TV Coverage

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Aside from Storm's opening game it sounds like we won't be getting much better coverage on Nein in 2007.

Rang SEN and spoke to Brian Waldron about coverage of RL this year and he said that the Storm are in talks with Nein and Foxtel to get Friday night games live on Fox Sports. I guess from this that Nein must have no plans to show games at a reasonable hour if Storm are pushing for pay tv to show games instead.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I noticed on the ninemsn home page yesterday the headline 'Foxtel to sponsor Nine's coverage of footy' but when I clicked on the link (numerous times) it wouldn't work..............who knows??
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

If it's the article I think it is then it's about advertising AFL on Foxtel during AFL related shows, ie AFL Footy Show. It's Foxtel's payback for 7 & 10 refusing to allow Foxtel to show their ads on their channels. 7 & 10 have a gripe with Foxtel's ads saying every AFL game will be shown on Fox Sports from start to finish, uninterupted.
erpel9999
Squall
Squall

just saw somewhere else that seven and ten have banned foxtel advertising their afl coverage so foxtel is sponsoring all nines afl shows.

must make for a great working relationship nbetween those. :D
how big is my weekend going to be? again....
[url=http://userbars.org][img]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4459/stormfanbf6.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://userbarmaker.com/][img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6094/751172770404iy8.png[/img][/url]
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Also noticed Channel 10 news - we don't seem to be getting any coverage since theyve got the AFL or is it just me?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

mystormboys wrote: Also noticed Channel 10 news - we don't seem to be getting any coverage since theyve got the AFL or is it just me?
Hmm, can't say I've noticed but then I can't recall the last time I actually watched Ch 10.

My FTA TV viewing habits are Ch 7: 1 hour on Thursdays, gotta love How I Met Your Mother and My Name Is Earl. Ch 9: umm, sports, hmm.....oh and Two And A Half Men, when they actually decide to show it. ABC, SBS & Ch 10: umm, nothing for ages.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

What's free to air tv mean again??  ;-)
Foxtel - yay  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote: Also noticed Channel 10 news - we don't seem to be getting any coverage since theyve got the AFL or is it just me?
Channel Seven's news is the same....spoke to a camerman mate at seven and he's word were..."You would be pissed off our news service wont be giving your the same coverage this year as we did last year....but then again, why would we when we have the real footy the counts".

I commented that the news service should be effected by that and his reply was...."Bullshite, that were we are going to make more money from the games sponsors."

Time will tell, but I had changed my news to seven due to their coverage of League last year...
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
lotti

can you guys believe tonight's lead story come on David Hicks is finally charged after 5 years of being in conditions that are barbaric and that's like the 3rd story in, come on the David Hicks story is huge, it's part of the war on terror, it's the US Government finally getting off it's ass and giving the prisoners in Camp X-Ray their rights even though they are terror suspects and were conspiring with Bin Laden to kill people the US charges non-terror suspects that conspire to commit murder Timothy McVee(Oklahoma City bomber, which up until 9/11 was the worse Terrorist Attack on US soil) got a quicker trial than these guys, ok it's a military court but even the soldiers that were convicted of torturing inmates in Iraq got quicker trials.  Ok off high horse now in any other mainland eastern state the Hicks story would've been before the AFL one not after, Sky News Australia has as it's lead story(to further illistrate my point that news agencies here in Victoria think of AFL before national stories) Howard on Hicks, then it's the murder mystery here in Melbourne and then it's the Di Inquest(I'll be posting more about that in the Dribble Bar).
Last edited by lotti on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lotti wrote: can you guys believe tonight's lead story come on David Hicks is finally charged after 5 years of being in conditions that are barbaric and that's like the 3rd story in, come on the David Hicks story is huge, it's part of the war on terror, it's the US Government finally getting off it's ass and giving the prisoners in Camp X-Ray their rights even though they are terror suspects and were conspiring with Bin Laden to kill people the US charges non-terror suspects that conspire to commit murder Timothy McVee(Oklahoma City bomber, which up until 9/11 was the worse Terrorist Attack on US soil) got a quicker trial than these guys, ok it's a military court but even the soldiers that were convicted of torturing inmates in Iraq got quicker trials.  Ok off high horse now in any other mainland eastern state the Hicks story would've been before the AFL one not after, Sky News Australia has as it's lead story(to further illistrate my point that news agencies here in Victoria think of AFL before national stories) Howard on Hicks, then it's the murder mystery here in Melbourne and then it's the Di Inquest(I'll be posting more about that in the Dribble Bar).
Please excuse my ignorance but I have to ask...how are the parts of this not in red relevant to the topic? ??? ??? ???
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
lotti

it was the channel 9 news I was refering to.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Neddy Seagoon wrote: Please excuse my ignorance but I have to ask...how are the parts of this not in red relevant to the topic? ??? ??? ???
ROFLMAO
Topic relevance is an undiscovered country to some people  ;D

Saw a few cameras at the trial game but think they were all freelance.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm still scratching my head, trying to work that one out too Neddy and Rat.
that wasn't from left field, that was from over the fence, up the aisle, out of the stadium and from the car park.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Smacka (C) wrote: I'm still scratching my head, trying to work that one out too Neddy and Rat.
that wasn't from left field, that was from over the fence, up the aisle, out of the stadium and from the car park.
:lol: :lol:

Sounds like the old McDonalds add with Larry Bird and Michael Jordan.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol:  HEY, CAN I PLAY?