How will 2006 Team go down in History?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some teams are remembered for a long time, Mostly premiership winning teams, like our 99 team.
Our pack was awesome, people remember that.
Few teams are remembered even though they didnt win premierships, like the 2001 Eels and 2002 Bulldogs (even though they cheated)
How will our team be remembered? when people look back and realise the names in the side

Lineup

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Geyer
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Steve Turner
6. Scott Hill
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Antonio Kaufusi
9. Cameron Smith
10.Brett White
11.David Kidwell
12.Ryan Hoffman
13.Dallas Johnson

14.Adam Blair
15.Michael Crocker
16.Jeremy Smith
17.Nathan Friend

Jake Webster
Garrett Crossman
Ben Cross

Look at those names, 5,6 years from now some of them will be the biggest in the game (Hoffman, Turner, Blair, White, Cronk, Kaufusi..)
Players who left will be bigger and better, Friend will be one of the leading hookers in the game,  Webster!
How will you look back? what will the younger who will be grown think when they see that team?
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

After the 2007 GF victory It'll be "what 2006 team?"  :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

bula wrote:......
Look at those names, 5,6 years from now some of them will be the biggest in the game (Hoffman, Turner, Blair, White, Cronk, Kaufusi..)
(My fav) Geyer, King, Ingliss, Crocker, Blair.... Kidwell........
White, Crossman, Cross, Jezza and some more of the lesser lights will never be fully recognised by the general RL public imo.
bula wrote:Players who left will be bigger and better, Friend will be one of the leading hookers in the game,  Webster!
How will you look back? what will the younger who will be grown think when they see that team?
Friend will never be seen as a leading hooker of the game in the No17 jumper at the Titans. Seems he'll never get his deserved starting spot. Webby might struggle in an ordinary team,.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
clock off
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

...as memorable as the 1999 St George team?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They still are the strongest minor premiers since i dont know when, won more games than any other team did and won the minor premiership by a record margin!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mate - only the particular fans will remember these teams - and only if we dont win a premiership. 

However, if we can build a dynasty of continued success over the next five years, then everyone will remember the Storm. 

I remember the Chicago Bulls - they had the best player in the game - Jordan, but surrounding him were Pippen, Horace Grant, and a number of other good but not great players.  They threatened to be successful but the Pistons and others put them away.  Then all of a sudden they one their first championship, and the flood gates opened and the rest they say is history.  Lakers are similar - they threatened for a year or two before they went on to win 3 in a row and should have won a 4th. 

I have a feeling, that if we keep the nucleus of talent together, then we have a chance to win a number of premierships over the next 5 years.  We've been there once, and I think the belief in their abilities and the confidence is something you can't get overnight. 

Souths think they have it now, but seriously its round freaking 2(!).