them...something like that

??? ??? ???
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think we are all feeling the after effects of so much celebrating, but all is good!!

Yes, we will play the English team, but here in Australia next year not in England

Cheers
Bunnies :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The world cup challenge is each year the winner of the NRL plays the winner of the Super League in England (St Helens) in a one off game over there. The one and only time the Storm played it in 99 was against St Helens which we won so it's time to make it 2 from 2  ;-)
mrshoff

so hopefully we shud be playing it at the dome then in melbourne??

cant wait for next season!!

boo ya!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so will this be a storm home game in melbourne or r the nrl gonna put it in nsw or qld
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: so will this be a storm home game in melbourne or r the nrl gonna put it in nsw or qld
I wouldn't #%@^in' think so  :evil:
As far back as 2000 Storm wanted the W.C.C here
And 'Ice' it may not be Skint Helens  ;-)

February at the Dome isFREE so far
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

bunnies wrote: It is scheduled to occur on the 18 February here in Australia!! :D :D :D
A trial match on a Monday? You sure about that?
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Melbourne is considering whether to take the entire squad to Europe next year for a week-long camp before basing itself in England for an assault on the World Club Challenge, where it will face the British Super League champion.
From todays Herald Sun.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If its the Rhinos who make it that would be my all time best match and i reckon 3K to go would be a bargain.....though i would have to split my leeds and storm tops in half and wear half each as i couldnt choose just one - though at least whoever wins i would have an awesome time. If its anyone else except the Rhinos i hope we smash em lol
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "