Cowbell in Laz Stand

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
lotti

Tigger wrote: I have absolutely no problem with the cowbell - as long as it's used with a chant.  What I said was that whilst watching the game last week, the cowbell seemed to be getting hit willy nilly at times without any rhythm whatsoever.

The cowbell is a part of Storm games as much as the cheergirls and Storm man (the good one  ;-)) and it was just really annoying to hear it going off lots with just 'clang, clang, clang, clang, clang, clang.....'  That's what I could hear over the tv.

All that needs to be done is (and you can do this no matter how noisy it is around you) to get your own rhythm going and everyone will follow.   These:  (hard to type but....) "Mel-bourne - tap, tap tap" "Mel-bourne - tap, tap tap" and the "tap, tap -  tap, tap, tap - tap, tap, tap, tap - Melbourne", those are the two main ones we hear every week.

The bells in the Western and Eastern stands normally get along well - and they do get the crowd in sync.   :D

One thing Dave, if it was Storm cake doing that constant clanging without rhythm - hit him in the head with it next game................please  :lol:
yeah our Storm Man, with the cowbells it's good that it's on the side the boys aren't making plays on so they don't get distracted.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I sit in the Laz stand and the bell sounds good to me.

I must admit, the sound of it on TV, when I watched the replay on the weekend, definately had no tune.
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

I am in the Lazarus stand above the cowbell and I love it.Iam sure some of you remember the old lady at Canberra Stadium who rang her cowbell.(in the early years when we did'nt win there).
What we do today will echo in eternity
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Tigger wrote: I have absolutely no problem with the cowbell - as long as it's used with a chant.  What I said was that whilst watching the game last week, the cowbell seemed to be getting hit willy nilly at times without any rhythm whatsoever.

One thing Dave, if it was Storm cake doing that constant clanging without rhythm - hit him in the head with it next game................please  :lol:
The short burst of banging  - sometimes i do that after a try, like clapping with a bell - easy to stop and stick to the 2 rhythms mentioned.

Storm Man has good rhythm, except in the early days when he would constantly smash the drum sticks, that would sound weird, but it gave the crowd a laugh. Now I use a piece of 1inch hardwood dowell, it splinters but it will never break :)

Thank you all for your encouragement - it is nice to know I'm doing some good.
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

I'm a big fan of the cowbell - we miss having you guys over in the Nikau stand!! The kicking song just isn't the same without you all  :icon_frown: :'(
lotti

there's one in the Nikau stand I hear it during games.
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Mini Chick wrote: I'm a big fan of the cowbell - we miss having you guys over in the Nikau stand!! The kicking song just isn't the same without you all  :icon_frown: :'(
:oops:  awww shucks ...
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote: Gods no.
Ever been to a bunnies home game? It doesn't take long until it annoys the **** out of me.
I've only seen/ heard the Rabbitohs drumline on TV.  I never realised it would get so annoying.
The drummers at Mt Smart stadium for the Warriors game sounds good (the drumming reminds me of the old Hawaii Five-0)
I wouldn't mind getting drummers like them but I believe they are unique aspect for the Warriors Home Support.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Andy wrote: I sit in the Laz stand and the bell sounds good to me.

I must admit, the sound of it on TV, when I watched the replay on the weekend, definately had no tune.

One would imagine that would have more to do with the speed that sound travels than anything else.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I also noticed the continuous clanging last saturday in the Lazarus stand, and found it a little pointless.  There was no tune or point to it.  Better to stick to what people are familiar with, or if trying something new, at least get a tune or rhythm involved like the existing two tunes.

That said, in the cold weather, people didn't seem to want to use their lungs.  I'm guessing the crowd was either under the weather or felt the risk of catching something was too high.  Whatshisname with the microphone should not have tried so hard during the last two home games.  Fortunately our next home game is in mid August and it ought to be warmer by then.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
lotti

whathisname's name is Cactus, well that's what the players call him.  He answers to Thomo as well.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

lotti wrote: whathisname's name is Cactus, well that's what the players call him.  He answers to Thomo as well.
](*,) Chris 'Cactus' Couch
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

bourbon_rat wrote:
lotti wrote: whathisname's name is Cactus, well that's what the players call him.  He answers to Thomo as well.
](*,) Chris 'Cactus' Couch
Chris 'Cactus' Couch is Storm's media manager, Troy 'Thommo' Thomson is Storm's head trainer (and man of the match for the Raiders a couple of years ago in a game against Storm at Canberra Stadium ;) ).