MELBOURNE STORM v PARRAMATTA EELS - ROUND 23 @ OP

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

i think the strengths we have is that inglis and boofa can cover any back row position, and hoffy has played center before, so i think going with a forward bench is a better bet, in the UK wigan were the first team to do this and they won for years, so its proved its worth many times if you have a versatile team
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
lotti

not our only ones though.  God it feels a little weird that I'm facing the prospect of going to my 11th game of the season(not counting the trial) normally it's just 1 game a season I go to.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

storm_rhinos wrote: i think the strengths we have is that inglis and boofa can cover any back row position, and hoffy has played center before, so i think going with a forward bench is a better bet, in the UK wigan were the first team to do this and they won for years, so its proved its worth many times if you have a versatile team
Also, I think Jer Smith have played Centre for us a few years back (that was before he bulked up and turned into a monster).
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: king is leaving , that dusnt mean we can kick him out of the team.
we shouldnt base our line up about who is leaving the club at the end of the season
King is a starting player, Aubusson is a second stringer. 

Aubusson had a great future at the Storm coming up, though not at number nine for as long as Cameron Smith still has two functioning arms and two functioning legs.  He chose to throw it away well before he reached his potential, to sign with an "also ran" team like the Roosters.  That's a very puzzling decision.

King on the other hand earned his place on the starting line up and has done the years he was contracted to do, exercising the option to leave for the UK at the time the contract said he could.  He's reached the limit of what he can do (and earn) in the NRL.  That's a very logical point at which he's welcome to leave with no regrets IMHO.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
lotti

any word on the ref?
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Archer.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
lotti

oh no not Archer, at least he's better than Hampstead, Clarke and Simpkins.  What about the video ref?  Please don't say Ward or Harrigan.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

mrpc wrote:Aubusson had a great future at the Storm coming up, though not at number nine for as long as Cameron Smith still has two functioning arms and two functioning legs.  He chose to throw it away well before he reached his potential, to sign with an "also ran" team like the Roosters.  That's a very puzzling decision.
Not that puzzling. With the departure of Wing from the Roosters Roy sees a chance for a regular starting spot, something he is well down on the pecking order for at the Storm. He also has the chance to link back up with his younger brother Mitch.
lotti

which will lead to the Roosters possibly benefitting from the backyard footy they used to play.
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

Anyone have denis fitzgerald's comments on the storm so I can go through them?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

argh.... a bad time for me to come down with the flu

i hope im healthy by tomorow at least!
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: argh.... a bad time for me to come down with the flu
The flu hit me yesterday as well.  Yeech.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mrpc wrote:
nacho wrote: argh.... a bad time for me to come down with the flu
The flu hit me yesterday as well.  Yeech.
i got it monday morning, slowly getting better.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:roll:

A cold is not the bloody flu. Why is it when men catch a cold they are automatically dying of the flu?  If you had the flu, you would know about it.............

Bloody sooks.

:P
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

jellyhead wrote: :roll:

A cold is not the bloody flu. Why is it when men catch a cold they are automatically dying of the flu?  If you had the flu, you would know about it.............

Bloody sooks.

:P
But isn't the cold just one rung below the Ebola Virus, in the Sickie ladder??  :sad4: :sleepy3: :sad2:  Us Men know these things  ;D
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]