Melbourne Conection Wins Origin 2

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a try :D :) :D :D :D :) :D :D

Thank you lord for signing Billy pre June 30 :P
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Billy - Man of the Match.

Simply brilliant (except for a few positional wing hiccups)
*Champagne football*
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Go Smithy :D

Go Slater :D

Suffer NSW, Should of pick Hill and Orford sooner...... :evil: :twisted: :evil:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

like i said elsewhere - billy will be a liability in defence but make up for it in attack. if anyone tries to tell me that schifcofske should be in instead of slater, wesser or bowen, i will assume they only watch games with canberra playing.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

considering Slater is NOT a winger, he does pretty well... most full time wingers get beaten by the Gidley-Tahu combination week after week anyway, so getting beaten once in a game isn't too bad if you make up for it the way Billy does...
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billy Slater played on the wing for the 2nd time in his career last night. 2nd.

Throw in that he has to mark the lethal combo of Gidley and Tahu and anyonewo though he should have been marking them two solidly all night was nieve to think that.

Its a credit to Billy that he didn't go into his shell, like most younger inexpeirienced players do.

Billy came back with one of the best tries in Origin history. What a champion :D
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy was fantastic!!! He did get caught out positionally a couple of times, but overall he was great. Not only did he score 2 great tries, one that is up there with the best you'll see, but he saved a certain one with that hit on Tahu late in the game too. Brilliant effort Billy!!!
if anyone tries to tell me that schifcofske should be in instead of slater, wesser or bowen, i will assume they only watch games with canberra playing.
I'm not saying pick Schifcofske, but apart from one tackle Wesser made I thought he was ordinary. Cost QLD one try by not cleaning that ball up off the Gidley kick, and looked horrible under the high ball.
Bowen changed the course of the game I thought with some dangerous Dummy Half Runs
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Fampa's thoughts on a brilliant night at Suncorp -

1. The statue of Wally is shorter than I remember it at the old Lang Park.

2. I was a bit miffed I had to pay for a programme. The first time in 8 years it wasn't inlcuded as part of the ticket price.

3. Even the cheap seats ($65) that we were in were good. Even if you had to yell 'sit down' everytime anything happened on the wing. (Actually didn't get to see most of Billy's runs :( )

4. Hamstead should not get any more Origins. His 10 meters was pathetic, for both teams. He warned players all night about flops in the tackle but never once penalised for it.

5. Still trying to figure out why Cam went off the field in the second half. Can anyone who may have actaully listened to commentary illuminate me? He did look buggered just prior to it.

6. We did have the 'Cameron Smith is magic' chant going. Though I don't think anyone heard it through all the screaming that accompanied a try. With a bit of help from Dorky we changed the words a bit :)

7. Does Freddy go out a loser now...again? Or will his best buddy Phil Gould keep him there so they can win the series and let him go out on a win? Speaking to Freddy before the game I learned how he got the name.

8. Cam and Billy did like the banners we had. Got a special little nod from them as they went around the ground after the game.

*sigh* Still soaking up the win....

GO QUEENSLANDER
*Champagne football*
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Earl wrote:Billy Slater played on the wing for the 2nd time in his career last night.
Earl, Billy has played on the wing for Melbourne Storm. I'm not sure how many times he has done so though. He himself has stated that fact previously.

Great game by Billy, I noticed on the telecast that he was sniffing around the back looking for the ball in attack a fair bit in the second half.

Looks like him and Cameron will be playing a lot more Origin games.