Storm vs. Roosters @ Aussie Stadium 27/07

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I booked my flights about 2 months ago for the Round 20 grudge match between my Storm and my wife's Roosters at Aussie Stadium.

Since then, I've been trying to book my reserved tickets to the game (we prefer seated tickets as close to the middle as possible), but the Ticketek website has only had Premium Reserved tickets available for this game since way back then.  Does anyone know if this is a normal thing for Ticketek or Aussie Stadium not to offer Standard Reserved tickets?

Standard Reserved tickets are $32 compared to the $40 Premium Reserved tickets.  I couldn't imagine this game getting remotely close to sold out, so what are people's opinions on buying tickets for this game?  Do I just bite the bullet and pay the $80 for my two tickets, do I wait for gameday, or does someone have any other inside tips for Aussie Stadium ticket purchasing?

Thanks!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

You'll be able to buy reserved seating on the night, if you don't wish to queue I'd just buy them the week before the match.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks for the reply bella.  Were you saying that Standard Reserved tickets will be available on the night, or just the Premium Reserved tickets that I can already get on Ticketek now?

Oh, and thanks everyone else for the overwhelming influx of helpful tips!! :roll:
:D
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well I have just had a look at the map and  I can't work out what 'standard reserved' is.
I'd get GA and sit in bay 33 or 37.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Anyway this is a Roosters game your talking about there is always plenty of free seats, once you are inside the gate. ;)
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah that's what I was thinking... I'm sure we'd be able to find free seats in good areas once the game starts anyway...

You going bella?  If so, what time you rockin' up?

Who else is going?
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah I'll be getting there sometime between 6 and 6.30.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Christabella wrote: Anyway this is a Roosters game your talking about there is always plenty of free seats, once you are inside the gate. ;)
That's an understatement and a half!  :lol:

For Rugby League heartland Sydney sure does struggle to fill 20k+ stadiums. Look at last nights games, Brisbane vs Gold Coast 48,500 crowd, Wests vs Penrith 12,800 crowd. I know Penrith aren't going very well but that is still very ordinary.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Christa, cheers for showing the Aussie Stadium map. 

Unfortunately, I can't make the Roosters v Storm match but I'll be going to the Roosters vs Warriors match in the following week.  I'll then be going to the Flakies v Storm match for Monday Night Football.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The way the Roosters went tonight, I'll be lucky if the missus comes with me to this game! :shock2:
lotti

yeah they were pretty bad tonight, I do hope Melbourne has Roast Rooster on the 27th.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormboy and I will definitely be there, and most likely his girlfriend Tazzie too! :D :D :D

I have a flex booked for the day, and Luke will come straight from work in the city, looking rather spiffy in his suit, purple shirt and Storm 10 year tie!! He scrubs up well! :D :D

We always buy GA for Aussie stadium, and usually position ourselves southern end behind the goals, about halfway up the seats. Note to anyone attending, it is always freezing there so come prepared, rug up!!! :D :D

Cheers
Bunnies, Stormboy and Tazzie :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm flying up on the Friday and hopefully taking some of the Kaufusi's klan banners and flags
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chris Anderson wont be facing his old team now. Just announced he has stepped down/quit as coach of the Sydney Roosters. Catch you later Ando. Don't know where he will be coaching next time round.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
lotti

Freddy's the new coach, I wonder how they'll play under a former club great.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!