Fitzy sounds off!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Dani_ wrote: Honestly, i'm disgusted by the club right now. Making the ground smaller when it's unnecessary would just about constitute cheating imo.
It's not about making our home final ground smaller per se, but rather making it the same size as our home ground.

I don't agree with the tactics but if you believe the interview with Brian Waldron on Fox Sports News the request to TD was a stunt to get free publicity for this game as Waldron knew that Fitzy would react and this would be backpage news in Sydney. Funny to hear the interviewer dredge up the 2001 game again.  :lol:
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote: I don't agree with the tactics but if you believe the interview with Brian Waldron on Fox Sports News the request to TD was a stunt to get free publicity for this game as Waldron knew that Fitzy would react and this would be backpage news in Sydney. Funny to hear the interviewer dredge up the 2001 game again.  :lol:
hahaha... good point. And the tactic has definitely worked so far...
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I know it was going to be the same size as OP.

I still think it's a disgusting act.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Let's play darts
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It may have not even been a conscious ploy but now its defiantly a way to get press.

Besides I  believe  our home ground is  minimum legal size just.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think what has happended, we gave them the dimensions of a Beach Rugby League field.  Understandable really, with all the sand around the PhoneDome field.

As Surandy mentioned, Big Brian, is pulling all the right strings to make this into a blockbuster  :boxing:
This type of publicity could convert some casual fans to come along on Sunday and see what all the fuss is about.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

FFS Whats the fuss over the ground size ... at least it's the same for both teams.
But it's nothing compared to the unfair conditions the Cowboys imposed on the Warriors last week.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not sure whether Ive got me facts right but HAVENT WE WON SEVEN OUT OF EIGHT GAMES AGAINST THE EELS.  Struth ya wouldnt want Denis on ya team would ya he is what you would call a real good luck charm
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

How can a smaller width field be aadvantage/disadvantage to anyone.  If the players of both teams are standing in the line closer together and has less room to run in defence when moving left to right it must be the same for both teams.   Yes, there is less room to move to make a break, but there is also less area to defend.  The in goals being smaller is an advantage to Storm.   But six metres in the smallest you are alllowed in the rules of rugby league.  It is in the rules.  If Storm could have the field the same size as Olympic Park good on them, they are not cheating.  Parramatta (and any team in the league) would change anything they could to get a tiny advantage,  this is an important game.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormgirl wrote: Hey, if they want to give Israel, Greg and Billy an extra 6 metres to run around in, I'm pretty sure they will welcome it :D

On Sunrise this morning they said that even the Parra players are asking Fitzy to shut up :lol:
Maybe Fitzy and Gee can sit together at the game? Oh that's right, Brisbane won't be there... I guess Cullen could buy an Eels jersey to go bag the team out!  :-*
Yeah, nathan Hindmarsh was in the Australian telling Fitzy to can it.

As for the field size thing.... if there is a "minimum" length and a "minimum" in goal then obviously it's not allowed to be "smaller" than the minimum then it's not exactly "illegal" or "cheating".

As for Fitzy... he's just fishing now. One stupid-arse call is enough to piss me off, more than one on consecutive days is just the sign of a desperate man.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Big in 2001

Since the Parra-lysed Eels are fixated on a result back in 2001, I've decided to go down memory lane and see what was big in 2001.

* The World Wrestling Federation (WWF) (now World Wrestling Entertainment) purchases rival organization World Championship Wrestling (WCW) for an estimated $5 million.

* Apple Computer releases Mac OS X.

* Barry Bonds becomes the 17th member of the 500 home run club at Pacific Bell Park in San Francisco, California.
(He's now the leading home runner record holder with 762!)

* Boyband 5ive announced their disbandment  :( ;D

* The Microsoft Xbox video game console launches in North America, along with the game (The Xbox 360 has superceded this since then)

* The Nintendo GameCube is released in North America (The Nintendo Wii has superceded this since then)

* Popular songs in 2001
1  Lady Marmalade  Christina Aguilera,  Lil' Kim, Mya & Pink
2  Fallin'  Alicia Keys 
3  I'm Real  Jennifer Lopez 
4  Family Affair  Mary J. Blige 
5  Butterfly  Crazy Town 
28  Bootylicious  Destiny's Child 
37  Beautiful Day  U2 
50  Ride Wit Me  Nelly
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

i laughed when I read this in the paper!! HE's a such a tool! And it's not like we weren't waiting for him to say something - just glad he found something new. At least it's not the old grapple tackle story ;D ;D
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Denis' latest claptrap.....I do think Brian's playing with fire tho with his suggestion... ;-)

What to do with Denis
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!