Storm man petition

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

This is just to raise the profile of the petition started by Buzz (I think)
Sign the online petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/ms200707/petition.html and let's get this thing changed!
Not much activity lately so email every person you know who follows the storm, supports the storm, and even the ones you can bully :violent1::evil1:.
Last edited by Buzz on Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

C'mon folks - even some Storm staff hate this thing! Get going - send out emails to all you know! Let's get old Storm man back!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Got a call from the club, they've asked me in on Thursday to have a chat ("be educated") in the reasons for the change of design. I'll take a copy of the petition, along with any other comments. Will be interesting to hear their thoughts! Will also post details of the discussion afterwards...
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Buzz,

If they can't hear the majority of the fans, or don't recognise the petition as being representative of most storm supporters, please explore the option of getting permission to set up petitions inside the gates at the next home game. We need to prove that this was a spectacularly bad move. ...... very 'new coke'.

I'd be happy to help organise a 'live' petition signing if people think it is worth persuing.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

My vote would be to ask them if they really, really truly, want the club's identity to be represented by a mascot who looks like an oversize penis.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Perhaps we need to all boo when the new Storm 'man' runs out. Maybe that will give them the message?
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

if they say its the kids they are wrong my kids hate it!!!!

And so do others we know.

To  be honest I don't really care what their reasons are its an eyesore and embarrassing to have this marshmallow as a representative of our club
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

NIce work Buzz, being called in for a meeting!

Perhaps a club logo might be helpful in showing what Storm Man is SUPPOSED to look like? And what the colours are supposed to be - blue, purple NOT pink, gold and white. And while the petiton may be small it absolutely represents what most Storm supporters think about the new Storm Man. I sit between the 40 and 50 metre line in the Eastern Stand and NOBODY around us likes it - we all think it's embarrassing and degrading of our fabulous club.

So they can shove their new Storm Man where he fits..........
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I was hoping to get a live petition going if we don't get any success... And from the sounds of it, we won't... Looks like we'll need to be re-educated into why the "new" storm man is an "improved" storm man....
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz is it possable to email all the members of the board letting them know about the Pettition.
I don't get on here much anymore but support such a pettition and only found it by accident.

Hope the meeting goes well.
If you need support from a Graphic Artist I can come with you on Thursday.
Let me know

:D
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the thing that needs to be changed about storm man the most is THE QUAD BIKE

i loved that bike, we shud bring it back
but nooooo, honda dusnt sponser us anymore :(
he only fell off once  :lol:
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: the thing that needs to be changed about storm man the most is THE QUAD BIKE

I loved that bike, we should bring it back
but nooooo, Honda doesn't sponsor us anymore :(
I'm sure Astoria Honda would offer back Stormy's Quad bike if MOPT/Storm could work out the outrageously expensive Public Liability Insurance  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bourbon_rat wrote:
nacho wrote: the thing that needs to be changed about storm man the most is THE QUAD BIKE

I loved that bike, we should bring it back
but nooooo, Honda doesn't sponsor us anymore :(
I'm sure Astoria Honda would offer back Stormy's Quad bike if MOPT/Storm could work out the outrageously expensive Public Liability Insurance  ;-)
I thought he wasn't allowed to use it because it damaged the new athletics track?
lotti

what Melbourne's thinking of bidding for another international athletics meet?
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Buzz wrote: Got a call from the club, they've asked me in on Thursday to have a chat ("be educated") in the reasons for the change of design. I'll take a copy of the petition, along with any other comments. Will be interesting to hear their thoughts! Will also post details of the discussion afterwards...
Well .... Thursdays half over, i can't hold my breath much longer  :-&  whats going on.

BTW good idea on the mailout  =D>