Riddel and Hayne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hayne, when hayne went down i thought he was goners because he didnt move for so long, but then that dickhead gets up like nothings wrong

piggy was even worse, milking it for about 5 mins, getting some doctor out in a suit so they feel important then he gets up and does a few shoulder rolls n hes fine!

FFS just coz the game was lost doesnt mean they can do crap like that
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
totally_fresh
Squall
Squall

Hayne has a bad track record when it comes to staying down for the penalty. I tend to give most players the benefit of the doubt in these cases, especially when there is genuine contact with the head...as there was in the Hayne/Smith penalty, but I am more cautious with Hayne. He certainly does seem to stay down when he cops a high shot, where other players will try to struggle on, play the ball and then receive treatment.

If what Gus was saying was true about Riddell (that he'd probably got a bit of a burning feeling in his neck/arm because of the jolt it got in the tackle) then i have no problems with him taking the right precautions. It's your neck. You don't f*ck with that. He wasn't trying to milk a penalty, both teams got a breather while he was treated.... I had no problems with it.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

imo riddell milked it
totally_fresh
Squall
Squall

Milked what though? He didn't get a penalty, it wasn't even a high shot. Just an awkward collision.

There was never going to be a penalty, so I don't see what he was "milking" for?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yes i dont no what he was trying to get out of it but he milked the injury, maybe hoping the video ref would find something wrong with it
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The whole crowd on the side of the ground I was sitting seemed to think he was milking it.  Maybe all the media given to Parra over the past few days about milking frees probably added to their opinions.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How Ironic that a supposed "Brisbane fan" is defending Catty Hayne over diving allegations.
Who was it again that first accussed Jarrod of diving?
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You must be a Diving Judge too.
What did you give Hayne this weekend on his Back one-and-a-half somersaults, tuck, reversed three-and-a-half somersault?  9.5?
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brisbane_storm wrote: I had the benefit of slow motion so I saw the hit on him and riddell.  It was good for us that he got hit too, broke their momentum.
Call yourself a part time/ fairweather fan - you didn't even attend the game.  You just watched it on TV.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was rather sceptical about Piggy when I saw it but when I watched the replay there was obviously a little case for concern.

Hayne however. Newton said it best "PISS POOR".

Hayne is known for it and it was reported that he winked at DJ after the penalty was given.

Should be done for bringing the game into disrepute if he keeps it up. Nearly as bad as Paul Gallen!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You've been to everygame?  Cool, could you let me know which of the Storm players has yet to score a try for us this year.