Round 25; Melbourne v GC Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has named an 18-man squad for this Sunday's Round 25 clash against the Gold Coast Titans. The game will be played at Olympic Park in Melbourne from 7:00pm.

After last Friday's 38-6 win over the Bulldogs, Storm coach Craig Bellamy has made a couple of changes to the line-up.

Matt King returns after two weeks off with a wrist injury, taking his place in the centre. Anthony Quinn moves to the wing, taking the place of Will Chambers who has been left out of this week's squad.

Steve Turner also returns after a fortnight out with a knee injury, and has been named to start from the interchange bench.

Squad for Sunday's game:

Starting team:
1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Geyer
3. Matt King
4. Israel Folau
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Greg Inglis
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Ben Cross
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Brett White
11. Clint Newton
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Smith
15. Steve Turner
16. Michael Crocker
17. Jeff Lima
18. James Aubusson

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans co-captain Luke Bailey has been ruled out of Sunday night's round 25 NRL clash against minor premiers the Melbourne Storm after breaking his hand during last weekends Cronulla Sharks encounter.

X-rays confirmed what the Jetstar Titans medical team already suspected and the work horse front rowers outstanding season is over. (Fracture of the 4th metacarpal on right hand).

1 Chris Walker
2 Jake Webster
3 Mat Rogers
4 Brett Delaney
5 Matthew Petersen
6 Preston Campbell
7 Scott Prince
8 Anthony Laffranchi
9 Nathan Friend
10 Michael Hodgson
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Luke Swain

14 Daniel Conn
15 Ian Donnelly
16 Josh Graham
17 Luke O'Dwyer
Looking foward to this game, although I'm not really a fan of the timeslot. Hopefully we go all out and pretend its week one of the finals, and blow them of the park.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no turner?  :'(
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

he is on the bench 
lotti

wise move by Craig in naming Zappa on the bench, gives the Titans less chances of injuring him.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

oh sorry , didnt see that
i guess also with quinns form in the absence of turner, he more than deserves to be on the starting line up
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Walker, Webster, Friend, Donnelly, Graham. It's like seeing Melbourne Storm team A vs team B.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thunderstruck wrote: Walker, Webster, Friend, Donnelly, Graham. It's like seeing Melbourne Storm team A vs team B.
too bad smith samau isnt in the team

did we have graham?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

The question is what Titans side will turn up given their form lately and the fact that they are no chance for the 8?

I expect they will struggle for motivation. Storm to win 50 points to 4.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote: The question is what Titans side will turn up given their form lately and the fact that they are no chance for the 8?

I expect they will struggle for motivation. Storm to win 50 points to 4.
i think that laffranchi and prince will have a blinder of a match.

as for the outcome u have predicted surandy i think that u are selling the titans short... just a tad, they are a pretty decent team so im guessing they will give us a bit of a scare early on
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote:
Thunderstruck wrote: Walker, Webster, Friend, Donnelly, Graham. It's like seeing Melbourne Storm team A vs team B.
too bad smith samau isnt in the team

did we have graham?
Yeah, Josh Graham played a couple of games for us. Then he went to the Super 14 side Western Force before returning to the NRL with the Titans.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: i think that laffranchi and prince will have a blinder of a match.

as for the outcome u have predicted surandy i think that u are selling the titans short... just a tad, they are a pretty decent team so im guessing they will give us a bit of a scare early on
This is the same titans who haven't won away from home since round 14 right ? Against a Melbourne side that is currently in rev up mode for the coming finals & has a couple of ' issues ' to address with said titans.
Let no quarter be given  :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Taken from "Bellamy calls for calm in referee uproar" - Storm website
Bellamy said it would be Thursday before he had an idea on the make-up of his side for Sunday night's game against Gold Coast at Olympic Park.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd probably expect Adam Blair and/or Sam Tagataese to be used this week. Neither have played for a few games and I think Bellamy would want all his fringe/bench players with some game time under their belts coming into the finals.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can someone tell me if Storm have been playing thunderstruck at the end of the games at OL lately.
I have been leaving straight after the whistle, stupid I know.

Sometimes in the past during the victory lap and after the club song they have played it.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

pauliedude wrote: Can someone tell me if Storm have been playing thunderstruck at the end of the games at OL lately.
I have been leaving straight after the whistle, stupid I know.

Sometimes in the past during the victory lap and after the club song they have played it.
nah they havnt been playing thunderstruck recently , dont no bout earlier in the year ive forgotten