Suncorp security a disgrace.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I just want to say what a disgrace the security at Scumcorp are. they banned our cowbell because they claimed it sounded to much like the ref's whistle. Since when did the ref use a Cowbell too award penalties???

On top of that it wasn't enough to say "look jsut don't use it" they had to actually take the drumstick. I bet this wouldn't have happened if it was a Broncos fan and besides Storm fans havfe had cowbells there before.

When I told them that we had used it at every other ground they claimed the accustics were different there. Yeah whatever.

Then when I asked for this guys manager he "you've got 30 seconds to hand it over or security will evict you"

The thing is we had specifgically rang the stadium to ask for permission to take it and they said it was fine.

I will be writting them a letter to ask them to send the drumstick back via express post along with a letter of apology

Absolute disgrace.
lotti

Mikey it's a pity you didn't have it in writing that you could use the cowbell.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What a pack of backward num-nuts.

In a way, you have to feel sorry for them if that is how they get their power trips.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

QLDer's have no sense of humor whatsoever. :lol;
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Oh come on, haven't you noticed the similarity in tone and noise between a cowbell and a whistle - gets me every time :roll: :laughing5:
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah - I must admit, the cowbell gets me everytime.  I swear it sound like Steve Clark blowing another penalty...
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mikey - I don't think it would have made a difference if it was a Broncos supporter.  Suncorp security have a reputation for being buzzkills. I think it may be QLD sports security in general, as they are the ones who banned AFL supporters from calling umpires white maggots and then wouldn't let the trumpteter from the Barmy Army take his trumpet in during the ashes
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unfortunately a few years ago I made a pact that I would never set foot in Suncorp Stadium again after problems with both Suncorp security and Brisbane City Council patrollers.

The most frustratingly ridiculous issue I had was when I drove down to the game one year, not long after the re-opening of Suncorp, and while I was looking for somewhere to park (trying to work out where the hell the "Lang Park Zone" started and finished) I spotted a council vehicle pulling into a street.  So I pulled into the same street and got out of the car to ask the guy if we could park in the street we were in (after seeing other cars parked there), and he replied, "No, and you've just gotten yourself a ticket".  He claimed that I had just parked my car in a Bus Zone (apparently the whole street becomes a Bus Zone during Suncorp events).  I explained that I was just stopping to clarify where we could park and that I was not from the area, and he said, "Too bad."  I asked how were we to know where the Lang Park Zone started and finished, and he said that we would need to check the map - a map that only council officers carried around!!  He then handed me a ticket for $150!  I challenged the ticket through the Brisbane City Council, and they said that they were satisfied with the conduct of their officers and that the ticket stood.

I haven't been back since.  It may be a good stadium for atmosphere, but give me the convenience and seating room of ANZ Stadium any day!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What a total @ss clown!  I would've got his name and made up nasty stories about him to the council.
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Insomniac wrote: Unfortunately a few years ago I made a pact that I would never set foot in Suncorp Stadium again after problems with both Suncorp security and Brisbane City Council patrollers.

The most frustratingly ridiculous issue I had was when I drove down to the game one year, not long after the re-opening of Suncorp, and while I was looking for somewhere to park (trying to work out where the hell the "Lang Park Zone" started and finished) I spotted a council vehicle pulling into a street.  So I pulled into the same street and got out of the car to ask the guy if we could park in the street we were in (after seeing other cars parked there), and he replied, "No, and you've just gotten yourself a ticket".  He claimed that I had just parked my car in a Bus Zone (apparently the whole street becomes a Bus Zone during Suncorp events).  I explained that I was just stopping to clarify where we could park and that I was not from the area, and he said, "Too bad."  I asked how were we to know where the Lang Park Zone started and finished, and he said that we would need to check the map - a map that only council officers carried around!!  He then handed me a ticket for $150!  I challenged the ticket through the Brisbane City Council, and they said that they were satisfied with the conduct of their officers and that the ticket stood.

I haven't been back since.  It may be a good stadium for atmosphere, but give me the convenience and seating room of ANZ Stadium any day!
Shoulda let me know, I could have helped you out there.

Anyways, even I have run foul of Suncorp Security.  I had the indecency to wear my bike jacket into a game one afternoon.  It was fstinking hot and I was struggling to take it off but the game had already kicked off and I didn't want to stand up in front of everyone blocking their view, so I just waited.  That was apparently enough to send security into a spin.  The fact I was wearing work clothes underneath was merely a red flag to a bull.  I got hauled in at work the next day, apparently there is a long running turf war between the coppers there and the wannbes, and my actions that day (in trying to take off my jacket and shirt at the same time) merely stirred it up again. 
*Champagne football*