Four Stormboys in City/Country match

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well done Brett White, Anthony Quinn (both starting), Ben Cross (bench)  on selection for the Country Origin side. Nice work fellas! :D :D

Congrats also to Ryan Hoffman for making the City Origin side! :D :D
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Will be interesting to see if the game stats are on NRL Live Scoreboard & if anyone is doing a radio webcast  ???

WELL DONE Brett,Anthony,Ben & Ryan - Have a blinder  =D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Today's TV Guide has it delayed on Nien at 11:45pm.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I feared that Crossy's injury may prevent him from playing for Country. Glad he has been selected, hopefully he is fit enough to play then.
ryanstorm
Squall
Squall

i don't see it anyway they name it on monday
ryanstorm
Squall
Squall

sorry i saw it my mistake
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It says Matt Cross from Penrith  ??? Not Ben Cross
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The NSWRL and CRL have named their teams for this Thursday night’s annual clash between City and Country at Coffs Harbour.

Country: Brett Stewart, Josh Morris, Anthony Quinn, Timana Tahu, Amos Roberts, Kurt Gidley, Brett Kimmorley, Craig Fitzgibbon, Danny Buderus, Brett White, Greg Bird, Anthony Laffranci, Ben Creagh
Interchange: Preston Campbell, Luke Douglas, Ben Cross, Clint Newton

City: Anthony Minichello, Jarryd Hayne, Luke Lewis, Dean Collis, Hazem El Masri, Braith Anasta, Craig Gower, Jason King, Robbie Farah, Lance Thompson, Paul Gallen, Ryan Hoffman, Reni Maitua
Interchange: Craig Wing, Anthony Watmough, Bryce Gibbs, Ben Pomeroy

Update from NRL.com
Timana Tahu was forced to withdraw from the Country squad due to a hamstring strain.
Last edited by Bourbon Rat on Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
lotti

well done guys.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Timana Tahu was forced to withdraw from the Country squad due to a hamstring strain.
...id bet my last dollar he was pushed!

Well done to the storm boys though!

In related opinion, as a proud NSW'man does anyone actually believe we won't be rocked in origin this year?
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Sorry but this is one game I am never excited about.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Goat
Squall
Squall

is it on 9?
lotti

in the northern states it will be on at a respectable time.
Last edited by lotti on Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Someone's not happy with the timing ....

Bellamy slams NRL scheduling
Monday Apr 30 15:11 AEST
NSW Country coach Craig Bellamy has hit out at the NRL schedule which will force six of his representative players to back up three days after playing club football.
Country captain Danny Buderus, Kurt Gidley and Clint Newton play for Newcastle on Monday night against Cronulla's Brett Kimmorley, Greg Bird and Luke Douglas.
The six will fly to Coffs Harbour on Tuesday to join the Country camp and prepare for Thursday night's clash with NSW City.
Bellamy on Monday criticised the NRL schedule and said the representative match should have been kept as a Friday game because bringing it forward put too much pressure on players.
He said the NRL should have been aware that Newcastle typically provide several players for the Country side and that should have been considered during the scheduling of the NRL round.
"(City-Country) should be a Friday night game and perhaps they could've left Newcastle out of the Monday night game, just for this week. But that's not to be," Bellamy said.
"It's a tough ask for them to back up again Thursday.
"I suppose that restricts our preparation a bit, certainly with the game on Thursday night, that's a hurdle.
"But I suppose we'll get over it and get on with it when those guys come into camp.
"I'm sure they'll be looking forward to it, and put their best foot forward."
The scheduling doesn't just affect Country, with City also having three Sharks - Lance Thompson, Paul Gallen and Reece Williams - playing on Monday night.
Sharks coach Ricky Stuart has previously slammed the schedule because his players have to also fly to New Zealand to play the Warriors on Saturday.
Roosters veteran Craig Fitzgibbon, who will represent Country for the fourth time, said he was concerned about the effect of the tight scheduling on player welfare.
"It's a huge ask for them, and something that's probably got to be looked at just for the wellbeing," Fitzgibbon said.
"I know if you lose a couple of key players and you're in that team you'd be pretty disappointed with the fact that they've had to put it all on the line."
Adding to Country's woes, Parramatta centre Timana Tahu was ruled out with a hamstring strain late on Sunday night, team doctor Hugh Hazard excusing him from attending Monday's medical because he had seen the injury occur and was confident he would not be fit to play.
Canberra centre Phil Graham was called into the side to make his representative debut alongside Brett Stewart, Josh Morris, Bird, Douglas, Ben Cross and Newton.
Graham admitted he was shocked to be selected, especially after being told no Raiders had made the team.
"I think everyone dreams about it when they're kids, I didn't know if it was going to happen but it's just great to be here," said Graham.
"I was just sitting at home last night, got the call - I was pretty shocked, I wasn't really expecting it.
"I thought maybe Alan Tongue would've been a chance, he's been playing awesome and he's probably our best player week in week out."
Graham was selected ahead of Parramatta fullback Luke Burt and Manly winger Chris Hicks because Bellamy didn't want to put players out of position with such a short preparation time.
"We wanted to put a centre in there, and Phil's been playing pretty good with Canberra, so he gets the nod," said Bellamy.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Goat wrote: is it on 9?
If you scroll up the page (and live in Melbourne), you'll see I posted the time it will be telecast.   :)

I'm not going off topic here - this link is for the ladies.  :)

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/Search ... d=74004930
Last edited by Andy on Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.