Preliminary Final Supporters March?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

All is according to plan.

Meeting Place: Cnr of Spencer and Bourke Streets (Next to Hungry Jacks)
1.45pm meeting with all fans . 2.00pm departure and our walk/march to the Dome.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Brisbane_storm wrote: I'll be there, I'll wear my broncos cap and storm polo shirt if anybody wants to meet in person.
I doubt you're even a league fan. All you seem to care about is soccer.
lotti

just emailed the details to my sister but not sure if we're going, we've got a prior engagement and my knee(the damn thing I thought it would be better by now) tends to hurt when I'm on it too long.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sliat_1981 wrote:I doubt you're even a league fan. All you seem to care about is soccer.
Could that be because another name it goes by might start with G, and end in o-a-l?

Whether or not that's the case, I personally couldn't give a flying lima lima lima duck - a troll is a troll is a troll as far as I'm concerned, and as such, all their semi-literate dribblings are good for is to be put on ignore. Permanently! And hopefully their IP address will be blocked (please please please please, pretty please, with sugar on top! ;-) ;-) ;-) )

But back to the topic - the weather will be just perfect for the march (fine, a top of 22). I'm sure we'll all have a great time - and it'll be even better if the Storm can get up, which I reckon we will! GO GET 'EM, STORM!!!  :D :D :D
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The AFL have drastically improved their relationship with football this year, and football with the AFL . . .  to the extent that AFL players now come to Victory games.
Did you or did you not say this. And its SOCCER not football, got it?
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sliat_1981 wrote:
The AFL have drastically improved their relationship with football this year, and football with the AFL . . .  to the extent that AFL players now come to Victory games.
Did you or did you not say this. And its SOCCER not football, got it?
OK, i've had enough. Time for my two bobs worth. I feel the need to defend here...

Yes in this country the round ball game has been known as soccer for many years but in more recent times the governing body has tried to make a move to have the game known in this country as FOOTBALL as it is known in Europe and the UK, and hence the name FFA (Football Federation of Australia). It is not wrong for people to call the game football, nor is it necessarily right to call it soccer, its both.

AFL is known as AFL or football (or footy), and the NRL is known as NRL or Rugby League or FOOTBALL (more so footy).

Now i am not gonna get into a slanging match as to which is the REAL football, or the best game or whatever. What i will say is THEY ARE ALL FOOTBALL, some people just need to get over it.
Last edited by Hailstorm on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Damn!! I wish you had put that up before i typed all that... or maybe you knew the time would come for me to say something  ;-)
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

imo. football (im refering to soccer) has the right to be called football. the ball is moved and controled prodominantly with the feet and afl, rugby and leauge both involve hands .

so im all for calling soccer , football
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]