MELBOURNE STORM v BRISBANE BRONCOS - ROUND 22 @ OP

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote: Wow, Channel Nein Melbourne is showing this Sunday's game on an actual Sunday...a full 30 minutes before Midnight
Of course the dumb-arses at Nein wouldn't want to make too much of an effort to show the match at a decent time - it might end up rating better than they think, leaving them with egg smeared across their stupid faces. Can't have that now, can we :roll: :roll: :roll: 
It's official -
GTV9
are
WANKERS!!!

:tool: :knob: :protest: :mumum: :angry4: :angry5: :director: :brave:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Send emails to NRL Deluxe at askfreddy@bigpond.com as David Gallop will be on tomorrow. They are asking for questions to pose to him.

I've asked about the poor refereeing and poor FTA TV coverage in Melbourne.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote: Send emails to NRL Deluxe at askfreddy@bigpond.com as David Gallop will be on tomorrow. They are asking for questions to pose to him.

im deffinately emailing a few Q's.

when will they be showing this?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote:
Surandy wrote: Send emails to NRL Deluxe at askfreddy@bigpond.com as David Gallop will be on tomorrow. They are asking for questions to pose to him.

im deffinately emailing a few Q's.

when will they be showing this?
I believe it's live online at 7pm. Replay available from 10am Friday.
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

Do you reckon theyll actually ask questions like that?
Or will they pussyfoot around "are you baised against melbourne" talk etc.
I remember last year when we won the minor premiership, and he was presenting the j.j giltinan shield , people started chanting 'we want steve" I wish more people had it would have been  more memorable,  but thats teh graveyard for ya lol
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brownzay wrote:
I remember last year when we won the minor premiership, and he was presenting the j.j giltinan shield , people started chanting 'we want steve" I wish more people had it would have been  more memorable,  but thats teh graveyard for ya lol
oh man that night when the steve chant happend was awesome!
a fair amount of people caught on after a while

but it is a shame that so mny people at the graveyard are the quiet type, well in the reserved area they are  :icon_frown:
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Brownzay wrote: I remember last year when we won the minor premiership, and he was presenting the j.j giltinan shield , people started chanting 'we want steve" I wish more people had it would have been  more memorable,  but thats teh graveyard for ya lol
It would have got bigger I think except Brian Waldron was franticly motioning for us to stop, so we did. Brian has shown he has the best interests of the club and fans at heart a number of times, so when he said shut up, we did.    ... still they got the message  ;D
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Who is Steve?
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mrpc wrote: Who is Steve?
oh dear  :lol:

the fabulous steve turner of course
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So what did Steve Turner have to do with the presentation of the JJ Gitnan Shield?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mrpc wrote: So what did Steve Turner have to do with the presentation of the JJ Gitnan Shield?
at the time, turner was in a tug of war with titans and melbourne storm
after turner verbally agreed to going up north to gold coast.
before he signed any papers he changed his mind after he got a regularn first grade spot.
gallop was on the titans side of this saying that turner should go thru with the deal
so the storm supporters started chanting WE WANT STEVE  when gallop was presenting us with the sheild
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

back up a bit, reserved area is so quiet, the pissheads usually scream by themselves for 20 minutes until the rest of the stand joins in lol
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: at the time, turner was in a tug of war with titans and melbourne storm
before he signed any papers he changed his mind after he got a regularn first grade spot.
gallop was on the titans side of this saying that turner should go thru with the deal
so the storm supporters started chanting WE WANT STEVE  when gallop was presenting us with the sheild
I already knew that, but I still don't see the relevance of the shield presentation vs the Turner affair.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

mrpc wrote:
nacho wrote: at the time, turner was in a tug of war with titans and melbourne storm
I already knew that, but I still don't see the relevance of the shield presentation vs the Turner affair.
Gallop was presenting the sheild - the supporters were showing their anger at him and the NRL for backing the Titans - do you see the connection?
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

Well David Gallop doesnt exactly come to melbourne every week