grapples.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Quite a fair bit of discussion on SEN today about the issue. Couldn't listen to it in detail - had someone in the car today.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote: Quite a fair bit of discussion on SEN today about the issue. Couldn't listen to it in detail - had someone in the car today.
It wouldn't surprise me, every time the media jumps on the "Storm do grapple tackles" bandwagon, the ex-AFL players on SEN jump on board and sink the boot into the Storm. Another reason I don't like SEN.
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote: Okay, the powers to the refs and judiciary have been expanded in regards to the definition of a grapple tackle.

It is time for us all to wish KARMA upon Petero Civinoceva (sp?) for him to be the next player to be penalised and placed on report for a grapple tackle!
Sounds fair enough to me. Karma police, arrest this man (Civoniceva)...he buzzes like a fridge, he's like a de-tuned radio...this is what you'll get when you mess with us, Broncos!!! :thefinger:

(Phew, for a minute there I lost myself, I lost myself ;-) )

Yes I know, that was a very lame joke but someone had to say it... :P
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
lotti

Petero had 5 illegal tackles ignored by Hampstead Sunday so he should keep his big mouth closed.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surandy wrote:
Buzz wrote: Quite a fair bit of discussion on SEN today about the issue. Couldn't listen to it in detail - had someone in the car today.
It wouldn't surprise me, every time the media jumps on the "Storm do grapple tackles" bandwagon, the ex-AFL players on SEN jump on board and sink the boot into the Storm. Another reason I don't like SEN.
In fairness to SEN they were on our side or certainly Mark Doran was.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Video from yesterdays media conference with Waldron and Bellamy can be viewed...... HERE! :) 
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote: Video from yesterdays media conference with Waldron and Bellamy can be viewed...... HERE! :) 
And did you see the readers' comments at the end of that article?!?!  Mostly Sydney people still being brainwashed by the Sydney/Queensland media FFS (especially this kind of shit from the Courier Mail http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html
Madness
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

You know I always thought a grapple tackle meant grabbing their knackers. hahahahahahaha

I was a tad confused when they kept showing blokes grabbing blokes around the head...im thinking... i can't see him grabbing his cobblers there!!!!!

Don't you just love AFL fans?  :mrgreen:
*Most people I know, think that I'm crazy*
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Madness wrote: You know I always thought a grapple tackle meant grabbing their knackers. hahahahahahaha

I was a tad confused when they kept showing blokes grabbing blokes around the head...im thinking... i can't see him grabbing his cobblers there!!!!!

Don't you just love AFL fans?   :mrgreen:
Rofl Madness - that's a squirrel grip  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i recon when we play manly
we should give them a re-visit of the famous hoppawateeee or how ever the fu** u spell it

just to decide who has the longest fingers at the club

AHH im joking
relax bro
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: i recon when we play manly
we should give them a re-visit of the famous hoppawateeee or how ever the fu** u spell it

just to decide who has the longest fingers at the club

AHH im joking
relax bro
That is one of the foulest things I've ever heard done in sport, up there with Tyson biting the ear off.  :puke:
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Tigger wrote:
Madness wrote: You know I always thought a grapple tackle meant grabbing their knackers. hahahahahahaha

Actually - that's a tackle grapple! :)
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

The grapple tackle isn't what we're doing wrong . . . Bellamy's just confusing the issue.  The problem is that we are putting pressure on the back of the head when we tackle . . .  as someone who knows how to break a man's neck, it's very close.  Anyway a new law has come into effect banning that kind of action, hopefully we can have a clean game tonight.
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

jellyhead wrote:
Buzz wrote: Video from yesterdays media conference with Waldron and Bellamy can be viewed...... HERE! :) 
And did you see the readers' comments at the end of that article?!?!  Mostly Sydney people still being brainwashed by the Sydney/Queensland media FFS (especially this kind of shit from the Courier Mail http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html
Good.  I want other teams to hate us . . . of course I'm used to it with the Broncos ;)
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote:
Tigger wrote:

I thought it was called a Christmas Hold.  :o

Actually - that's a tackle grapple! :)
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately