Newton next year

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Clint Newton looked good today, but the club appears to be struggling to have enough cash to keep him next year, whats your opinion on his value? He is 25, so coming into what should be best years, powerful and appears to enjoy the storm work ethic. Should we be trying to keep hold of him or just be a season filler?

My vote says if we can keep him
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

After watching him today I'd love to see him play with us long term.
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

How happy did he look when we won! It was priceless. I'm sure he is loving playing for a winning team  ;-) and would love to stay
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
ryanstorm
Squall
Squall

he was our best forward today.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Best foward today and can see him there next year. Who do we let go? Cross is gone so maybe theres abit of money there not much though.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we'll keep him.  I was happy when we signed him in the first place, and was great to see how he went today.  Remember that we have now lost Cross, Donnelly and Bartlett - has to be some money there
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

remember though we lost cross as we didnt have anything to offer him a contract so we can ignore that vacancy, only bartlett and ian D may have salary free, maybe not...Craig did say we may struggle to offer him anything next year
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We've also lost money previously thought to be 'outside the cap' plus whatever the NRL dreams up for it's next cash grab.

I think next season will be largely a case of what we got is what we go with.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Clintons a has the talent to be a gun, I dont think there would be many faster back-rowers in the game, the workrate he could develop at the storm could help him play for the Blues at least.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

steaming stormer wrote: I think we'll keep him.  I was happy when we signed him in the first place, and was great to see how he went today.  Remember that we have now lost Cross, Donnelly and Bartlett - has to be some money there
Yea and Falou won't need an upgrade next season?
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
ryanstorm
Squall
Squall

yeah i rather to keep folau which we be a lot of money so maybe newton may need to take a cut in salary if he wants to stay
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Salary cut? I gathered he was on minimum payments anyway this season....
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

how long is Falou signed?? May not require an upgrade yet
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

steaming stormer wrote: how long is Falou signed?? May not require an upgrade yet
he'd be on not much more than match payments. Upgraded contract for sure next year.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OK...missed it......where is Cross going?????

Also, reading into a full pager that Falou did in the HS, i'd say he'd be like smitty, billy and the likes.....given an opportunity and will stay because BELLAMY IS.........Kingy is the noteable exception. What sh#ts me is these guys are picked up off the scrap heap, made good and now want more......personally, i'd be grateful for dinner on the table, which they get each night for free anyway.
but, I still think we'll be in the GF 2007/2008/2009.....after that, looking from now we are farked from 2010.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.