Storm Games on FTA TV

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

As we all know the Storm's round 1 games is a live televised home game on Nein. Next 4 rounds we are Fox Sports televised games.

Given that Nein has lost AFL do we think that Nein will return to showing replays of Storm games like they used to before they got the AFL? Has anyone heard anything as yet?
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nine stop showing League properly before they got the AFL so you can't say it was because of them getting the AFL that League wasn't shown. It will however come down to if they want to stick it to the AFL or not for going back to Seven.

With Eddie getting the arse (soon) as Nine CEO it will come down to whoever takes control and what they think of League as a rating and money spinner for them.

Remember, that 50% of Nine is now owned by overseas companies and with the money they have spent they will wont value for money.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

RL has never been seen as a ratings winner in VIC so I doubt there will be any change in Nien telecast policy.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah but my argument has always been that if some other network is televising the AFL and nothing is going to rate highly against it, why not just show the league game and get it over and done with.  Then they could show movie re-runs or whatever AFTER the game.  What else is Nine going to show against the AFL that they think will be a ratings hit???  They've gotten rid of all their proven Friday night hits...
lotti

except for in 2000 when Victoria went League crazy.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ultimately it should come down to the commercial reality, ie what is cheaper to televise combined with what brings in greater overall advertising dollars.

Although the programming director has previously admitted a clear bias against Rugby League.
lotti

he's also probably sucking up to his AFL president boss whom is probably glad that Nein doesn't have the rights to AFL anymore.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Channel Nein currently shows an NBL Magazine / Highlights show so hopefully a similiar NRL type show can also be shown (with a heavily Storm bias of course  :thumbup: )
Last edited by MENACING*STORM on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
lotti

of course, I'm gonna have to remember to set my IQ to tape round 1 since I'll be at the game.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Insomniac wrote: Yeah but my argument has always been that if some other network is televising the AFL and nothing is going to rate highly against it, why not just show the league game and get it over and done with.  Then they could show movie re-runs or whatever AFTER the game.  What else is Nine going to show against the AFL that they think will be a ratings hit???  They've gotten rid of all their proven Friday night hits...
I like your argument.  ;-)
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Pal
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Ratings wise it is best for nein to run dead against the AFL and show the game later.  It is a pretty short-term strategy as it makes it difficult for kids, but nein is a very badly-run network.
betweenthelies
Squall
Squall

i think eddie would give us a fair go...they were neighbours for years remember
Dance and laugh and play. ignore the message we convey.
It seems we’re only here to entertain.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

betweenthelies wrote: i think eddie would give us a fair go...they were neighbours for years remember
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

HEY I CAN POST AGAIN!!!! been having that database error for days now.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
lotti

betweenthelies wrote: i think eddie would give us a fair go...they were neighbours for years remember
this is Eddie serves his own interest McGuire you're talking about right?