Storm ATTACK!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote: Whoa - Goal, that sidestep would even make Benji proud  :badgrin:
Quit calling me goal.

It's not a sidestep, you just didn't read my post properly. 
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Okay Brisbane Storm, I won't call you Goal.  Maybe I got you mixed up with some else.  I apologise...what do the kids say these days "My Bad"  :P

Anyways, let's discuss Rugby League.

What do you think of your old gaffer, Wayno, copping egg on his face for the 2nd time this season?
First it was about diving (we don't want to see this soccer stuff in our game) and now the Snapple tackle.  He points the finger at Parra and us at doing dodgy stuff on the field, and low and behold, his players are guilty of doing the same.

What's the name of the ex-Bronco, that came out this week and said he learnt to grapple while he was in Brisbane.  You should know who he is, since you're a Donkey fan.  Was it Michael Devere? Neville Costigan?
Last edited by MENACING*STORM on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Brisbane_Storm wrote:Again if we're talking arms around the head that's cool.  The only danger is when there is downward pressure exerted on the back of the head, and that's the real issue, and the new law will eliminate this.  Crafty bugger that bellamy is he's trying to make this about arms around the head, which it is not.  Normally I wouldn't care, but his devioiusness in this case could have cause a real tragedy on the field.  Anyway the law has changed now so it's good.  It's cool that this issue has come about, the storm are finally in the spotlight over here.
Do you have a clue?!?

The issue raised by Bennett, Civoneciva, Hagan, etc in the media this week was the GRAPPLE TACKLE!! Ie arms/hands around the neck/head area.

This bullshit about the "crusher" tackle, as it has been dubbed, ONLY got brought up AFTER those morons were proven to be a bunch of lima lima lima duck hypocrits.

They can't win on the field so they try and shift the focus off the field, it's a media beat up and it's all a load of bollocks! It WON'T STOP US FROM WINNING!!!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Russell Coight wrote: Just heard "Fight The Power" by Public Enemy on RRR. I think that's an appropriate track for the Storm (and for us, their LOUD & PROUD fans!) at present...
and dammit, fight the power WE WILL!!!!!  :brave: :cussing: :angryfire: :director: :protest: :mumum: :angry5:

Melbourne Storm - F*CK YEAH!!!!
Whenever I read your posts Russell, because of your avatar, they always come across in a Borat voice.  ;D
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

HIGH FIVE! :badgrin:

Well we didn't quite attack like we were hoping to, but at the end of the day, we still got the win... :thumbright:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I s'pose the arm/shoulder lock will be the next whinging coach target  :roll:
Saw a version of this classic security hold used to effect by Storm tonight.The slippery suckers didn't have a counter for it,as it............
A : Locks up the ball carrying arm
B: Doesn't allow a clean offload pass
C : At no time comes in contact with the head/neck

Since Melbourne Storm employed it as an effective defence/control it MUST be illegal right  :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
lotti

yeah but I'd like to see them try and crack down on it.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Storm won on the score board and (non)grapple count.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bourbon_rat wrote: I s'pose the arm/shoulder lock will be the next whinging coach target  :roll:
Saw a version of this classic security hold used to effect by Storm tonight.The slippery suckers didn't have a counter for it,as it............
A : Locks up the ball carrying arm
B: Doesn't allow a clean offload pass
C : At no time comes in contact with the head/neck

Since Melbourne Storm employed it as an effective defence/control it MUST be illegal right  :twisted:
Illegal for us to do it, but ok for everyone else ;-)
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
lotti

how many did the Eels do?  I thought a couple looked suspect.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There were definatly a couple more grapples the reff didn't see & the tutchie was blind to

You could even see them 1/2 way up the eastern stand
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
Brisbane_Storm wrote:Again if we're talking arms around the head that's cool.  The only danger is when there is downward pressure exerted on the back of the head, and that's the real issue, and the new law will eliminate this.  Crafty bugger that bellamy is he's trying to make this about arms around the head, which it is not.  Normally I wouldn't care, but his devioiusness in this case could have cause a real tragedy on the field.  Anyway the law has changed now so it's good.  It's cool that this issue has come about, the storm are finally in the spotlight over here.
Do you have a clue?!?

The issue raised by Bennett, Civoneciva, Hagan, etc in the media this week was the GRAPPLE TACKLE!! Ie arms/hands around the neck/head area.

This bullshit about the "crusher" tackle, as it has been dubbed, ONLY got brought up AFTER those morons were proven to be a bunch of *I SHOULDN'T SWEAR, But I have anger issues!*ing hypocrits.

They can't win on the field so they try and shift the focus off the field, it's a media beat up and it's all a load of bollocks! It WON'T STOP US FROM WINNING!!!
No the crusher tackle was the original issue, but Bellamy tried to make it about the 'grapple' which it is not, he's just confusing the issue.  Again, normally I wouldn't be so non partisan, but it's a safety issue and we don't want a tragedy.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

bula wrote: Well hopefully this will motivate the boys to actually put in a 100% effort. Thats whats been lacking most of the season.
The best thing about the Storm is they always give a 100% effort They may not get 100% results but the effort is always there.

*Except for a few players in the Muppet years. They were gotten rid of when Bellamy sorted them out.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brisbane_storm wrote: The grapple tackle is dangerous and I was glad to see it was cracked down on . . . it's actually the 'crusher' tackle that's dangerous really . . . whoever started it, hopefully it's gone for good.
It & the "I'll stick my fist in your face whilst I get up from a tackle" are the bastard love children of Bennett an Co from the Alf era  ;-)

ps : I don't give a shit where you came from or where you go from here but DON'T preach to people about the sanctimonious,whining Broncos.................Shame they never quite managed to bullshit their way to winning a WCC trophy.  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields