Everything I want to say

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormgirl
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

This is because I have so many things to say and need a whole thread to say it :D

First: Sour grapes much?
(http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/ma ... tml?page=2)
Eels second-rower Nathan Hindmarsh also gave an indication of the ill-feeling between the two sides yesterday after he was asked who he felt would win the grand final. "Manly," he said. "They're a Sydney side, and good blokes."
Second: Good on Bellamy for giving it back to the media.  His statement that we're not smart enough to keep inventing these tackles brought tears of laughter to my eyes :lol:  The Billy Slater tackle from PJ Marsh was as bad as the injury caused to Cayless, yet there's been no focus on it whatsoever.  Bias from all sides except apparantly Fox - both shows I've watched this week have focussed on the fact that ALL teams do what we do every week, it's just that we do it better and more consistantly.  Kudos to Laurie Daley who mentioned he thought it was jealousy that we out muscle people on the park.  And good on Bellamy again for showing up the vaccillation of the media who said we were unprepared for last weeks game because our preceding games were too easy, and yet this week we're too stuffed because our last game was too hard!

Third: Wow, the NSW media can't get enough of pointing out that Melbourne is a lone team in a town that "doesn't care", can they?  I think maybe the NSW media should focus on the long term future of the NRL if they cave in to pressure from people such as Denis Fitzgerald and pull the team from the fastest growing city in Australia.  If the NRL doesn't grow the sport, then the sport will fold.  Both Channel Seven and Channel Nine this week have focussed on the AFL, and these are shows coming out of Sydney (Sunrise, Today) - I love my NRL,  but I fear for it's future.

Fourth: I can't believe people are really pointing to Manly as having options all over the park and more creativity than us.  You have three "stars" for Manly: Watmough, Monaghan and Orford.  Last week showed holes all through the Eagles when Monaghan went off.  That just doesn't happen with us.  For every star in our side, there is another to take his place if something goes wrong.  Our players are versatile, fit, pumped up and dedicated.  Count the number of high pitched squeals from the commentators box for our players and we're way on top of the Eagles. Sure, they're a decent team, and sure they won against us earlier this year: I for one firmly believe that we are going to kick Manly's arse this weekend and I look forward to savouring every minute of it.

So ner. :-*
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Well said Stormgirl!  =D> =D> =D> =D> :thumbright:

All we can do now is wait for game day and see which team 'walk's the walk' and by the Power of Greyskull, it'll be Storm!!  ;D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote: Well said Stormgirl!  =D> =D> =D> =D> :thumbright:
YES WELLDONE, BRILLIANT POST STORMGIRL - FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE UP MELBOURNE!!!

Off Topic:
Tigger wrote: All we can do now is wait for game day and see which team 'walk's the walk' and by the Power of Greyskull, it'll be Storm!!  ;D
Co-incidentally it was the anniversary of the He-Man series yesterday  :lol:
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Brisbane_storm wrote: The nsw media have been good to us . . . I didn't notice anything that said we don't care about the game over here.
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Brisbane_storm is only online during the day??
Could this be because his mummy & daddy limit his internet time??  :nono: :whip2:
:evil4: :evil4: :evil4:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote:
Brisbane_storm wrote: The nsw media have been good to us . . . I didn't notice anything that said we don't care about the game over here.
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Brisbane_storm is only online during the day??
Could this be because his mummy & daddy limit his internet time??  :nono: :whip2:
:evil4: :evil4: :evil4:
he could work nights
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I don't understand why he (I'm assuming it's a he) says "we" yet has a Brisbane avatar?  ???

The Sydney media always calls Melbourne "Bleak City" - now really, is that the best they can come up with?

BTW - Good post StormGirl.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I have found, this week more than most, that it is pointless reading and listening to the media. They are printing and saying such crap about the Storm and our preparation & chances for the GF.

All I care about is our guys are in the Grand Final and we have the team and the game plan to win. And win we shall, Storm by 20.

First try scorer: Steve Turner
Last try scorer: Israel Folau
Clive Churchill Medal: Cameron Smith
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote: Storm by 20.

First try scorer: Steve Turner
Last try scorer: Israel Folau
Clive Churchill Medal: Cameron Smith
im predicting :
storm by 12

First Try : Hoffman
Last Try : Quinn
Clive Churchill Medal : Cooper Cronk
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Barney
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

We get 2 games live every weekend here in the UK. And every time Storm are on i pray the coverage is not by Channel 9. Their commentators are so anti Melbourne its just not funny anymore. That Rabbit (Warren) guy, well its about time he was put out to pasture, its embarrassing listening to his anything but Melbourne bias.

Last week I got up at 6.30am to listen to his rantings, high excitement on every Para attack and general commentary when we attack, but great Para defence when they stop us..

Sorry I just hate his commentary!

And on the subject of "Melbourne doesn't care about League" well i was in Australia last year for the tri-nations, Aus v NZ in Melbourne 30,000+, Aus v GB & Aus v NZ in Sydney 20,000 ish and where's next years World Cup Final being played.. Brisbane, because Sydney can't get the crowds!!!!

Barney

:fla_england:  :fla_england:  :fla_england:  :fla_england:  :fla_england:  :fla_england:  :fla_england:
Last edited by Barney on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

=D> Well said stormgirl

As for the media hype from 'sin city'  :-({|=  so many teams - so little support.

In 99 it was all soooooooo new & I stood in Gosches Paddock to watch history being made.

In 06 I tasted defeat up close at Telstra stadium

In 07 I'll watch from a BBQ in Sunshine

but unlike the two previous GF's.................There's no rush of blood - no nervous excitement,(I'll save that for Sunday night) because we've been there & done that  ;-)

Like Surandy  says
All I care about is our guys are in the Grand Final and we have the team and the game plan to win.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields