Jeremy Smith: may possibly be released

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In this weeks RLW the mole is claiming that there is MASSIVE interest in Jeremy Smith from the Dragons who are interested in offering him a spot in the starting pack as opposed to coming off the bench.

Apparently Storm are prepared to release him from his remaining year of his contract (2008) if the offer from St. George is reasonable enough.

The Mole is seldom wrong in my experience but what do you think this means for the club? Possibly a contract renewal for Clint Newton, extension for Crocker of Hoffman?
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

LESStar58 wrote: In this weeks RLW the mole is claiming that there is MASSIVE interest in Jeremy Smith from the Dragons who are interested in offering him a spot in the starting pack as opposed to coming off the bench.

Apparently Storm are prepared to release him from his remaining year of his contract (2008) if the offer from St. George is reasonable enough.

The Mole is seldom wrong in my experience but what do you think this means for the club? Possibly a contract renewal for Clint Newton, extension for Crocker of Hoffman?
If JS thinks he'll get a full season 1st string spot with the lizards good luck to him.The lizards have a nasty habit of wasting talent though.

Also didn't miss the little snippet about possible Tomane  poisoning #-o Here we go again 
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I really hope not, Smith has been great for us. :(

Word is that Newton will sign on for longer, so thats a possibilty, not sure about Blair  but he may come on to the bench permantely.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bourbon_rat wrote:
LESStar58 wrote: In this weeks RLW the mole is claiming that there is MASSIVE interest in Jeremy Smith from the Dragons who are interested in offering him a spot in the starting pack as opposed to coming off the bench.

If JS thinks he'll get a full season 1st string spot with the lizards good luck to him.The lizards have a nasty habit of wasting talent though.

Also didn't miss the little snippet about possible Tomane  poisoning #-o Here we go again 
yeah, saw that hing about Tomane as well...
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

"When I first signed I never got a copy of the contract. I kept on asking and begging for a copy of the contract. I'm sure I'm entitled to at least see what I signed. I just want the Storm to do the right thing by me."
Now dat have a familiar ring too it  ;-)

Melbourne Storm's teen recruit wants out
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

If tomane wants out...let him go. There is plenty of MEN out there that want to play the toughest sport on the earth....if he wans to play girly union let him.

nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: if he wans to play girly union let him.
thers nothing girly about union
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bourbon_rat wrote:
"When I first signed I never got a copy of the contract. I kept on asking and begging for a copy of the contract. I'm sure I'm entitled to at least see what I signed. I just want the Storm to do the right thing by me."

Oh my  :o here we go again!

As for Jeremy Smith, I'd be disappointed to see him go, although I do think one day he's going to cost us a game if he doesn't get the niggle out of his game.  He reminds me of David Kidwell of a couple of years ago.

Did anyone else watch the Titans game replay?  One of the commentators (I think it was Warren Smith) seemed to not think much of Jeremy Smith at all!
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Would simply mean an extension for Newton.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

jellyhead wrote:
bourbon_rat wrote:

As for Jeremy Smith, I'd be disappointed to see him go, although I do think one day he's going to cost us a game if he doesn't get the niggle out of his game.  He reminds me of David Kidwell of a couple of years ago.

Did anyone else watch the Titans game replay?  One of the commentators (I think it was Warren Smith) seemed to not think much of Jeremy Smith at all!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

jellyhead wrote:
bourbon_rat wrote:

Whoops "I stuffed up"

Yeah I heard those comments about JS, and I agree to some extent and was waiting for the whistle to be blown. Hand on the head of a player on the ground.
Did anyone see the 36th minute when Donnelly stepped on JS's ankle while JS was on lying flat on the ground with 2 other titan's on top of him.
Donnelly clearly was aiming for his ankle, just look early on in the 36th minute.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

On current form we need to be able to sign Clint as a priority, not a bad swap i think. The NRL site just had an article where Waldron said we cant offer clint what he is worth but he doesnt want to play for any other NRL club, so they are 'waiting to see any movements this month'...maybe this story is right?
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

pauliedude wrote:
jellyhead wrote:
bourbon_rat wrote: Now dat have a familiar ring too it  ;-)

Whoops "I stuffed up"

Yeah I heard those comments about JS, and I agree to some extent and was waiting for the whistle to be blown. Hand on the head of a player on the ground.
Did anyone see the 36th minute when Donnelly stepped on JS's ankle while JS was on lying flat on the ground with 2 other titan's on top of him.
Donnelly clearly was aiming for his ankle, just look early on in the 36th minute.
LOL I really thought Jeremy Smith and Donnelly were going to eventually come to blows at some stage during that game.  They were annoying the shit out of each other all through the game.  :P
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It was funny at the end though, post game, when they shake hands.
And see the storm players trying help Donnelly put kingy's top on.
Good to see all the former storm players (now playing for titans) mingling with the current storm after the siren.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: if he wans to play girly union let him.
thers nothing girly about union

There is plenty girly with union.