Could Friday night be a sellout?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I snagged a couple of (dark, grainy) pics of the crowd leaving after the game;  it was impressive to see that many! :o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/ ... crowd4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/ ... crowd3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/ ... crowd2.jpg
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

lotti wrote:
Pal wrote: He is nearly 3.  I have taken him to games before and he is pretty much uncontrollable, very active.  If I take him I can't watch the game anyway, so better off staying home to watch it.
I had a child infront of me that was 1 so 3 isn't too young.
I know how it is with youngsters Pal. It can be almost impossible to watch the game unless you have a partner there to take it in turns with the toddler. (One tends to his needs while the other takes a break to watch the game) I too have an active 3 year old, and he's constantly wanting to go for a look around the place, going anywhere and everywhere.We also have a 9 month old, and at that age they are far easier to look after at the game, cos they can't get up and want to have a walk around. We took her to her first game when she was about 2 months old I think. It's not a matter of how young, it's all about how easy it is to look after them. I know I probably would take them to a game by myself - too hard.
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I was actually very disapointed
apart from the guys playing utter crap, i reckon there might have been around or over 3000 interstaters who are here for the F1......which makes our crowd pretty dissapointing.

i dread the Warriors game......8500
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bourbon_rat wrote:
Miss Andy wrote: 13,500 was still a pretty good crowd and the weather wasn't too bad either.
Whom ever counted the 13,500 needs new glasses !! Both stands looked full - GA at both ends looked full.

Couldn't be against the gate because people came though the turnstiles BEFORE they actually got turned on  ::)
While I agree on the figure I think the thing to remember is that both ends had a bit of room between the people standing there..i.e. they were shoulder to shoulder. The southern end of the Western Stand also had a few empty seats that would have totaled half or more of a bay
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Pal wrote: He is nearly 3.  I have taken him to games before and he is pretty much uncontrollable, very active.  If I take him I can't watch the game anyway, so better off staying home to watch it.

We put our youngest on a plastic chain and harness (3 meters long) at that age she had room to move & we didnt have to worry about her running off.

She was also a hanfull.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

OzHEDude wrote: I was actually very disapointed
apart from the guys playing utter crap, i reckon there might have been around or over 3000 interstaters who are here for the F1......which makes our crowd pretty dissapointing.

I doubt that very much.  13500+ was a very good crowd considering the live coverage.  Tigers aren't a great crowd puller, even with Benji, and it all looks good for the Warriors game - they traditionally pull the 2nd largest crowd of season for us after the Broncos.

You've got to remember that the crowd last night was only 2k less than our record Broncos crowd - 2k is nothing.

I predict 13k+ for the Warriors.  8500?  If the Warriors win their next two games (and the Storm beat Canberra), this game has every chance of having a bumper crowd.
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

OzHEDude wrote: I was actually very disapointed

Agree,throw in the unusual start for the Warriors game ,not sure what the crowd will be.Would probably think around the 10,000 mark.
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Would they look at moving a Broncos game to a larger venue?
*Champagne football*
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Glad I was proved wrong about the crowd but agree that there were heaps of people only there for something to do until the Grand Prix.
Plenty of room to move the whole night where we were  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

All this talk about having toddlers (not that I do) is making me think....opening a creche on game day would be a great money maker!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Miss Andy wrote: All this talk about having toddlers (not that I do) is making me think....opening a creche on game day would be a great money maker!
You would be on a winner with that one.  :D

Have an area at the ground like they did for the Family Day for child care (was only available to corporates though on that day).
There are heaps of of kids that go to the game and I am sure some parents would welcome some r & r.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

We had 3 kids with us in the Bai Stand last nite - let them head off to the kids play area.  Now I don't normally do that but with 3 it's easier for them to stick together (like if 1 goes to the loo, 2 can stay outside together) and they relish the responsibility!  Told them to come back at half time and that's exactly what they did  :D
They know all about what to do if grabbed by someone (all the eye gouging & finger breaking & yelling 'I don't know this person') I'm so proud of them for being good but won't do it all the time.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Oops I meant with trained, police checked and qualified people running it.

Could you imagine 50 or more kids by themselves. Arghhhh

It is sad that we need to teach our kids at such a young
age to protect themselves from scum sucking low life's.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

ROFL Stormfront - I'd never even thought you'd mean anything but what you just said  ;-)

Part of life these days that unfortunately you have to tell your kids not everone is nice and that even some ppl close to them may not be so 'wonderful'  :(
For mine, I don't trust anyone at all, well maybe a few ppl, but I'm always trying to keep my eyes on em - having just said what I did about last night with the kids................oops  :lol:
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

StormFront wrote: Oops I meant with trained, police checked and qualified people running it.

Could you imagine 50 or more kids by themselves. Arghhhh

It is sad that we need to teach our kids at such a young
age to protect themselves from scum sucking low life's.
Too true, the innocents of kids being kids anymore has long gone........what a sad sad world we CURRENTLY live in.........but, we can all make a difference to change it
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]