Grand Final Ticket Information

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While I no longer post on here I still thought this information should be passed on to ALL Storm supporters.

Like last year I've been given some ticketing information very early.

The tickets for the two competing teams in the Grand Final that are released on the Monday before the Grand Final (Bays 102 and 103) and (Bays 112 and 113) have been ear marked already.

Since tickets go on sale this Monday for the Club members and knowing some members will get tickets in this round while some will wait until the Monday before I would let ever one know.

Like last year IF Storm make the Grand Final Bays 102 and 103 will be the area allocated to Melbourne Storm Supporters on the MONDAY before the game, and not before.

If you are getting tickets on Monday you may want to keep this in mind.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tickets go on sale in 6 days?

Geez, too bad if anyone wanted to know about this...

Both ticketek and the telstra stadium site have nothing!
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The information is on the Storm website, and most of the other club websites.  It's not released to the general public til after members/season ticket holders have had their bite.

Re bays 102/103, are there tickets from all categories or is that just GA?
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thanks for that Stormwarning - handy to know roughly where might be Melb friendly sections of the stadium
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
samo
Squall
Squall

so if next monday 13th august we take the "chance" and buy grand final tickets we should ask for bay 102 or 103??

where are those bays situated e.g. cat 1, 2 or 3 seats and position in stadium, any help would be greatly appreciated

shaun
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

samo wrote: so if next monday 13th august we take the "chance" and buy grand final tickets we should ask for bay 102 or 103??

where are those bays situated e.g. cat 1, 2 or 3 seats and position in stadium, any help would be greatly appreciated

shaun
near the deadball line
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I could be wrong (which is often) but weren't the allocated tickets last year for the two competing teams situated in the general admission areas? This is last years seating chart below which i dare say will be exactly the same this year and going by where bays 102 - 103 these are in category 1 ($155) and category 2 ($115) as are the other 2 bays for the opposition team.

Now i could've sworn that when we waited for the Monday to get our tickets last year that the only ones available to the competing teams were in the GA section hence we sat there. Is that right or am i coming across as if i've been smoking something i shouldn't have?  :o

Last edited by Ice on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote: I could be wrong (which is often) but weren't the allocated tickets last year for the two competing teams situated in the general admission areas? This is last years seating chart below and going by where bays 102 - 103 these are in category 1 ($155) and category 2 ($115) as are the other 2 bays for the opposition team.

Now i could've sworn that when we waited for the Monday to get our tickets last year that the only ones available to the competing teams were in the GA section hence we sat there. Is that right or am i coming across as if i've been smoking something i shouldn't have?  :o

oh see i sat in catergory 2 area

102 - 101

it was right on the dead ball line

kind of like where i sit at OP

next to the fence that seperates the standing area and the reserved area
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What was the seat like last year in 102 Nacho? We had it all planned this year to get as close to the 50 as possible but if where you sat last year was decent enough and it'll be allocated to Storm fans should we make it then we might just sit there instead.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote: What was the seat like last year in 102 Nacho? We had it all planned this year to get as close to the 50 as possible but if where you sat last year was decent enough and it'll be allocated to Storm fans should we make it then we might just sit there instead.
u can go on the Telstra Stadium website and select that area of the stadium and it gives u a photo of the view you get, which is good

i thought my seats were great
ur high enough to see everything plus you can see the tries easy

i also sat near Kearns and his guest Aaron hamill so it aint too shabby  :lol:

but yeah id check it out on the telstra stadium website first

http://www.telstrastadium.com.au/virtua ... link_id=15

- then click seating plan and as u click the sections it gives u the view u get

what i saw on the GF night and what i see on the site are differnt because they havnt gotten all  possible angles down yet
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think we can ask for the two bays SW was talking about.  I understood him to mean they are the bays reserved for the week leading up to the game assuming we make it.  I am looking at buying tickets in bay 146 I think

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

We (about 8 of us this year) will be trying to get as close to the 50 line as possible again this year. 
Last year I think we were in about bay 110 down near the fence (only cos when you ask em to check what else is available you lose the hold on the seats you were looking at) and it was a great day!!  Sure we had Brisbane supporters around us - but we also had Storm supporters close by too  :D  There was no trouble (apart from a silly girlie with her too long streamers getting in Buzz's face, but when asked she stopped) We met up with friends all over the place.
I'm sorry guys but I think the 'supporters' area is a crap option...it's tucked away in a corner where you'd be lucky to see the light of day  ;-) I know there are a few people who wont get their tickets til we're a sure thing (ya got no faith peoples!!  :P) the 50m line's only available to the public on the one side anyway ;-) :)

Btw, I do know pricing has lots to do with where people sit too ok  :D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote: I don't think we can ask for the two bays SW was talking about.  I understood him to mean they are the bays reserved for the week leading up to the game assuming we make it.  I am looking at buying tickets in bay 146 I think

I really need to learn how to read properly  :lol:
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

I sat in 604 ish st year, still saw everything really good, saw turners try in the corner first up. The walk up there seems to take awhile though. Not as quick as the walk back  :(
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon I sat in either 144 or 143 last year.  Think I might just move around slightly