Storm ATTACK!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Does anyone else think that the Broncos and Eels lima lima lima duck up by carrying on about the grapple tackle too much?

You heard the frustration in Bellamy's voice, you heard the anger in Waldron's voice, did you read the depth of feeling in us supporters views on these unfair attacks on OUR GREAT CLUB!!!

How are the players feeling? Do you think they are angry? Do you think they are sick of being labelled "serial grapple tacklers"? Do you think that this will bring out a desire to pound all opposition into the ground?

STORM will fire up big time over this!!!

This is the boot up the arse that the team needed to seriously kick start their finals campaign. Storm have lacked an edge in recent weeks, they've been out-enthused by lesser teams. Bennett, Petero, Hagan, etc has just given the Storm a big reason to fire up!

Watch out tonight for a STORM ATTACK!!!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well hopefully this will motivate the boys to actually put in a 100% effort. Thats whats been lacking most of the season.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Good one Surandy!!
I love this passion and emotion that is exploding from us Stormers.
I can assume, we've all been taking angry pills like they were tic tacs this week.

It's time to get medieval  :twisted: :angry4:
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just heard "Fight The Power" by Public Enemy on RRR. I think that's an appropriate track for the Storm (and for us, their LOUD & PROUD fans!) at present...
and dammit, fight the power WE WILL!!!!!  :brave: :cussing: :angryfire: :director: :protest: :mumum: :angry5:

Melbourne Storm - F*CK YEAH!!!!
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crocker has joined in on the grapple debate by firing back at Hindmarsh. Good to see
We need some mongrel out there and he is our best. Good to see Big Willie backing us azwell -
Bulldogs enforcer Willie Mason, who could make his return from a serious wrist injury against Storm next weekend, yesterday said Melbourne was a victim of "tall poppy syndrome" and other clubs were "jealous" of their dominance.

"They do everything good and I think it's the fact people aren't doing it as good as Melbourne," Mason said.

"You wouldn't be whinging if you were dominating the ruck and winning games and flogging teams like they do. Melbourne have the best wrestlers in the game and people are trying to bring them down."

Storm hit-man Michael Crocker, on the comeback trail from shoulder surgery, yesterday laughed off claims by Parramatta forward Nathan Hindmarsh that Melbourne grapple "more than any other team".

"Didn't he get charged with one a few years ago?" said Crocker, in reference to Hindmarsh escaping suspension for a grapple tackle in 2005.

"His was pretty bad from my recollection but if he thinks we're the worst at it ...

"They're very good at wrestling and if we're the best (grapplers) then they're not far behind."
Last edited by bula on Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

FORECAST FRIDAY NIGHT:

Severe Thunder STORM!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the Forwards will bash eachother i hope someone hammers Hindmarsh. Also initially thought that we'de struggle without King and Turner, maybe in defense but if Smith and Cronk bring their A-Games it dosent matter whose in the backline we'll carve up.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

this is the time we need fusi or danny 'the enforcer' williams
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Good to see Willy Mason's comments.
Even though we've copped a bit from the media this week, it is really minor compared to the scrutiny the Bulldogs get in Sydney. 

Cheers Willy for the positive comments....however, we're still planning to smash ya next week :twisted: :badgrin:
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote: Does anyone else think that the Broncos and Eels *I SHOULDN'T SWEAR, But I have anger issues!*ed up by carrying on about the grapple tackle too much?

You heard the frustration in Bellamy's voice, you heard the anger in Waldron's voice, did you read the depth of feeling in us supporters views on these unfair attacks on OUR GREAT CLUB!!!

How are the players feeling? Do you think they are angry? Do you think they are sick of being labelled "serial grapple tacklers"? Do you think that this will bring out a desire to pound all opposition into the ground?

STORM will fire up big time over this!!!

This is the boot up the arse that the team needed to seriously kick start their finals campaign. Storm have lacked an edge in recent weeks, they've been out-enthused by lesser teams. Bennett, Petero, Hagan, etc has just given the Storm a big reason to fire up!

Watch out tonight for a STORM ATTACK!!!
Again if we're talking arms around the head that's cool.  The only danger is when there is downward pressure exerted on the back of the head, and that's the real issue, and the new law will eliminate this.  Crafty bugger that bellamy is he's trying to make this about arms around the head, which it is not.  Normally I wouldn't care, but his devioiusness in this case could have cause a real tragedy on the field.  Anyway the law has changed now so it's good.  It's cool that this issue has come about, the storm are finally in the spotlight over here.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brisbane_Storm wrote: The only danger is when there is downward pressure exerted on the back of the head
:laughing3: :laughing5: Nice one Goal, if there is enough downward pressure on the back of the head can we get the benefit of the doubt??  Or will it be a Refs Call??

If you are going to troll, at least know what you are talking about.  Although I know it's a bit difficult because you only know AFL and A-League
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote:
Brisbane_Storm wrote: The only danger is when there is downward pressure exerted on the back of the head
:laughing3: :laughing5: Nice one Goal, if there is enough downward pressure on the back of the head can we get the benefit of the doubt??  Or will it be a Refs Call??

If you are going to troll, at least know what you are talking about.  Although I know it's a bit difficult because you only know AFL and A-League
I don't know why you call me goal . . . Anyway, the new law has been passed so obviously somebody agrees with me. 
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brisbane_Storm wrote: I don't know why you call me goal . . . Anyway, the new law has been passed so obviously somebody agrees with me. 
Okay Goal, if the new law has passed because "someone agrees with you", please provide us with your wisdom on other issues of the game.

1) Should we reduce the number of Interchange in the upcoming season or leave it as it is?
2) How do you prevent player burnout, should we reduce the number of games, shorten the season or expand the roster
3) How do we keep the wolves at bay (Union and ESL) from poaching NRL talent
4) Which teams should be entered into an expanded competition? Perth, Adelaide, Wellington, 4th Queensland team, Port Moresby?
5) What team do you fancy in WC2008?
6) Do you think Sione Faumaina was hard done by on Wednesday night?
7) Should there be one administration body instead of having different bodies like NSWRL, ARL, RL, CRL, QRL, NZRL, TRL  ;-)
8.) Shall we get rid of the Golden Point and just have a Penalty Shootout to determine drawn games;
9) Should Freddy get the job?  and finally;
10) Does Sam look better in cornrows or an afro??

Please let us know and then you can pass it onto David
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote:
Brisbane_Storm wrote: I don't know why you call me goal . . . Anyway, the new law has been passed so obviously somebody agrees with me. 
Okay Goal, if the new law has passed because "someone agrees with you", please provide us with your wisdom on other issues of the game.

1) Should we reduce the number of Interchange in the upcoming season or leave it as it is?
2) How do you prevent player burnout, should we reduce the number of games, shorten the season or expand the roster
3) How do we keep the wolves at bay (Union and ESL) from poaching NRL talent
4) Which teams should be entered into an expanded competition? Perth, Adelaide, Wellington, 4th Queensland team, Port Moresby?
5) What team do you fancy in WC2008?
6) Do you think Sione Faumaina was hard done by on Wednesday night?
7) Should there be one administration body instead of having different bodies like NSWRL, ARL, RL, CRL, QRL, NZRL, TRL  ;-)
8.) Shall we get rid of the Golden Point and just have a Penalty Shootout to determine drawn games;
9) Should Freddy get the job?  and finally;
10) Does Sam look better in cornrows or an afro??

Please let us know and then you can pass it onto David
Why do you call me goal?

Read my post  . . .Anyway, the new law has been passed SO obviously somebody agrees with me.  I didn't say that I am the cause of the new law being passed. 
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Whoa - Goal, that sidestep would even make Benji proud  :badgrin: