MELBOURNE STORM v PARRAMATTA EELS - ROUND 23 @ OP

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote: a news story from Foxsports News
Fox News.  Fair and Balanced.

ROFL!

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1067

I still remember one time a few months back when the boys on NRL on Fox used the term Fair and Balanced, followed by a brief pause, then they all had a quick chuckle.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

I thought Fox was on our side :)
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:
Surandy wrote: Strange that Fitzy has been silent on the grapple tackle issue given that we are playing them this week. Perhaps he knows that his players do them too and he actually has a smidgeon of intelligence in that peanut brain of his?
Hagan has gone on about it somewhere.
I'm surprised it took Dennis the Menace, so long to open his mouth

Hindmarsh says Storm worst offenders
By Dean Ritchie
August 16, 2007 PARRAMATTA forward Nathan Hindmarsh has set up an explosive match tomorrow night by claiming that Melbourne is the NRL's most prolific grapple tackler.

Hindmarsh said last night that he would be "pretty p-----. off" if he became the victim of a grapple tackle.

The New South Wales and Australia forward said that Melbourne's dominance at the ruck had also been exposed.

Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald also named Melbourne as the chief experts at grapple tackling.

Storm has won 40 of its past 48 games, prompting Hindmarsh to say: "They are always good at dominating the ruck and opposition sides are now finding out how they are doing it and they're disagreeing.

"If I end up with a neck injury, I'll be pretty p----- off. The issue has been raised before with Melbourne. It isn't a one-off.

"From what you see, Melbourne - and I'm not sure if they are being targeted - do it more than any other team. A few images I saw on television seemed to be a bit more deliberate.

"I'm sure we're all guilty of doing it at some stage but (Melbourne) do do it.

Fitzgerald said the NRL and referees must closely scrutinise the grapple tackle.

"Ensuring players stay away from the head or neck region will ensure quicker play-the-balls which will benefit the game, especially in Melbourne where we are desperate tp attract more supporters," he said.

Parramatta interchange player P.J. Marsh is concerned at the grapple tackle drama, as he has had previous neck problems.

Marsh damaged neck ligaments in 2003 and was ruled out for the season.

"I've been cleared with my neck but it would worry me if I was grabbed there," Marsh said.

"The grapple tackle can't be good for anyone.

"I can't recall being grapple tackled but I've been grabbed around the neck a few times. I don't think it was intentional. It happens when you slip up and it happens to be around the neck.

"It is a dangerous area and it can be worrying."

The NRL will review the grapple tackle at the end of this season.

"We have instructed referees and the match review committee to remain vigilant for the rest of the year," NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said.

"However, at the end of the year we need all parties together to address a more permanent solution. We need this so that we're not dealing with the same issue every season."

Sharks coach Ricky Stuart is not blaming referees for the grapple tackle.

"The blokes on the sideline and in the video box - who consistently and too much are the in the ear of the referee - are the ones to blame," Stuart said.

"They should adjudicate and leave the referee alone. Let the ref adjudicate the game."
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

you can tell that tomorow its gonna be penalties to the eels the whole time even if its not a grapple, just to keep them happy
like its been with every team thats complained!
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

To bloody well end all this shite - why not make anything above the shoulders illegal, be it on the way down or the way up!!!
That'd stop all this friggin crap wouldn't it??  :P
The one thing I really hate (from any team) is the habit of pushing a blokes face into the ground while you're getting up, it shites me no end, I'd come up swinging if someone did that to me!  :x
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

we'll just have to be on our best behaviour, until Parra starts playing dirty that is which knowing them will be almost straight away.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote: To bloody well end all this shite - why not make anything above the shoulders illegal, be it on the way down or the way up!!!
The one thing I really hate (from any team) is the habit of pushing a blokes face into the ground while you're getting up, it shites me no end, I'd come up swinging if someone did that to me!  :x
what hurts more is the bloke whos tackled u trying to get up while holding u down
pushing all his weight on to your sternum while ur trying to move like a fish out of water
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

That's what I mean nacho - probably could've worded it better tho  :?

I mean when you've been tackled and the guy is getting up from tackling you and he presses his hand/forearm/elbow into the face - not friggin good no matter who does it!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote: That's what I mean nacho - probably could've worded it better tho  :?

I mean when you've been tackled and the guy is getting up from tackling you and he presses his hand/forearm/elbow into the face - not friggin good no matter who does it!
yeah, and thats why some refs have to call 'held' earlier to stop all that crap happening in the ruck
lotti

it happens anyway though, tomorrow's going to be rather good I don't let my hatred for Parramatta out as often as I like.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote: Just watched the most absolutely pathetic excuse for a news story from Foxsports News regarding the "new laws". Towards the end of the story he finally talks about tomorrows game being at Olympic Park - a graveyard for visiting teams... "But Olympic Park used to have a greyhound track next to it, and that might provide extra motivation for Mark Riddell, who has just invested in two dishlickers..."

Wha? Huh? I'm sorry - for a moment there I thought I was watching Today Tonight! Are you serious? Can you seriously be serious? How can the fact that there used to be a greyhound track... ah forget it.... It's not like you were practicing serious journalism anyways... you know - balanced, fair.. none of this "tackling style predominantly used by the premiership favourites..."

Bah
Buzz, I saw that too and did a double take!!  ROFL.  If Mark Riddell is under any illusions about the greyhound connection helping him tomorrow night, well I would suggest medication.  That reporter needs some too.  :P  What a flapwit  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote: To bloody well end all this shite - why not make anything above the shoulders illegal, be it on the way down or the way up!!!
THANK YOU!!!!

I thought I was the only one that hated players doing that!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
THANK YOU!!!!

I thought I was the only one that hated players doing that!
I absolutely detest that kind of shit too. It's a slur on the game.  :x

And another thing - *I SHOULDN'T SWEAR, But I have anger issues!* OFF FITZGERALD!!! GO BACK TO THE 1950'S YOU BLINKERED *I SHOULDN'T SWEAR, But I have anger issues!*WIT!!!  :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: angry9: angry9: angry9: :stfu: :stfu: :stfu: :tool: :knob: :mumum: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

FU*K OFF FITZGERALD,
FU*K OFF PARRAMATTA,
FU*K OFF FITZGERALD,
FU*K OFF PARRAMATTA.

If you hear this chant at the game on Friday, then you know who started it.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
lotti

oh I will, might even join in since I hate Parramatta.