Preliminary Final Supporters March?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

no way we have a indigenous game called football in this country and soccer needs to respect that. nothing against the sport but its soccer. and as for the arguement about controlling the game with your hands in soccer you can score a goal with any part of the body except your arms. in football you can only score a goal with your foot
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mikey wrote: no way we have a indigenous game called football in this country and soccer needs to respect that. nothing against the sport but its soccer. and as for the arguement about controlling the game with your hands in soccer you can score a goal with any part of the body except your arms. in football you can only score a goal with your foot
NO WAY!! Why can't you respect that like AFL and League, soccer is also known as FOOTBALL. Deal with it... And don't you even start me on using the foot to play any of those games. My god Mikey, have you even seen a game of soccer, er, football? Geez...  ???

And whilst we're at it, i call it soccer  :P
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I've been to many games of Soccer as I said don't have a prob with the game just don't like it being called Football because I see it as disrespectful to our great indigrnous game. and my point was that in football you can only score a goal with your foot but in footy you can do it with any part of your body other then your hands/arms
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

ANY game in which you can use your foot to propel a ball can be called FOOTBALL!!!!

FFS even Grid Iron is called football and they only ever kick the durn thing but a couple of times during the game!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mikey wrote: I've been to many games of Soccer as I said don't have a prob with the game just don't like it being called Football because I see it as disrespectful to our great indigrnous game. and my point was that in football you can only score a goal with your foot but in footy you can do it with any part of your body other then your hands/arms
Ok, my point is...

AFL = "great" indigenous game = thats a matter of personal opinion. I personally hate the game but many like it and i try to respect that... doesn't make it a great game tho...

To call soccer "football" is by no means being disrespectful to the indigenous code, what a load of crap you speak.

AND... you say you've been to many games of soccer but obviously you never watched them. Yeah sure goals are scored only off the foot/boot in AFL but the game isn't just about how goals are scored is it? Its about the way its played and if you compared an AFL game (for example) with soccer you'd notice that for the ENTIRE game, except for the goalie and for throw ins, the game (soccer) is predominately played with the FOOT... hence the word FOOTball... No tapping the ball with the hand, fisting the ball, running and carrying it, bouncing it with the hands... Maybe the indigenous code should be renamed Handball eh? Oh wait, that would be disrespectful of another sport of that same name now wouldn't it...   ](*,)

Here's that link for you again in case you missed it, just like you obviously missed all them games of soccer you reckon you've been to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_ ... 8soccer%29

Edit: my apologies for my part in taking this thread way off topic.
Last edited by Hailstorm on Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.