MELBOURNE STORM v PARRAMATTA EELS - ROUND 23 @ OP

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Who doesn't matta?
PARRA DOESN'T MATTA!

Seriously... one thing that I'm almost convinced about with tomorrow tonights game is we should see a remarkably few number of penalties against Storm. Every previous "crackdown" has always resulted in the team playing Storm being more heavily penalised almost in a show by the referees that every club is doing this.

Of course, the fact that Storm has come out so publicly this time to actually show the proof everyone so blindly ignores might work against us.

The grapple slur is just the current "phase" of Operation Storm's End. Phase one focussed solely on our connection to News Ltd, and therefore tainted with the same Superleague brush. Phase 1a was Storm Man and his Asparagus fetish and Skirt Wearing phase. Phase 2 was Central Coast Storm or Gold Coast Storm. And for the last four years, Phase 3 has been in operation - Grapples.

If NRL clubs don't like our tackling technique, why is it that the majority of them use the same wrestling coach as Storm - the VERY SAME? If they are so abhorred by high tackles and grapples and "crusher" tackles, why is it that EVERY SINGLE lima lima lima duck CLUB does the same. Oh how I wish I had the technology at my disposal... and a heck of a lot of time. I'd love to compile vision from every game this year, from EVERY club and show how EVERY player can be considered guilty of illegal tackles.

Why is it that the biggest dog of a player out there at the moment, Paul Gallen, has escaped real scrutiny over his tackling, head slamming, foot stomping etc. Every week, every game...
lotti

just as long as Archer pays attention to the misdeeds of Parramatta as well I'll be happy, ahh I'm going to love tonight's game.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i can tell this whole thing about the grapple is going to be making the storm focus on the forward pack of parra , and there backline is going to run right over ours
that will be our downfall tonight
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: i can tell this whole thing about the grapple is going to be making the storm focus on the forward pack of parra , and there backline is going to run right over ours
Have to disagree there Nach, the Eels backline will be too busy trying to defend the likes of Iz, Will, Billy, Greg and co.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

Buzz wrote: Who doesn't matta?
PARRA DOESN'T MATTA!

Seriously... one thing that I'm almost convinced about with tomorrow tonights game is we should see a remarkably few number of penalties against Storm. Every previous "crackdown" has always resulted in the team playing Storm being more heavily penalised almost in a show by the referees that every club is doing this.

Of course, the fact that Storm has come out so publicly this time to actually show the proof everyone so blindly ignores might work against us.

The grapple slur is just the current "phase" of Operation Storm's End. Phase one focussed solely on our connection to News Ltd, and therefore tainted with the same Superleague brush. Phase 1a was Storm Man and his Asparagus fetish and Skirt Wearing phase. Phase 2 was Central Coast Storm or Gold Coast Storm. And for the last four years, Phase 3 has been in operation - Grapples.

If NRL clubs don't like our tackling technique, why is it that the majority of them use the same wrestling coach as Storm - the VERY SAME? If they are so abhorred by high tackles and grapples and "crusher" tackles, why is it that EVERY SINGLE *I SHOULDN'T SWEAR, But I have anger issues!*ING CLUB does the same. Oh how I wish I had the technology at my disposal... and a heck of a lot of time. I'd love to compile vision from every game this year, from EVERY club and show how EVERY player can be considered guilty of illegal tackles.

Why is it that the biggest dog of a player out there at the moment, Paul Gallen, has escaped real scrutiny over his tackling, head slamming, foot stomping etc. Every week, every game...
I don't like those 'submit' maneuvers where they push the head forward and down like they're trying to make the guy blow himself. 
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote:
nacho wrote: i can tell this whole thing about the grapple is going to be making the storm focus on the forward pack of parra , and there backline is going to run right over ours
Have to disagree there Nach, the Eels backline will be too busy trying to defend the likes of Iz, Will, Billy, Greg and co.
hmm i recon iz, will and billy will have there heads screwed on right tonight
not sure bout inglis

izzy , inu and hayne were like best mates during school, i read an article in the herald sun. so it will be interesting to see how that goes with those 3
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Question regarding Parking.
I usually park around Richmond Station but due to the AFL match across the road, all street parking will more than like be taken.

How much does the Coles parking lot in Swan St. charge?
Is there an option for all day parking, or is it limited to two hours?

I know there is parking at the 'G but I hate getting out of there after the game.

Cheers
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote: Question regarding Parking.
I usually park around Richmond Station but due to the AFL match across the road, all street parking will more than like be taken.

How much does the Coles parking lot in Swan St. charge?
Is there an option for all day parking, or is it limited to two hours?

I know there is parking at the 'G but I hate getting out of there after the game.

Cheers
u no the Richmond Training oval? near the 'G' , u can park there its always open and its free. thats where we have been parking for the past 4 years

trouble is that with a AFL match on there aswell then theres going to be a lot of traffic on hoddle st (i think its hoddle)
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Peace Nach for the info.

I might try that for the Tits game.  Forget about it tonight.

i know what you are referring to.  It's the mystery road that is Hoddle Street and then all of a sudden it's transform into Punt Rd
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well, we kept our winning record at home in tact.......however..............I want to see us BURY the opposition and soon!
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Um, did Will Chambers sit on the bench the entire game?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
lotti

I shouldn't go to Parramatta games, I yell way too much at them(I yelled at them more than I yelled at the Broncos Sunday) and not at the Storm.  My thoat's sore from yelling so much.  Do you guys know if anyone found a right purple glove?  I lost it before the game somewhere inside the ground.  Also Jeremy Smith(could always ask him next time I go to training) his dad, did he play for the VRL at all?  My dad used to play with an Alan Smith down here.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Attack still struggling a bit, but the defense is pretty damn good. Izzy did magnificently against Tahu.

Slater did some great work, especially given the amount of attention the eels gave him (and his head in particular).

Excellent last dip by Coops!

Real finals footy, it will be like this from here on in. Need to step up further, but a good start!
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Bankstown SCUM will rip us to shreds next week if we play like we have the last few weeks. Another pathetic second half effort even though the Eels put a lot of pressure on us. The wet conditions did'nt help us either.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Defense definitely won it for us tonight. It was not a pretty game, and the conditions only made it worse, but there's still plenty of room for improvement. On the up-side, a win's a win, we'll take it...Bulldogs away will be a major test, but if we stay focused, we can come through it...
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH