9/Storm Promotion

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OzHEDude wrote: Well, that was fun. Prolly about 100 there, maybe more.
Was cold, but we had fun.......lack of something to eat was an issue.....or drink for that matter.....not even water.
Those that took notice, i was the one who jumped the fence to take the cheerleaders jumpers.

Oh....and we can't tell you what happened until it comes on telly, or i'll be going home in the back of a divvy van. But i might have a foto or several to show.........nah, better not.

and for a parting shot........."cock in a sock".

Haha that was you OzHEDude!!  We were just to your left when you took the jumpers.  Gees one of the cheerleaders certainly wasn't happy with Mikey LOL

But yes it was a lot of fun ... so much more than bloody Temptation that's for sure!!

Oh and I think it's safe to say that it's NOT a promo as in promoting Melbourne Storm or rugby league.  I think we're allowed to tell you it'll be on in about 8 weeks and it involves Matt Tilley (of Fox FM) and Jackie O (Austereo) and Jules Lund (Getaway?).  That's all ssshhh!!
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hey OzHEDude, we were a couple of seats behind you when you were being a cloak room for the cheerleaders. I would hve thought a few more thanks were in order from them, seeing as you so kindly offered to hold their jackets - and DIDN'T DROP THEM!
Yep - it was cold. Yep - it was fun. Nope - no tea, coffee, water, beer, food, nothing!!!
I wonder how much of the actual footage that was shot will end up being seen - probably about a minute if we're lucky I reckon.
At least the rain held off for us anyway.

I'll don't think I can look at my socks anymore in the same way I used to ...
:)
Sonnit
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Madness wrote: Bloody hell...talk about whinging whining people when someone is trying to do something to promote the team here.

This happens for ALL sporting clubs, getting groups of you together to make a TV commercial or promotion.  Why don't you all be thankful something is going to be somewhere for STORM for once instead of being so damn negative.

The bloody team is 2nd on the ladder, we have numerous SOO players and now we can do something for the club to get more exposure.  Jesus, I thought this was a site for storm FANS!  Who give a fat rats arse what TV station is doing it.  It is being done!!! 
You are correct of course.
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cock in a sock?

Sounding like the Red Hot Chili Peppers to me.....

It hasn't got something to do with Mick Malloy's new show 'The Nation' has it?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/en ... 17296.html
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 31, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

If only!!! Does anyone else feel a little sad and disappointed that it wasn't an ad or commercial ?? I and the others that I went with feel like it was a bit 'under false pretences' - had I known it was going to have ANYTHING to do with that talentless hack jackie o, we definately would not have gone.
Those that took notice, i was the one who jumped the fence to take the cheerleaders jumpers.
Good work by you! though they could have been just a little grateful - silly girls they are - "ohh don't drop them' as if you were going to!

Oh and I over heard one of the telly people on the phone afterwards saying 'stupid *I shouldn't swear but I have anger management issues* cheergirls' - certainly made my night!

(oh and we were the really annoying people with the enormous flag....)
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mini Chick wrote:

If only!!! Does anyone else feel a little sad and disappointed that it wasn't an ad or commercial ?? I and the others that I went with feel like it was a bit 'under false pretences' - had I known it was going to have ANYTHING to do with that talentless hack jackie o, we definately would not have gone.
Good work by you! though they could have been just a little grateful - silly girls they are - "ohh don't drop them' as if you were going to!

Oh and I over heard one of the telly people on the phone afterwards saying 'stupid *I shouldn't swear but I have anger management issues* cheergirls' - certainly made my night!

Haha Mini Chick ... I had a feeling that was you because you'd said somewhere else on the forum that you were in the Eastern Stand with pom poms on sticks.  We were sitting behind you when enormous flag guy lost his bag.  I was going to say hey are you mini chick but I was too shy and what if it wasn't you - what a weird question to ask someone LOL.  Almost as bad as saying oh hi I'm jellyhead  :lol: :lol: :lol: 
Sonnit
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Mini Chick wrote:

It wasn't for  TV Ad??? 

Speaking of MickMolloy, if that storm promotion thing was for his new show, he'll say something good about the storm, he's always talking them up.
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Posted by: jellyhead
Insert Quote
Quote from: Mini Chick on May 31, 2007, 09:27:51 pm

Haha Mini Chick ... I had a feeling that was you because you'd said somewhere else on the forum that you were in the Eastern Stand with pom poms on sticks.  We were sitting behind you when enormous flag guy lost his bag.  I was going to say hey are you mini chick but I was too shy and what if it wasn't you - what a weird question to ask someone LOL.  Almost as bad as saying oh hi I'm jellyhead  Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Ahh but which of the 3 women was I??? I'm neither the skinny curly-haired one or the skinny good-looking one - instead the 'curvier' one with funny coloured hair! Shame I'd have liked to have met a lovely jellyhead like yourself. :D ;-)

No, Sonnit unfortunately not - and I'm still a little annoyed about that... :angryfire:
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mini Chick wrote:
Posted by: jellyhead
Insert Quote
Quote from: Mini Chick on May 31, 2007, 09:27:51 pm

Haha Mini Chick ... I had a feeling that was you because you'd said somewhere else on the forum that you were in the Eastern Stand with pom poms on sticks.  We were sitting behind you when enormous flag guy lost his bag.  I was going to say hey are you mini chick but I was too shy and what if it wasn't you - what a weird question to ask someone LOL.  Almost as bad as saying oh hi I'm jellyhead  Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Ahh but which of the 3 women was I??? I'm neither the skinny curly-haired one or the skinny good-looking one - instead the 'curvier' one with funny coloured hair! Shame I'd have liked to have met a lovely jellyhead like yourself. :D ;-)

No, Sonnit unfortunately not - and I'm still a little annoyed about that... :angryfire:
Bah I now who you are  :P  :lol:  If I see you tomorrow night I promise I will introduce myself.  We are not far from you in the Nikau stand.  Look for the "Don't Hassle the Hoff" sign and the "Cronk:  The Better Half" sign - that's us  ;-)
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Bah I now who you are  Razz  Laughing  If I see you tomorrow night I promise I will introduce myself.  We are not far from you in the Nikau stand.  Look for the "Don't Hassle the Hoff" sign and the "Cronk:  The Better Half" sign - that's us  Wink
I know those signs - you're not far from us at all! We love the Hoff sign.  :D
lotti

might have to look for you guys tomorrow night, I'm in the same stand about 6 rows up and near half way.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Sonnit
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Mini Chick wrote:

What was it for then?
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A lovely lady told us tonight what it was all about.

Should be hilarious.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Sonnit
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Dani_ wrote: A lovely lady told us tonight what it was all about.

Should be hilarious.
What was the promotion for if not an ad?
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Posted by: Sonnit
Insert Quote
Quote from: Dani_ on June 03, 2007, 12:40:49 am
A lovely lady told us tonight what it was all about.

Should be hilarious.

What was the promotion for if not an ad?
I'm not convinced of hilarity.....Personally think it seems a little pox, but that's just me!

Hey Sonnit - as far as I know it's part of a new TV show, that will be on in July sometime. NOt crossing my fingers, methinks it won't last long........