Team of the decade

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

done this on another forum what is your team of the decade here is your choices

Fullback Robbie Ross (FB1), Billy Slater (FB2), Greg Inglis (FB3)
Wing - Please select 2 Marcus Bai (W1), Matt Geyer (W2), Steve Turner (W3), Jake Webster (W4), Craig Smith (W5)
Centres - Please select 2 Matt King (C1), Tony Martin (C2), Aaron Moule (C3), Steve Bell (C4), Greg Inglis (C5)
5/8’s Scott Hill (5/8th1), Matt Geyer (5/8th2), Tasesa Lavea (5/8th3)
Halfbacks Cooper Cronk (HB1), Brett Kimmorley (HB2), Matt Orford (HB3)
Locks Dallas Johnson (L1), Tawera Nikau (L2), Danny Williams (L3)
Second Row - Please select 2 Steve Kearney (SR1), Ryan Hoffman (SR2), Paul Marquet (SR3), Matt Rua (SR4), David Kidwell (SR5), Michael Crocker (SR6)
Front Row - Please select 2 Glenn Lazarus (FR1), Rodney Howe (FR2), Brett White (FR3), Robbie Kearns (FR4), Antonio Kaufusi (FR5)
Hooker Richard Swain (H1), Cameron Smith (H2), Danny Williams (H3)
Coach Chris Anderson (CO1), Craig Bellamy (CO2)
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be tough if they were to pick an official one. Look at some of the players in there, our second rowers, not much between them, Nikau or Johnson? Wow, Ross or Slater?
This would be my team
1. Billy Slater - Ross was a great support player and was safe as a bank, but Billy has too many dimensions to his game, more than Ross anyway.
2. Matt Geyer - Great clubman and a real favourite, no other play brought what Geyer's brought to the team in his 10 years. Not just on the field either.
3. Matt King - I remember seeing him for the first time on the Storm bench, he got up and i thought, thats refreshing! Tall skinny afro, but now has played more representative footy than any other Storm back.
4. Greg Inglis - The most talented player to put the purple jersey on, could be one of the greatest when he retires.
5. Marcus Bai - As tough as nails and he's hard running made him a crowd favourite, I dont think any winger has come close to the Bai and Geyer.
6. Scott Hill - Not many had the class and style Hill had, solid defender and had a crisp passing game, on his day tore sides to shreds.
7. Cooper  Cronk - Took the side to the Grand Final in his first year, and is our most consistent player, still getting better.
8. Robbie Kearns - Great clubman and great player, did his talking on the field.
9. Cameron Smith - The best player this club has developed, will be one of the greatest hookers of all time if he keeps it up.
10.Glen Lazarus - Cant remember too much of him but is one of the greatest props of the modern era.
11.David Kidwell - 4 seasons with the Storm but in that time led with his actions on the field, leader of men.
12.Stephen Kearney - Great running game, and had a hany offload, the best second rower in the clubs 10 year history.
13.Dallas Johnson - Classic defender and a real hard head. This was the hardest
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bula wrote: Would be tough if they were to pick an official one. Look at some of the players in there, our second rowers, not much between them, Nikau or Johnson? Wow, Ross or Slater?
This would be my team
1. Billy Slater - Ross was a great support player and was safe as a bank, but Billy has too many dimensions to his game, more than Ross anyway.
2. Matt Geyer - Great clubman and a real favourite, no other play brought what Geyer's brought to the team in his 10 years. Not just on the field either.
3. Matt King - I remember seeing him for the first time on the Storm bench, he got up and i thought, thats refreshing! Tall skinny afro, but now has played more representative footy than any other Storm back.
4. Greg Inglis - The most talented player to put the purple jersey on, could be one of the greatest when he retires.
5. Marcus Bai - As tough as nails and he's hard running made him a crowd favourite, I dont think any winger has come close to the Bai and Geyer.
6. Scott Hill - Not many had the class and style Hill had, solid defender and had a crisp passing game, on his day tore sides to shreds.
7. Cooper  Cronk - Took the side to the Grand Final in his first year, and is our most consistent player, still getting better.
8. Robbie Kearns - Great clubman and great player, did his talking on the field.
9. Cameron Smith - The best player this club has developed, will be one of the greatest hookers of all time if he keeps it up.
10.Glen Lazarus - Cant remember too much of him but is one of the greatest props of the modern era.
11.David Kidwell - 4 seasons with the Storm but in that time led with his actions on the field, leader of men.
12.Stephen Kearney - Great running game, and had a hany offload, the best second rower in the clubs 10 year history.
13.Dallas Johnson - Classic defender and a real hard head. This was the hardest

I argee with everything except DJ, Mr Nikau would be better choice in my opinion
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

It's bull dust that you can't have Slater and Ross in the same sides.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: It's bull dust that you can't have Slater and Ross in the same sides.
Robbie will always been known as our number one custodian but I think Billy has proven this season that he is more versatile & has more to offer & therefore deserves the number one jersey in the Team of the Decade.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I found it tough to leave out Moule for Inglis. I did, but had to really think about it.  I'm sure GI is going to be far better, but at the moment there wasn't much in it for mine.  I took Nikau ahead of DJ too - another tough one. 
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

My concern with Nikau is, for mine, his best game was the 99 Grand Final. He was the standout player in the second half, and the greatest tragedy of that game was him not being the man of the match.

With the halfback - is Cooper the best halfback of the last 10 years? I'm not so sure. I'd certainly say that he will be the halfback of the second decade, but at 1.5 years, I'm not sure he has the runs on the board yet. In that regard, it leaves two unpalatable options - both other halfbacks left the club for more money, and in bad circumstances for the team. Do you give them kudos for their time here? Or tarnish them for their departure?

Whilst they were here, I thought Noddy was the better halfback - who was also made to look good by the forward pack we had.

And whatabout bench players? Those that came off the bench and put in the impact tackles and hit ups for us? For mine, two personal favourites would have to make an appearance - both Rusty Bowden and Danny Williams.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rusty Bawden  #-o
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

D'oh - I spent five minutes trying to remember how it was spelt! ;)
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I dont think we'll ever remove Williams from our bench even 50 years from now. Lot of good players were left out
I think this day and age and how close the competition is you gotta give it to Cronk.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LOL at Billy Slater over Robbie Ross. Billys been our best player this year, but before that weve had 4 years of hot and cold.

Robbie Ross was the best FB in Australia for a couple of years and in the top 3 for most of his career. Someone said he was solid, he was a much better player then that, so good if he hadnt of left the Broncos Lockyer would have skipped FB and went straight to 5/8.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, exactly, Slater is a very damn good player, but Ross was almost the perfect fullback
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

haven't even tried, it's just too hard! good luck to those who have to decide this! It'll be controversial anyway....
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

you cant have cronk cause he hasnt played enough I dont know why they even put him in there
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1.  Billy Slater
2.  Fifita Moala
3.  Greg Inglis
4.  Marcus Bai
5.  Semi Taduala
6.  Andrew McFadden
7.  Cooper  Cronk
8.  Sione Finefuiaki
9.  Cameron Smith
10. Glen Lazarus
11. David Kidwell
12. Dallas Johnson
13. Matt Rua

Greatest. Team. Ever.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT