will king go to england?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Fox Sports Story

there is an exit clause in his contract that allows him to negotiate with pom clubs, allowing him to move over there before the end of his current contract here.

his manager is flying over there to talk to clubs now.

my thinking is that having that clause in the contract in the first place, it is probably a long term plan, and he does intend to go over there, either at the end of this contract or perhaps before...
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Although i dont wanna see him go i think it'll will be good for him. $500k + a season. If he'll do it or not im not sure, King seems like the bloke who will take a pay cut, Maybe Bellamy will be too good a bloke to let a good opportunity for King slip.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Must say that i was quite shocked to read that this morning. I would've thought Kingy would be the last player on our roster to be considering a move. For it to at least be in this current contract indicates it has been considered, even just to a small extent (I reckon his manager has a lot to do with that thought too). Would hate to see him go, now or in years to come but i wouldn't blame him, or any other player for that matter to chase the big money on offer.

For those in the know, how is it that the English Super League are able to pay so much money? What sort of money does their game bring to their league that ours doesn't?

Whilst i believe the salary cap is working here, and creating a fairly even competition, something has got to be done to stop our players leaving for England or Union for the money, because lets face it, its all about the money...
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If he wants out, leave. Don't drag it out. Don't let the door hit you on the arse.

Great way to repay the club, he'd still be a garbo without the chance Storm gave him.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

He's not said he's actually going but I'll bet his manager (hate that bloody Mimis) is trying to influence him one way or another.....
It's ok to check out your options and if the club has a problem with it they shouldn't have let the clause into the contract.
I really don't think he'll bail on us just yet..........he's got way too many good years ahead of him here and england is really only for older or not so talented players right now.  Besides, if he left would he still be able to play in the Kanga side??
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Damn Mimis he is as high in my books as Searle and Peter Osillyvan, why does he always do this he is a Sh1t.
I am back again.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Totally agree Subby  :thumbright:
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Money wise I dont know where they get it from cause its not well suported sponsership sky sports???? who knows.  we cant lift salary cap becasue we dont have empty pockets over here and some clubs would fold and you will see another man utd over here.  same gf ever year
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

grey sub wrote: Damn Mimis he is as high in my books as Searle and Peter Osillyvan, why does he always do this he is a Sh1t.
could we perhaps add one parra-doesn't-matta ceo to that list?

;)
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

tdcockers wrote:
grey sub wrote: Damn Mimis he is as high in my books as Searle and Peter Osillyvan, why does he always do this he is a Sh1t.
could we perhaps add one parra-doesn't-matta ceo to that list?

;)
Seconded!!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'd hate to see him go, he's my favourite!

But as much as the club has done for him, it is a job and if you a job offer with more $$$$$ - would you leave?

IMO - I think he'll stay. 
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Note that the article has no comments from Matty himself about wanting to move.  All he mentions is lifestyle and not wanting to play against Melbourne.   His manager is going to find out what interest is there - which I have no problems with, that is the job of a manager.  He also discusses in the article getting it sorted out for Matt to stay.  Non story IMO at this stage, and if he does want to go, I can cop it being to England.  It's when grubs leave for our enemy - ala Ox and Noddy that pisses me off
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The British Pound is a lot more attractive then the Aussie Dollar. He could set himself up for life. Comeback to Melbourne when he retires start a little business
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
glynny
Squall
Squall

I think that he'll stay here, I  think he's enjoying life and playing in a successfull side here and he still has a chance to play rep footy. I know that he could get more $ in England but i think is hearts here and he'll stay here.
Go the mighty storm.
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

StormGurlDani wrote: If he wants out, leave. Don't drag it out. Don't let the door hit you on the arse.

Great way to repay the club, he'd still be a garbo without the chance Storm gave him.
Agree,despite giving him the chance he took time to sign his last contract.Don't like these types of clause in contracts.