Stormy Stormy night was great

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hi all just recovering from a huge night last nite and I thought it was a great nite. The food the venue the way the nite was put on wqas all grat in my opinion.

Even tho it was a a Storm night I think my highlight was meeting John So. I might be wrong here because the amber fluid was starting to take effect but I'm pretty sure he agreed to coming and sitting with kaufusi's klan next year and joining in out chants :)
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Tell us more about the night.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I think I've got all the awards down.

Greg Brentnall Award (for best local junior talent): Russell Webber (Altona Roosters)
Greatest Hits: Antonio Kaufusi
Best Try: Cooper Cronk, Ryan Hoffman, Jake Webster
Rookie of the Year: Adam Blair
Most improved player: Cooper Cronk
Best Forward: Ryan Hoffman
Best Back: Greg Inglis
Player of the year: Cameron Smith (2nd year in a row) (Other nominees were Ryan Hoffman, Greg Inglis and Brett White)

Life Member: Scott Hill, Chris Anderson and John Ribot were all given Life Memberships

Night was good. More spread out than last year. As for value - still to be debated. The extra dollars didn't go into paying for a choice of meals tho! Photos uploaded soon.

Sorry - forgot the Michael Moore Award which was given to Jonce Dimovski. He is a tireless behind the scenes person for the club involved in the jerseys and more. Congratulations Jonce - well deserved!
Last edited by Buzz on Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Oh to swap Micheal 'Pissed and Slurring' Roberts with Roy & HG.

Otherwise quite a good night. The boys were chatty. Crocker was trying to suck Geyers brains out through his ear and mouth. The players can't follow scripts either, much to the frustration of the AV guys who copped a tongue lashing from Waldron for showing the wrong video. Scott Hill is not a great speech giver and Chris Anderson is no where near as tall as I remember him.

The price is still questionable, however it was certainly one of the better Pres. Balls I have been to .
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought it was a great night about from Staging Connections running of the AV.

They couldn't get one thing right and only had one person running the visuals part of the night. Food was great, wine flowed and everyone was (imo) made to feel included as part of the night.

Having the 4 screens was good as it allowed everyone to see.

Roberts should never be used every again. The bloke is a disgrace.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Did Waldron or Bellamy say much?
Ron Supwood
Squall
Squall

Waldron spoke well. Nothing controiversial but thanked the players, sponsors etc. If Bellamy spoke I either missed it or I was on a different planet when he delivered it.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael Roberts has been a disgrace the last few years - I still can't work out why they continue to use him.  Sounds like he was at his best again
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
stormgirl
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Michael Roberts was appalling, as always.  I actually enjoyed the night, which I really wasn't sure whether I would or not.  The AV people were definitely not on the ball (the sound levels at times were really bad too).

I hope that noone had a shellfish allergy, given the lack of choice of mains!

I really wish that they would bring the band on twice - once for the final break before the Player of the Year, and then again at the end.  Five hours seems to go way too quickly!
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Would have hated to have been vegetarian with the menu choices.

I'm not, so I thought the meals were nice.
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Filthy Teeve wrote: Would have hated to have been vegetarian with the menu choices.

I'm not, so I thought the meals were nice.
They served vegie meals as we had two on our table, all they did was ask the waiters and got them within minutes.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I had a pretty good night, I'm also with Stormgirl on the issue that it doesn't last nearly as long as I'd like ;-)
My man finally made a stand & would not swap any of his food for my moreton bay bug  :'(  So I swapped with someone else  :D  Glad I had that 2 inch beef fillet tho  ;-)
I did notice Brian go nuts at poor Trish when the AV guys stuffed up the best try vids......someone stuffed up  :lol:
All in all a great nite, got home about 4.30 very very wobbly  ;-)
Also gotta say GI is one of the cutest drunks I've ever been out on the town with  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Ron Supwood
Squall
Squall

For some reason they have to use Melbourne based Ch9 people. The people bagging Michael Roberts (with good reason) should thank their lucky stars we did not cop Tony Jones. His performance at the Origin lunch made Roberts look 5 star.
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I had a great time thought the meals were great and the company was fantastic.  I have to admit I did not realize that Michael Roberts was Dyslexic and had a speech problem, due to the amount of stuff ups he made during the night.  He thought he was funny and at the end of the day he was amusing himself.  It was great to see Trevor up there getting his life membership to HBA and the Storm. 
steaming stormer wrote: Michael Roberts has been a disgrace the last few years - I still can't work out why they continue to use him.  Sounds like he was at his best again
Is it cause he does it for nothing which would explain why they continue to use him as he is cheap. :P :P :P ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)
I am back again.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ron Supwood wrote: Waldron spoke well. Nothing controiversial but thanked the players, sponsors etc. If Bellamy spoke I either missed it or I was on a different planet when he delivered it.
I'm sure Bellamy spoke, I think.  ???