When's that Storm "promo" they filmed being shown?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just wondering if anyone knows when that stuff that was filmed about 8 weeks ago at OP is going to be shown? They said around late July/early August it should be on.
Or have I missed it already?
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I don't think it's been on yet Smacka (unless I've missed it too).  In fact, I haven't seen anything with Matt Tilley and Jackie O advertised so who knows - it is Channel 9 after all.  ::)
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I saw Jackie O on "The Nation" last week, and that reminded me of it ... but as you say it IS channel 9 after all isn't it? hmmmmm ...
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Those that were there are the ones that know what it was all about (i wasn't one of them) so was it for an advert or a new tv program or something else??? If it was for a new TV show, its possible that ch 9 canned it?
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hailstorm wrote: Those that were there are the ones that know what it was all about (i wasn't one of them) so was it for an advert or a new tv program or something else??? If it was for a new TV show, its possible that ch 9 canned it?

It was definitely NOT an advert.  I'm pretty sure they did say it was for a new show.  At first I thought it was The Nation because of the Jackie O connection but they definitely mentioned Matt Tilley too.
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

jellyhead wrote: I don't think it's been on yet Smacka (unless I've missed it too).  In fact, I haven't seen anything with Matt Tilley and Jackie O advertised so who knows - it is Channel 9 after all.   ::)
Aren't Tilley and JackieO both working at foxfm?
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brisbane_Storm wrote:
jellyhead wrote: I don't think it's been on yet Smacka (unless I've missed it too).  In fact, I haven't seen anything with Matt Tilley and Jackie O advertised so who knows - it is Channel 9 after all.   ::)
Aren't Tilley and JackieO both working at foxfm?
Yes, but not together.  Matt Tilley does 6am - 9am with Jo Stanley and Jackie O is on air from 6pm - 7pm with Kyle.
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

there is a new show called 10 things to try before you die starring Jules Lund wonder if its that
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mikey wrote: there is a new show called 10 things to try before you die starring Jules Lund wonder if its that
I saw that Mikey but I just can't see how what we saw could fit into a show called that.
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What was filmed on the night was more of a comedy sketch, with the one guy featuring in different little scenarios, involving the players, spectators, cheerleaders etc. Definitely not a promo and as Jellyhead says, they told us it was for a new show. It wouldn't be for the 10 Things To Try show as they are all ACTUAL things you can do.  I guess I'll tune in to the Nation tonight and for a few weeks to see if it turns up. Then again it may have been canned - who knows. I might ring the Storm and see if anyone there has any idea when it might be on.
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I've spoken the Melbourne Storm via email and fortunately the show hasn't gone to air yet.
It's going to be on a new show in September sometime and when the club finds out an exact date of when it's going to air, they are going to let all members know.
So it's not going to be on The Nation as I thought it might have been.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I was thinking about this the other night and was contemplating ringing channel nine or Storm.  Thanks for the update Smacka.  ;-)
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Its a pitty the storm dont put together a music CD, and I'm not talking about players singing like on the footy show, although that is good entainment sometimes.
What I mean is "Songs of the storm 2007" or something like that.
It could have the songs that the cheerleaders dance to before the game and of course it would have to have thunderstruck. maybe even include the dancy version they play at the start of the game too!

I will need something to get me thru the summer
lotti

it could have I like the way you move by the body rockers on it, it's what's played after a successful kick, there's also I feel good by James Brown that's played after a try.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There are heaps of songs they could put on it.
And of course the team song has to be included. I forgot that one.

Dont know how much for the rights to these songs
I thought Molly Meldrum was a supporter, he could run with this.

The cover would be a team photo shot, with other photos inside the cover.

"Songs of the STORM 2007"

I cant believe the number of fans out there wearing Storm merchandise, its a wonderful site! I always wear something storm on weekends and almost every time I get a positive comment when Im out. Its a shame nine wont show us, have they even tried and shown a game live this year to test the waters.