Kaufusi is NOT overweight

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I know the guy replacing Karl DeKroo for the herald sun is new and I;m sure he will do a good job btu I don't know where he got his story about Kaufusi being overweight. I saw the man in the flesh in Coffs and he looks perfectly fine to me. I forget his name and I'm, sure he will be a gret rugby league writer like Karl was but I have no idea where he got this rubbish from about AK being overweight
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well..to be fair Mikey, the story originates from Bellamy expressing his dissapointment that Kaufusi returned to training a few kilos overweight.

It might be history now, because it does not take long for a 110kg professional footballer to lose a few kilos - especially when you've copped a serve from bellyache.

I'm happy that Karl has moved up in the world, and more happy that a new league journo has been appointed and the coverage we've received in the Herald Sun has been commendable to say the least.  If you look at FoxSports, most of the articles are Storm articles - Inglis, Quin, Bellamy, Will Chambers, Israel Falou, Cam Smith, Turner etc etc.  Much much better than nothing..and nothing is a real possibility in this city.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I really do not like this new leageu reporter in the Hearld Sun. I thought Karl was great, and he really knew what Melbourne Storm meant to their supporters.  I have emailed the Hearld Sun and told them that this great is not up to standard. They did reply with a "your comments will be past on".  The actricle in todays16.02.07 paper was disgusting.  He called Melbourne Storm arrogrant.  He needs to be told.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: I really do not like this new leageu reporter in the Hearld Sun. I thought Karl was great, and he really knew what Melbourne Storm meant to their supporters.  I have emailed the Hearld Sun and told them that this great is not up to standard. They did reply with a "your comments will be past on".  The actricle in todays16.02.07 paper was disgusting.  He called Melbourne Storm arrogrant.  He needs to be told.
Wow - you don't hold back.  Incidently today's papers is the 19th Feb.  I can't find any reference to Dave Donaghy calling the Storm 'arrogant' but if you have a link or recall the article, please do fill us in.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

In todays paper 19.02.06 article titled "Double Joy in Battles of Will".  About half way through the article the paragrapgh reads "Chambers' brace was one of few highlights for Melbourne, which turned in what can only be decribed as an arrogant display against a Titans side devoid of its star recruits".  In my dictionary arrogant means, showing that you think you are very imporant.  In all these years and all these matches, I do not remember Melbourne Storm showing this side.  It does not matter who they are playing, what the score is, they are not arrogant guys.  They might get over excited, but that is just our special team sprit that we have always had.  Dave Donaghy has obiously not seen a lot of storm games or got to know the players.  He needS to learn quickly about us or go.  I don't think he even knows very much about league.  As I said before HE NEEDS TO BE TOLD.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

glennb wrote: In todays paper 19.02.06 article titled "Double Joy in Battles of Will".  About half way through the article the paragrapgh reads "Chambers' brace was one of few highlights for Melbourne, which turned in what can only be decribed as an arrogant display against a Titans side devoid of its star recruits".  In my dictionary arrogant means, showing that you think you are very imporant.  In all these years and all these matches, I do not remember Melbourne Storm showing this side.  It does not matter who they are playing, what the score is, they are not arrogant guys.  They might get over excited, but that is just our special team sprit that we have always had.  Dave Donaghy has obiously not seen a lot of storm games or got to know the players.  He needS to learn quickly about us or go.  I don't think he even knows very much about league.  As I said before HE NEEDS TO BE TOLD.
Wouldn't be the first time Storm have gone out a bit cocksure. A number of embarassing defeats come to mind.
Most reporters expressed some level of disappointment with Melbourne's performance, it's possible he was on the money. Bellamy certainly seems to feel that ..
However, coach Craig Bellamy was disappointed with the overall display, telling the team that players seeking to be noticed performed well while established ones did not.
Sydney Morning Herald

So I wouldn't be hooking into the new bloke just yet, he may be spot on the money.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: In todays paper 19.02.06 article titled "Double Joy in Battles of Will".  About half way through the article the paragrapgh reads "Chambers' brace was one of few highlights for Melbourne, which turned in what can only be decribed as an arrogant display against a Titans side devoid of its star recruits". 
You are quite right - I completely missed that (or am I blind to any negative remark made towards us?).  It is an odd comment to make.  You can play flat, or even poorly - but to play arrogantly?  Were they running around with smirks on their faces, and noses in the air?  Were they making condescending remarks to the Titans players, or sledging Searle from the sideline.

It seems the media love to harp on about arrogance as it invokes an immediate response (such as what we've seen with the Aussie Cricketers, Stuarts' Kangaroos etc). 

I wouldnt buy into that...as I've said, he may have simply and carelessly used that word (or his editor may have replaced 'flat' with 'arrogant').  Jury is out at the moment.  But I guess he'll be choosing his words a bit more carefully if he wants to (a) get some co-operation from Waldron & co and (b) avoid the wrath of fans like your good self  :D
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Meh...maybe some critisim like that could be useful in motivating them more, who knows?....
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

TC wrote:
glennb wrote: In todays paper 19.02.06 article titled "Double Joy in Battles of Will".  About half way through the article the paragrapgh reads "Chambers' brace was one of few highlights for Melbourne, which turned in what can only be decribed as an arrogant display against a Titans side devoid of its star recruits".  In my dictionary arrogant means, showing that you think you are very imporant.  In all these years and all these matches, I do not remember Melbourne Storm showing this side.  It does not matter who they are playing, what the score is, they are not arrogant guys.  They might get over excited, but that is just our special team sprit that we have always had.  Dave Donaghy has obiously not seen a lot of storm games or got to know the players.  He needS to learn quickly about us or go.  I don't think he even knows very much about league.  As I said before HE NEEDS TO BE TOLD.
Wouldn't be the first time Storm have gone out a bit cocksure. A number of embarassing defeats come to mind.
Most reporters expressed some level of disappointment with Melbourne's performance, it's possible he was on the money. Bellamy certainly seems to feel that ..
However, coach Craig Bellamy was disappointed with the overall display, telling the team that players seeking to be noticed performed well while established ones did not.
Sydney Morning Herald

So I wouldn't be hooking into the new bloke just yet, he may be spot on the money.
Agreed.

I really liked Karl but I think most Storm supporters don't need to read what we want to read.
We'd rather read a review that was written by a thrid party reporter.... Warts and all.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: I really liked Karl but I think most Storm supporters don't need to read what we want to read.
We'd rather read a review that was written by a third party reporter.... Warts and all.
=D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:
I really liked Karl but I think most Storm supporters don't need to read what we want to read.
We'd rather read a review that was written by a thrid party reporter.... Warts and all.
Good point. Certainly we need some feelgood media to help promote the Storm (and indeed the game), but as fans we also want and need information, analysis and critiques - and just because we may not like it doesn't mean it isn't of value.
betweenthelies
Squall
Squall

could someone tell me what happened to karl anyway?
Dance and laugh and play. ignore the message we convey.
It seems we’re only here to entertain.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

betweenthelies wrote: could someone tell me what happened to karl anyway?
Still working for News Ltd I think. He's moved north somewhere.
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote:Dave Donaghy has obiously not seen a lot of storm games or got to know the players.  He needS to learn quickly about us or go.  I don't think he even knows very much about league.  As I said before HE NEEDS TO BE TOLD.
I think he's making an effort (and possibly learning that respect).

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 23,00.html
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

seems that most league journos working for the herald sun always move north after a year or two.  :?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]