Prelim at the Dome

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Seats moved in?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I didn't read that quite right. Seats moved in??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I don't see why they would object to moving the seats in.  There'll be no more AFL at that ground so the turf excuse will not wash.  The only other game being played there now is soccer, and those fans would love the seats to stay in afterwards.

We're not going to sell the place out so losing a few thousand seats would be no big loss.  They're not going to sell it out (to that extent) either.

If they move the seats in I'm getting lower level.  If they don't, I'm not bothering, and will get middle level instead.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote: I know it's just a little over 5 hours since Clarkey blew Full Time but I'm just thinking about the roof situation at TD.
I'm presuming the Storm/ NRL will want to keep it closed?
My assumption is that it will be closed. There's only been one RL game been played at that ground with the roof open and that apparently was due to mechanical problems.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

mrpc wrote: I don't see why they would object to moving the seats in.  There'll be no more AFL at that ground so the turf excuse will not wash.  The only other game being played there now is soccer, and those fans would love the seats to stay in afterwards.

We're not going to sell the place out so losing a few thousand seats would be no big loss.  They're not going to sell it out (to that extent) either.

If they move the seats in I'm getting lower level.  If they don't, I'm not bothering, and will get middle level instead.
Unless they've miraculously fixed the stadium, seats aren't gonna be moved in. Mechanically not possible.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mechanically not possible?  Please explain what kind of mechanical affliction could cause all four sets of seats to simultaneously fail.
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Socer isn't being played there yet, is it? I don't see why they would need to shut the roof with the weather we've been happening. I'm sure it's great to give the stadium use since the AFL will not put any finals there. Funny how Geelong had a home final, but had to play at the G.
Do the seats move in like in Telstra Stadium? I thought they couldn't as the stadium was only built originally for Aussie rules.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yes the setas on the lower deck can move in about 10 metres but i dont think they will - they didnt for the origin game. the only game i recall they did were the broncos when we were based at colonial
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm sure they moved the seats in for the Aust/NZ Tri Nations game earlier this year. (or was it late last year?)
They wouldn't have moved them in for the Origin game as they knew it would be a sell out and they wouldn't want to to lose a few thousand seats if they could sell the joint out.
Apparently according to rumours a while ago - the seats couldn't be moved due to the structures underneath that enable them to move, rusting or seizing up due to lack of use. If you can't move all four sides in they wouldn't move any of them - all or none it would have to be.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Smacka (C) wrote: I'm sure they moved the seats in for the Aust/NZ Tri Nations game earlier this year. (or was it late last year?)
They wouldn't have moved them in for the Origin game as they knew it would be a sell out and they wouldn't want to to lose a few thousand seats if they could sell the joint out.
Apparently according to rumours a while ago - the seats couldn't be moved due to the structures underneath that enable them to move, rusting or seizing up due to lack of use. If you can't move all four sides in they wouldn't move any of them - all or none it would have to be.
I heard that rumour too Smacka but you're right - the seats were moved in for the Tri-Nations game, so obviously it was just that - a rumour.

Pretty damn annoying that we still can't access a seating plan less than 3 hours before the seats go on sale.

Also, I see no-one has mentioned getting an email with a code in it to buy tickets online for both Week 3 and the Grand Final.  I got it on Thursday or Friday (I think).  Did anyone else get one?
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I got an email too.  The Prelim info is up at the Ticketmaster site, seating chart link is now working.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Andy wrote: The Prelim info is up at the Ticketmaster site, seating chart link is now working.
And the seating chart shows they are selling the seats that would be lost if they moved the rest of the lower level seats in, so they apparently aren't doing it.  Smegheads.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Please note :
That the edifice known as "Telstra Dome" should until after September 23rd be known as...................
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Will wanted to rename it the Black Hole as the teams come & are sucked into nothingness
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

when the seats were mopved in for the tri-nations late last year it wasnt all that great.
We need the new stadium, and now.
I hope it has been planned well and not by some tool from government.

Paulie.
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I thought having the seats moved in was fantastic. I had a great view from my seat.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]